Official Pizza Appreciation!

Sicilian from Napoli's & food from Halal Munchies. Never knew Napoli's Sicilian was this good. Light & doughy with excellent house sauce.
20240308_173022.jpg
20240308_173428.jpg
20240308_181026.jpg
20240308_181029.jpg
20240308_182245.jpg
20240308_182716.jpg
20240308_182933.jpg

After reading so many reviews, finally tried "Pizza" in West Chester, PA.
Very, very delicious. Definitely ranks high up on the top 10 I've ever had.

It's good. They had a breakup. The pizza shop in Thorndale, Joey's, is the original guy who started PWC, who was with his brother when Portnoy did the review. They since split up (not amicable) and the pizza in Thorndale is the same stuff from the review. I found in very good but, the dough was a tad tough (kept having to chew a while).

You should try the other spot in West Chester, which is West Chester Pizza Cafe. Different but I feel as good. Very light & very thin. Make sure you ask for it well done. 👍

I live vicariously through everyone in this thread. Now its rare when I take the risk and get a pizza. My crohn’s wont allow it. :frown: miss it so much

You know I feel ya buddy. For some reason, I can easily tolerate pizza. But steak? FORGET IT! And with me feeling awful the last 5 weeks (pouchitis), I'm eating basic stuff for a while. 😞😞

This looks superb.

Type of pizza you can eat and not feel like you have just shortened your life.

definitely very light. it's 12 inch and $7 from my work cafeteria. they've got a pizza oven and make these badboys to order. pretty good for a quick lunch

you ever been here DeadsetAce DeadsetAce
Supposed to be some of the best Neapolitan pizza in the area. I still haven’t tried that style of pizza yet so it think I might check it out today

I see a good bit of neighborhood people enjoy this place in philly

Will have to check it out at dome point

you ever been here DeadsetAce DeadsetAce
Supposed to be some of the best Neapolitan pizza in the area. I still haven’t tried that style of pizza yet so it think I might check it out today

I haven’t been. Let us know how it is tho

Action Bronson went to Brothers Pizza (Fresh Meadows, Queens) and Rosario’s (Astoria, Queens). Strangely, I’ve been to neither pizzeria but I’ve eaten at other pizzerias or restaurants nearby. I’ve been to the pizzeria that’s directly across the street from Rosario’s (or it used to be).

Last edited:
Action Bronson went to Brothers Pizza (Fresh Meadows, Queens) and Rosario’s (Astoria, Queens). Strangely, I’ve been to neither pizzeria but I’ve eaten at other pizzerias or restaurants nearby. I’ve been to the pizzeria that’s directly across the street from Rosario’s (or it used to be).

Brother's Pizza is literally down the block from me. I was there everyday with the gang back in HS. Superb pizza, can't go wrong. Highly recommend you check them out.

That crepe type bread with egg at Ho Foods looks delicious. Going to have to stop in there after Ramadan is over. Dope post as always :pimp: .

After thinking long and hard about it, I think I've finally arrived at the conclusion that meat makes pizza worse TO ME. I like the fact that pizza is an indulgence while still being somewhat light on the stomach. The addition of meat negates that appeal.

In the same line of thought, I think tomato pie is sorely underrated as well. I'd opt for a good slice of tomato pie over your average plain slice of pizza.

Only low quality meat does not enhance

Fresh sausage cannot be denied

Pause to both sentiments
Sausage/pepperoni doesn't do anything to make the pizza better, IMO. Just overpowers the other flavors and makes the pie greasy.

I still have a soft spot for meatball on pizza, but even that doesn't make pizza better. It just makes the pizza different.

Brother's Pizza is literally down the block from me. I was there everyday with the gang back in HS. Superb pizza, can't go wrong. Highly recommend you check them out.

That crepe type bread with egg at Ho Foods looks delicious. Going to have to stop in there after Ramadan is over. Dope post as always :pimp: .

I’m usually passing through that area by bus and I don’t normally stop there or pay much attention to the businesses there. The only pizzeria I was aware of in that area is Blaze. I usually stick to 5 Guys, the movie theater or Starbucks around there. I do need to check them out and they are also on the Queens Pizza chart. I might go there and Mano’s as well.

Have you been to Mano’s in Ridgewood? What do you suggest?

After thinking long and hard about it, I think I've finally arrived at the conclusion that meat makes pizza worse TO ME. I like the fact that pizza is an indulgence while still being somewhat light on the stomach. The addition of meat negates that appeal.

In the same line of thought, I think tomato pie is sorely underrated as well. I'd opt for a good slice of tomato pie over your average plain slice of pizza.

Pause on thinking long and hard about meat.

I think if there’s too many toppings, it can ruin the pizza but pepperoni or sausage are classic toppings that enhance the pizza. And combining either one with mushrooms enhances it further. Nothing wrong with a regular slice either. I usually like to get a regular slice or Sicilian and a pepperoni slice to-go or when I’m trying a new spot out.

Back
Top Bottom