***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The fact that he needs 60 votes is ridiculous
for some bills they didn't even need all 60

da president had certain trump cards in where he could do some kind of procedure and just used under da 60 votes needed.

he was scared to use to cuz he was afraid republicans were gonna him out on "bypassing da democratic process"
eyes.gif

could've used that power to tell senator nelson with his cornhusker kickback to kicks rocks and pass da public option.

obama was just too arrogant and didn't see da tidal wave of tea party support in 2010 that decimated his dem congress and weakened his senate control
Yo...ya'll really don't understand how cautious Obama had to be to get ANYTHING done, not to mention the GOP has been plotting to obstruct ANYTHING he wanted to do.

And you don't get to count those randoms like Snowe or Coburn. 

Obama sure as hell didn't have 60 votes for Obamacare but he shoved that down the people's throats.

And he just signed a magic wand and gave the children of all illegal aliens amnesty. Totally unconstitutional. His budgets haven't received ONE democrat vote for three years. Oh and he went into Libya without authorization.

Last edited:
The fact that he needs 60 votes is ridiculous

for some bills they didn't even need all 60

da president had certain trump cards in where he could do some kind of procedure and just used under da 60 votes needed.

he was scared to use to cuz he was afraid republicans were gonna him out on "bypassing da democratic process" :rolleyes

could've used that power to tell senator nelson with his cornhusker kickback to kicks rocks and pass da public option.

obama was just too arrogant and didn't see da tidal wave of tea party support in 2010 that decimated his dem congress and weakened his senate control
Yo...ya'll really don't understand how cautious Obama had to be to get ANYTHING done, not to mention the GOP has been plotting to obstruct ANYTHING he wanted to do.

And you don't get to count those randoms like Snowe or Coburn. 

son could've parted da red sea those first few months of his presidency with da way his approval ratings were.

stop making excuses for ya boy.

he didn't work on ALOT OF **** that he should've gotten done with da little to no resistance with da congress and senate at his disposal..and STOP ACTING

like son needed a super majority to pass things that were bipartisan in nature like immigration reform and da stimulus that was SUPPOSED to be all about infrastructure.

I would like to read what went on here... But I'm sure it is exactly like the Bill Maher video I posted a few pages back

All this green energy crap is speculation for the future. There's not enough demand to support it in the free market at this time. Government subsidies still aren't helping - just look at Solyndra.

By the way, how many Chevy Volts are being sold these days?
It only depends on what kind of energy we're talking about. California is artificially inflating the price of energy by mandating energy companies produce a certain percentage of the total demand as "green" energy. If we want to talk about the "free market", we need to talk about Tesla's partnership w/ Toyota. The Prius has been a success even though the economics of the car don't match people's perceptions. If we want energy independence, hybrid technology is the future since we're diversifying our needs rather than trying to push a single energy source. The one thing the government is completely missing the ball on is rail. We can transport MUCH more freight, MUCH more efficiently over rail than we can with diesel trucks. Plus you would take more long haul trucks off the road, freeing space on the freeways allowing traffic to run much smoother and decreasing emissions from vehicles sitting in traffic.
i agree with high speed rail...

but obama pushed da initial stimulus as being a infrastructure project, and most of da money ended up going to da banks...

he should've pushed ALL of that when he had a super majority, not that republicans would've even stood in da way of that.
YO. NINJAHOOD. STOP SAYING THAT.

ITS.

NOT

TRUE.

OBAMA DID NOT HAVE A FUNCTIONAL SUPERMAJORITY AT ANY POINT. ONLY ON PAPER DID HE HAVE THE REQUIRED 60, BUT SOMEONE WAS ALWAYS NOT PRESENT, NAMELY TED KENNEDY or Al Franken not being approved or Paul Kirk having to fill in etc. So he was only ever working with 58 or 59.

AND EVEN THEN, HIS "SUPERMAJORITY" LASTED FOR LIKE 7 WEEKS. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer-m-granholm/debunking-the-myth-obamas_b_1929869.html
How you define the Super Majority is semantics because they regularly picked off Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, & Tom Coburn.
Are you freaking kidding me?

Like hell its just "semantics"

Obama didn't have the strict super majority he claims you all did...and when the claim gets debunked, then its just "semantics"

Those are republicans, not a "democratic party super majority"

That claim is wrong.

If people chose to cross party lines...THATS A GOOD THING!

