***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I still maintain that that Manchin mofo was cheering for McConnell behind closed doors.

nah
if Manchin wanted to be a Republican he be welcomed with open arms and it would guarantee re-election probably.

the fact that he's still a democrat tells you he largely supports the democratic parties policies.

I still think if you put up maybe a rural broadband bill,

and found a way to neuter the filibuster without officially killing it you miiight convince Joe Manchin,
hey man we gotta do this for WV

Sinema is the one who I don't understand.

I still maintain that that Manchin mofo was cheering for McConnell behind closed doors.

He’s an interesting case. I’m curious to what’s going on behind the scenes though.

Like if he’s a democrat, I’m sure his views align with Biden’s more often than they don’t. Yeah he may be more moderate than your typical Democrat. But he’s delusional if he thinks the GOP will be more willing to compromise and give him what he wants if they control the senate.

If it boils down to throwing him a thing or two which benefits West Virginia and makes him look good in the process, just do it. I know he’s proposing something related to energy tax credits. At this point, just throw him a bone and see what’s needed to get him on board. If he’s not, then I’m all for getting whatever you can get out of him for now, but he’s ultimately disposable if the time ever comes where you don’t need him anymore.

while there clearly should be a focus on the stupidity of the republican leadership in texas..

Mississippi's republican leadership doesnt want to be left out

NPC-lookin dude from 1982 who prolly owns hard drives contained with incriminating material

vdve22mir0l61.jpg

ca6dixwczzk61.png

I think Manchin is indifferent to the plight of Democratic constituents and the jam the party is in, and be rather them running the show because he still thinks they are better for the country that the GOP

And I think he was really wished the Dems had a big night in November, get like 56 Senators, to pass their agenda. And he can be in the corner taking credit for the things he likes and complaining about the things he doesn't.

Joe Manchin is cool with the Dems succeeding, he doesn't want to be the guy that cast the last vote to help them through

Now given the urgency of the situation, he is still a major *******.

Last edited:
Joe Manchin is cool with the Dems succeeding, he doesn't want to be the guy that cast the last vote to help them through

His entire electoral viability depends on not being a reliable Dem. I also think Manchin is a dinosaur who genuinely thinks of the filibuster as a tool for promoting bipartisanship, when it is demonstrably exactly the opposite

Those are good takes on Manchin. I wonder if he’s ultimately flippable though.

I would think he would be able to leverage his unreliability into getting some things he wants accomplished if it came down to it. Negotiations and compromise are a part of politics, even within your own party, so I’m sure there could be something in it for him to get him to play ball.

Back
Top Bottom