***Official Podcast thread*** Bill Burr, Joe Rogan, Sports, and everything inbetween

The Apple podcast app is ******* terrible. Anyone else have problems with it?

Won't let me delete some episodes I've downloaded - if I delete on the phone, in my iTunes, or both, they still pop back up as soon as I sync :smh:

Any good alternatives?

I stopped using it back when I had my 5S. One of those updates killed it. It's been terrible since it became it's own separate app.

I use PodCruncher

You can stream them on stitcher. Maybe try delete the podcast app first and download it again.

On The Media - My absolute favorite, great info, tackles political issues from interesting perspectives. HIGHLY recommended.

Planet Money - Really interesting economic podcast, they relate aspects of economics to things that you encounter daily or at least that you have heard of or witnessed.

On Point with Tom Ashbrook - Similar to On The Media, they have great guest speakers.

Intelligence Squared Debates - INCREDIBLE debates. I learn a lot from these, they have compelling arguments for both sides of very big and important issues. They don't come out often, maybe like once a month, but I always get excited when there's a new one.

Political Scene - Maybe a slight left bias but none-the-less good info on current events.

Money Tree
Radical Personal Finance
EconTalk
Tom Woods Show
Billy Salmon Skin Burr
Nick DiPaolo
Voluntary Life
School Sucks
Rogan (he's about to get cut though)
Tuesdays With Stories
Pete and Sebastian

I'll cycle in Carolla and Jay Mohr depending on the guest. They both get tedious though.

I drive a lot for work, so good pod is a necessity.

Good list. Rogan has fell off crazy hard, the last good episode was with Neil Degrasse Tyson. After that, it went to ****.

anyone still listening to dvdasa?

it's fell off hard man.. stopped listening for a bit.. and tried listening to some of the recent episodes and just gave up

anyone still listening to dvdasa?

it's fell off hard man.. stopped listening for a bit.. and tried listening to some of the recent episodes and just gave up

havent listened to that in a long time
thought they took a break from doing it?

anyone know of any good pods on biz/financial markets, etc?

me and a friend started a sports podcast. only one episode under our belt, will be recording the second one thursday night. you could check every friday we'll always have it ready for the weekend. we just need to work out the audio issues since we're still newbs at this. the volume isn't where we want it to be.

check it out though and hope you guys enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/going-for-two

me and a friend started a sports podcast. only one episode under our belt, will be recording the second one thursday night. you could check every friday we'll always have it ready for the weekend. we just need to work out the audio issues since we're still newbs at this. the volume isn't where we want it to be.

Yall taking callers or emails?

we're still in the early stages but yeah we can definitely work that into the show. i like the idea of doing that.

we set up an email address to take questions:

G42Podcast@gmail.com

Feel free to email us and we'll get to your sports questions/comments during our show.

Current rotation:

Bill Burr
JRE (only certain guests - agree that it's fallen off)
The Tim O'Connor show
Radiolab - "the bad show" was incredible
Fitz Dog Radio
WTF
The Tuesday Club (Arsenal pod)
ArseBlog
KEXP song of the day
NPR All Songs Considered
Hardcore History

I still listen to all the ones I posted earlier on this page, and a few you guys have suggested, Radiolab is :pimp:

Recently discovered:

Slate Political Gabfest

The Economist

Both are pretty good, economist has shorter episodes and sometimes they're a little dry but I feel like I learn a lot.

Checking out Brilliant Idiots as well, looks good!

Last edited:
Anyone listen to tax season? Been on it for a while along with brilliant idiots and combat jack. Loud speaker network has a bunch of good podcasts I listen to daily while I'm driving

Anyone listen to tax season? Been on it for a while along with brilliant idiots and combat jack. Loud speaker network has a bunch of good podcasts I listen to daily while I'm driving

We talk about them in the music section

It's pretty much one big topic of Combat, Tax, Juan Epstein, Rap Radar, Lip Service, Joe Budden's....

Really interesting podcast. Just some ideas that stood out to me

-decriminalizing drugs/moderate use

-athletes and performance enhancements

-1:56:00, how everyone should see things especially what's going on in our society today

Last edited:
current rotation

for Laughs
Legion of Skanks
Race Wars
You Know What Dude!
Doug Loves Movies

for Gaming
The Giant Beastcast
Giant Bombcast

I wish Hardcore History would update more often but dude has another podcast that's decent
Common Sense with Dan Carlin

Limetown - this is like horror version of Serial. Production is crazy good.

Looking into that one.

My rotation is lacking horror. The No Sleep podcast is disappointing 90% of the time. The few times they do have good stories, I've managed to read them before they hit the podcast.

Back
Top Bottom