If not, then you can't just run back behind the supermajority claim. 

http://www.politicususa.com/obama-debunks-myth-supermajority-congress-years.html

http://current.com/shows/the-war-room/videos/debunking-the-myth-of-obamas-two-year-supermajority

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast...super-majority-in-congress-for-two-years.html

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/09/03/13641077-a-fleeting-illusory-supermajority?lite
Here's one I COMPLETELY overlooked. Arlen Specter. The guy actually switched parties instead of voting with the opposition each time.

Since when is compromise through bribing a good thing? We're not talking about philosophical votes here. We're talking about votes made because someone offered to insert pork into a bill for their district.

this guy ninjahood is too funny. Pathological at best. You really are just debating for the sake of it, as where I'm trying tto be as imformative is a I can. Even when I've agreed with him he wants debate a completely different topic.

We've aprehended many different issues and now we're back at the "Alternative energy market is dependable on govt subsidies" topic in which I clearly stated that for one, oil is also heavily subsidized with a real face value of around $18 a gallon. And number 2 the only thing subsidezed when it comes to solar is the installation costs. Rebates do not cover the purchasing of panels as it does with the purchasing of oil.

When it comes to energy you cannot look at in terms of a domestic market. There is a ton of countries that are converting to renewable means of energy without a single rebate or subsidy from their govt. I would link this up but im on my phone.

And I love how you guys use solyndra as a case study for the solar market. Forget the success of kyocera, sharp, sunnyboy, sma, bp, sunpower, xantrex, and ge, just to name a few. in such q competative market one or two are destined to go down as with any. Unfortunately it just so happened to be solyndra.

But stick to your coal and oil man. ninjahood would have you believe we have enough of it on this planet to last us the next 100 years.

When oil and coal are winding down (this goes for everyone) at what point do we start depending more on green technology? 10, 30, 50 years before we completely run out?

Last edited:
E
Anyone getting Anti-Obama spam text messages?
So many people voting anything but obama is scary. People are voting against obama more than they're voting for mitt romney. A huge chunk of republicans don't even like romney, but to spite obama woud rather vote for romney. what did the text msg say? He's a kenyan born muslim terrorist who hates america?

FiveThirtyEight
Now Cast: Obama 298.8 Electoral Votes 79.5% chance of winning 50.4% Popular Vote
Nov. 6 Cast: Obama 299 Electoral Votes 77.4% chance of winning 50.4% Popular Vote (Race looks like it did Sept 22 & Oct 7)

ElectionProjection 290-248 Obama
RCP 281-257 (Colorado flipped to Romney today)

Intrade which needs to be right to make money has Obama at a 63.5% chance of winning

Last edited:
all the information y'all are spewing is so insignificant, word is bond. we can't VOTE for change. we have to TAKE it.

"if voting changed anything, it'd be illegal." - Emma Goldman (don't agree with her ideology but even that is better than neoliberalism)

It seems y'all are just expressing the inefficiency of the capitalist system. "wahh wahh Obama can't do anything because the Republicans blocking him, they can't get majority, they had a majority, blah blah"

there are 1500 newspapers, 1100 magazines, 9000 radio stations, 1500 TV stations, 2400 publishers, owned by 3 corporations. what makes y'all think y'all even have relevant information?

lots of reformist ideology up in here. as an internationalist, we can't even talk about what's good for this country without talking about what's good for 3rd world countries. we need to study past successful revolutions/insurrections/rebellions and study their failures/successes. we need to study the theory being formulated during those epochs.

"without revolutionary theory, there can be no revolutionary movement" - Lenin.

anything less than aspirations to overthrow amerika is hogwash.

down with the white supremacist nation! down with empire!

All this green energy crap is speculation for the future. There's not enough demand to support it in the free market at this time. Government subsidies still aren't helping - just look at Solyndra.

On the Volts, they may not sell because the charging stations aren't built out yet so the market is limited to mainly people that have garages with electrical outlets. If they don't build more charging stations, all electric cars may fail, including the Volt.

this guy ninjahood is too funny. Pathological at best. You really are just debating for the sake of it, as where I'm trying tto be as imformative is a I can. Even when I've agreed with him he wants debate a completely different topic.

We've aprehended many different issues and now we're back at the "Alternative energy market is dependable on govt subsidies" topic in which I clearly stated that for one, oil is also heavily subsidized with a real face value of around $18 a gallon. And number 2 the only thing subsidezed when it comes to solar is the installation costs. Rebates do not cover the purchasing of panels as it does with the purchasing of oil.

