Official PITTSBURGH STEELERS 2012 Season Thread (7-5): Week 14 vs Chargers

Cool pic daheadbanda...Glad you had a nice time...

Don't feel good about the game this week, unless our defense comes up really big & we run the heck out of the ball. Still have a shot at a wild card birth. Hope Tomlin can help the team unleash hell in December...LOL...

Man, teams really raided our practice squad like it was a door buster sale on Black Friday...Was hoping we could hold onto WR Toney Clemons (Jacksonville), WR David Gilreath (Tampa Bay), & G Ryan Lee (Saints). Really would've liked to see Lee stay as he showed some promise in the preseason.

Still can't believe we turned over the ball 8 times last week...What the heck... :smh:

I hope Ben doesn't come back until he's fully healthy, ditto for DeCastro...Sucks about Gilbert being gone for the season...Injuries have hit this team like a mutha...

We live and die with Ben.  Hopefully we can go 10-6/9-7 and get the last wildcard.  Losing to Oak/Tenn/Den/Cle really hurt us with the tiebreakers. 

Plus the Oak/TN games would've given a cushion to survive while Ben is out. After a loss this Sunday they will have to win out essentially. Annoying and frustrating

Bottom line is Tomlin's gotta get this team to unleash hell & people have to step up their games...Next man up...

Wow, lots of shuffling on the o-line this week in practice this week. Colon sat out on Wednesday so Pouncey spent time playing LG & Legursky took over center. Steeler Depot wrote Colon is expected to play & these moves were precautionary.

Damn, both RT Adam & LT Starks sat out too. Adams is definitely out this week, & Starks got a vet off day. Beachum got work at both tackle spots. I hope Beachum works out...

Looks like Polamalu & Brown practiced this week...

Although unlikely since the ratbirds are playing at home, we could possibly pull out a W...

Nice win yesterday...I felt for Chuck (Batch) the last several weeks because he was getting hammered in Pittsburgh & nationally. I know he took it pretty hard especially since he's from Pittsburgh (Homestead) & it came to a head after the W when you saw him get emotional (along with hugs coming from the various coaches)...

Such about Ike especially since he's been playing well, but like Tomlin says, the standard is the standard. Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown looked good yesterday especially Allen (Citadel representing!!!). Reports say Ike has a fibula injury & that he could be out 2-6 weeks.

Anyone catch the terse handshake between Tomlin & Harbaugh after the game? I wonder what was up with that?

Got 4 more games to go; home against the Chargers next week, @ Dallas, home against the Bengals, & final game home against the Browns. Gotta finish strong. Time to unleash "hell".... :lol: :smokin

I thought it was Ike's ankle. hope he can get ready for the playoffs then (assuming we get in of course). I feel really good about the defense, but we have got to get this team healthy. I feel like the defense will keep us in any game and it we can get Ben back and healthy at qb, there's not many games we won't win.

I was like damn, we get Troy back & now Ike goes out but like I said, this will be a chance Allen & Brown to play. From the looks of yesterday day we might be aiight. They both played solidly the whole game. Allen even had a great pass defense preventing Torrey Smith from catching a TD pass sometime late in the game. I was really hoping Allen pans out...

Brown and Allen gotta step it up now.

I actually turn away from the game after Batch was picked by Reed. It did not seem like we would come back from that. I'm glad we did tho

that defense will always keep us in games. glad to see harrison make that huge play on the strip sack. i was almost as pumped up as he was. you could tell he was happy/relieved to be able to contribute in a big way like that after the season he's had so far.

It was good to see Deebo (Harrison) back & playing well. I'm glad Sanders & Wallace got back into the game. They looked like they were sulking on the sidelines. Heath Miller & Suisham continue to be dependable. Suisham has been a godsend post Jeff Reed. Also good to see Kelvin Beachum get his game on. Hate to see players hurt (even ratbirds), but the media around here in Baltimore are saying terrell suggs has a torn bicep. He's getting a second opinion which typically means the first one he got is recommending he not play for whatever time period...We could have a shot at winning the division...

Whelp, Ben practiced fully today & also practiced well...Provided he feels well the rest of the week, it looks like he could play Sunday against the Chargers...Ike is of course out but so is LT Mike Adams...

Tackle Marcus Gilbert had surgery on his ankle (tendon ) & rehab is underway. He should be ready to go next year...Damn, he was playing well too...

Mike Tomlin announces Ben Roethlisberger will start on Sunday!

:pimp:

Looks like Ben is going to wear a custom made vest to protect his shoulder. The same company currently outfits James Harrison, Ryan Clark, & Troy Polamalu. It will have Concussion Reduction Technology (CRT) - kevlar to help absorb the hits he'll take.

Deebo swears by it. Harrison has said in interviews that he gets a lot less headaches since he started wearing his equipment this year (yikes)...

Damn, o-line coach Sean Kugler just got hired to be the HC @ UTEP. For as short handed our lines had been under is tenure, he's done a great job since he's been with the Steelers. Sad to see him go, but glad he's moving up...He's apparently finishing the season though...

Whelp, that was an a** whupping last week. Although the score was 34-24, it was never really close which is sad since we were playing at home & with all the injuries the Chargers had specifically on o-line. We should've been able to go ham. Tomlin & the coaching staff did not have this team ready to play. The slightly scarring thing is this is happening kinda often...Of course part of the issue is due to injuries. We'll see how we bounce back on the road. Guard Dave DeCastro is making his first start...We need to get this win...

View media item 170980

Last edited:
This team is so damn trash. I don't give a damn about no #1 defense. It's false advertisement really. :smh: No sacks, turnovers, nothing of significance recently, IMO. Yeah we're the #1 defense but teams dink and dunk running 6 yard out routes and converting them. :smh:

And look at Antonio Brown and Todd Haley.... clowns

All facts. I'd rather have a less talented team that tries hard and plays smart. Even if they would win less games

Ben is what, an 9 year vet now? 3 SB appearances, 2 SB wins, Haley wants to put handcuffs on him. Let Ben operate the no-huddle and quit being so scared. (I'm looking at Tomlin). I'm not even sure how we got to a #1 defense again. LeBeau seemingly never adjusts. Just like an old man he's damn stubborn to try something else, something new. :smh: Why is he still here anyways? IMO folks are blinded by that top 5 ranked defense

I'll agree about LeBeau not looking like he adjusts well, but part of the problem IMO is the personnel he has to play with & the injuries. Although they were playing well the first part of the season, the young guys in the secondary asked to fill in for the injured players aren't stepping up to the plate. I really don't like our DBs to much outside of Ike & Keenan (Plus, I'm not the biggest fan of Ike's anyway). I've long said that's been a problem for our defense. Troy's outstanding play over the years has masked that, but now that Troy isn't playing like he used to, our secondary looks as bad as it is.

We also aren't getting the type of pressure from our defensive line or our linebackers consistently, Lamar especially. Injuries aside, it seems like he's disappeared. I mean he was being bullied last Sunday by running back Lance Dunbar who is listed as 5'8". I think Lamar's been battling ankle & hammy issues but aren't hammy issues usually the result of poor conditioning?

Which leads me to my next point, I don't think some of the guys specifically on D are in good shape...

Forgot to add that whenever LeBeau hangs it up, I'll be sad. it's been said that LB coach Keith Butler will end up being the DC when LeBeau retires (whenever that is).

Back
Top Bottom