***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I hate not to be 100% on the side of women in this situation, and I believe most or all of what they're saying, but it's not clear to me that these accusations against Gov Cuomo rise to the level of requiring resignation.

Part of this is a knee-jerk reaction because libs always freely take out their own while conservatives let their people get away with the most egregious of acts, so I automatically want to defend libs accused of wrongdoing (within reason, of course).

I read the NYT story and it seems like at least some of the things were likely innocent but taken the wrong way. At the same time, somebody in that position needs to be aware of how their power imbalance can affect things. That said, I didn't see anything that rose to the level of trading a promotion for a relationship or withholding a promotion as punishment, for example, although of course the subordinate may have understood the interactions to be of that kind, which is why Cuomo should've known better.

An investigation seems to be the right move unless more comes out that moves this more firmly into a "resign now" situation.
That’s not true cause the Governor of Virginia did and said some foul **** and still runs that State. A Governor and a Senator are in two different positions in regards to these types of scandals. A Senator simply represents a state as a part of a legislative body. It’s relatively easy to apply pressure to them to step down. A Governor runs their own State and is answerable to no one outside of legal entities.

Cuomo will survive this if enough of his staff and fellows NY State government official support him and he is willing to carry this scarlet letter of shame in the public. It really depends if the AG decides to prosecute. Letitia James being a life long politician herself (and someone who has a lot of potential) will likely weigh the evidence and her own politician ambitions and make a decision.

I don’t think Cuomo wins the party’s nomination or even runs for Governor after all this but does Letitia want Cuomo loyalist to go against her when she runs or have Fredo throw her under the bus on his own show....
She is going to do her own calculations.

Imagine holding up actual progress and pissing away potential Dem gains down the road just so you can play to both sides for self-preservation.

Nobody can convince me that our political system isn’t broken. Unbelievable.
Manchin is a Dixiecrat. Prove me wrong.

Folks, listen to that Chris Hayes podcast episode about the history of the filibuster. The only time it was consistently brought up before Obama's terms was when civil rights legislation was about to be voted on, and that was even when those bills had popular support. In 1937, an anti-lynching bill had widespread support and it was filibustered by Southern senators.

It's a tool of white supremacy. Democrats may have 50 senators, but the poor and black folks certainly don't.

fz5xnalv3kk61.jpg

I mean if you are going to act like an all mighty ******* you better have a squeaky clean record doing it as well. Because you will get caught in this day and age.

Now I will say, as much we I don’t like the dude, his press conferences with COVID last spring were at least a breath of fresh air to me because it put in some sort of reality. Granted, one of my friends said that something was being hidden because this sister who is a nurse in the Buffalo area and works in a nursing home told her that they had many deaths that weren’t reported. And well here it comes, your good graces all gone in 2 fell swoops. Ain’t no coming back from this.

Back
Top Bottom