When it comes to energy you cannot look at in terms of a domestic market. There is a ton of countries that are converting to renewable means of energy without a single rebate or subsidy from their govt. I would link this up but im on my phone.

And I love how you guys use solyndra as a case study for the solar market. Forget the success of kyocera, sharp, sunnyboy, sma, bp, sunpower, xantrex, and ge, just to name a few. in such q competative market one or two are destined to go down as with any. Unfortunately it just so happened to be solyndra.

But stick to your coal and oil man. ninjahood would have you believe we have enough of it on this planet to last us the next 100 years.

When oil and coal are winding down (this goes for everyone) at what point do we start depending more on green technology? 10, 30, 50 years before we completely run out?

I don't get how this isn't easy enough to comprehend. Everything you've been spitting is the truth, it's sad some people live in an alternate reality just for the sake of wanting to be right :smh:

On the Volts, they may not sell because the charging stations aren't built out yet so the market is limited to mainly people that have garages with electrical outlets. If they don't build more charging stations, all electric cars may fail, including the Volt.
Exactly.

Its like saying cars that run on flexfuel is a failure because there are no flexfuel pumps. 

Exactly.

Its like saying cars that run on flexfuel is a failure because there are no flexfuel pumps. 

They haven't built more charging stations because there's no demand! People don't want to drive Volts. If there was enough demand, charging stations would be built.

Here's some more green energy fail: GT Advanced Technologies Inc. (GTAT), a U.S. supplier of manufacturing equipment for solar and energy- efficient lighting products, fell the most in more than three years after saying it will fire 25 percent of its workforce in anticipation of a “challenging” 2013.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...logies-to-fire-25-of-workforce-worldwide.html

Not sure if srs..
Tony reszo
His former church w/ j wright
Bill ayers affiliation....
Yo boy just been Teflon.

LMAO

wright?

wow he had a black pastor! HOW SHAMEFUL!

meanwhile, we cant even laugh at romney's mormonism or it's attacking his faith....yawn

ninja, if you really vote for a mormon bro....LMAO

Exactly.

They haven't built more charging stations because there's no demand! People don't want to drive Volts. If there was enough demand, charging stations would be built.

Here's some more green energy fail: GT Advanced Technologies Inc. (GTAT), a U.S. supplier of manufacturing equipment for solar and energy- efficient lighting products, fell the most in more than three years after saying it will fire 25 percent of its workforce in anticipation of a “challenging” 2013.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...logies-to-fire-25-of-workforce-worldwide.html
You can't keep relying on "demand" as an argument for sustainability.

Oil doesn't last forever. 

all the information y'all are spewing is so insignificant, word is bond. we can't VOTE for change. we have to TAKE it.
"if voting changed anything, it'd be illegal." - Emma Goldman (don't agree with her ideology but even that is better than neoliberalism)
It seems y'all are just expressing the inefficiency of the capitalist system. "wahh wahh Obama can't do anything because the Republicans blocking him, they can't get majority, they had a majority, blah blah"
there are 1500 newspapers, 1100 magazines, 9000 radio stations, 1500 TV stations, 2400 publishers, owned by 3 corporations. what makes y'all think y'all even have relevant information?
lots of reformist ideology up in here. as an internationalist, we can't even talk about what's good for this country without talking about what's good for 3rd world countries. we need to study past successful revolutions/insurrections/rebellions and study their failures/successes. we need to study the theory being formulated during those epochs.
"without revolutionary theory, there can be no revolutionary movement" - Lenin.
anything less than aspirations to overthrow amerika is hogwash.
down with the white supremacist nation! down with empire!

look at this revolutionary anarchist in his "wicked kickz"

YAWN

You can't keep relying on "demand" as an argument for sustainability.

Oil doesn't last forever. 

Like how hard is this to comprehend? Come up with sustainable new energy sources or wait 100 years until nonrenewable resources are depleted then look arund scratching our heads waiting on a solution? Are people being serious with themselves?

Last edited:
LMAO @ NYC PUBLIC SCHOOLS STILL BURNING COAL

HOW POOR IS THAT?

NYC MINDSETS MAKE SO MUCH MORE SENSE NOW

THEY BURN COAL FOR INDOOR HEAT IN 2012.

AND DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT,

IN FACT

THEYRE DEFENDING IT! ARGUING IT SHOULD BE STANDARD!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Like I just don't get it. Ignore logical movements in the correct direction for the sake of saying Solyndra failed & pinning it on Obama?

Back
Top Bottom