***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Man, my brother used to tell me to watch The Shield all the time and I never listened but it appears I've missed out :lol: What streaming service is this on?

His confession was a top 10 all-time TV moment

They gave that man full immunity thinking he was gonna confess to trading drugs for info, and the first thing out the gate he confesses to capital murder of a police officer :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hilarious when Gardocki got arrested after Vic's interview. Also comedy when his boss at ICE told him to go home and change at lunch and how his first single spaced report was due that day at 6 pm. 😆🤣😂😹😆.

The final scene of the shield when Vic pull da Blinky out of the file cabinet after he finished his first report and heard a siren in the distance was comedy 😆🤣😂. Dude thought he was going to be batman with a gun. Write reports by day and kill innocent people that he violated their due process rights word to Delk, at night. AMAZING
ed

Conservative economists go mask off, it doesn’t matter of run away inequality is inefficient. This guy would rather the economy contract as long as wealth and income become even more unequally distributed.

For such a big increase in the capital gains rate to be sustainable and thus effective, American values would have to shift — permanently so. That is exactly the scenario to be avoided.
lol, oh no, maybe the wealthy will have to consider living slightly less opulent life styles. The horror!

"Deadweight Loss" :sick:

And it gets even darker when you juxtapose how Tyler Cowen and the rest of his GMU econ ilk talk about dead weight loses. In every other context, enhanced UI benefits, workplace safety rules, public accommodation and anti discrimination employment laws, environmental regulations, consumer protection laws, mandatory paid sick time, etc. are seen as tyranny and must be ended because some businessman, some where, could not wring out make even more profits at the expense of the health and well-being of the planet and other human beings.

But when it comes to “valorizing” obscene wealth, it doesn’t matter how many scarce resources are diverted from productive enterprises and the comfort and safety of the mass of people. If human needs must go unmet because more and more resources are pulled towards elite rent seeking and opulent consumption habits, that’s good according to rightwing economists.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom