Official Pizza Appreciation!

Went to NYC recently, went to a few spots:
Emily - The Colony
IMG_20190502_180353.jpg

Lombardi's Pizza - Original Margherita

IMG_20190501_174532.jpg

Need to make a return trip pronto. Too many other spots I had on my list I didn't get to try out.

Last edited:
If it were almost any other pizzeria, it'll spell doom for that place. Unfortunately, they'll continue to do what they do shortly and people will still go in droves. Disgusting.

Cool, I'll happily put rat feces on your feces to go along with where your opinion belongs and clearly your standards for food.

Cool, I'll happily put rat feces on your feces to go along with where your opinion belongs and clearly your standards for food.
For someone that's so concerned about sanitary practice, you seem really eager to handle some rat ****.

NYC is dirty as ****. There are rodents everywhere, particularly food establishments. Not sure how you can sit here and act all "oh my god that's disgusting, how could they let that happen?" when just about every restaurant in the 5 boroughs has dealt with this problem. They usually just get an exterminator and are able to resolve the issue before DOH catches wind.

I love food and love fine dining, but I don't live with my head in the clouds either. If you think this is an exceptional situation, you're delusional.

Lots of food spots get temporarily shut down for DOH violations. Not as uncommon or egregious.

Would still eat there and not think twice about it. Step your immune system up.
Hell no, once I KNOW a place a history of problems with pests/feces, I'm done with it. Too many choices to be encouraging that type of negligence.

Hell no, once I KNOW a place a history of problems with pests/feces, I'm done with it. Too many choices to be encouraging that type of negligence.
So is eating at a place that you don't HEAR of that type of "negligence" (strong word of choice here) also considered encouraging that type of behavior?

So is eating at a place that you don't HEAR of that type of "negligence" (strong word of choice here) also considered encouraging that type of behavior?
No, willingly going to a restaurant that has a history with pests may tell the owner that type of negligence is okay. I don't know why I have to clarify what I meant.

Last edited:
my nyc folks, how long is the line usually for di fara?

going during july 4 weekend and i def want a slice

Last I read a few weeks ago the DoH shut them down for violations, though this isn't the first time :lol: so I would find out if they are back open.

Line can be decent depending on the day ya go, but it moves.

Last I read a few weeks ago the DoH shut them down for violations, though this isn't the first time :lol: so I would find out if they are back open.

Line can be decent depending on the day ya go, but it moves.
DO NOT go to Di Fara's! It's all gimmick & hype man. I went there not too long ago...called ahead while on the Jackie Robinson. Arrived on time & still waited another 1 1/2 hours for my pie....not exaggerating another 1 1/2 damn hours!!! Slowest of the slowest people working there. They rate that **** best slice in NYC? FUGGEDABOUTIT! And DoH shut em down...AGAIN

Do you have to get a whole pie for di Fara? I just want a slice and don't want to wait an hour to get one lol. Might just hit up Joe's in Manhattan.

Back
Top Bottom