***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Y'all think Joey B and other politicians will speak out against Israel about human rights abuse?
I’m actually curious to see how if any of this changes. In years past, this would have been political suicide and no politician would touch it but the far right crowd that has simmered for the last 4 years is closely intertwined with antisemitism so I’m curious if we might get a gaetz or mtg type to speak up about it. No mainstream politician will say anything but the fringe types might.

giphy.gif

And today's dumbest hot take goes to...

ah, memories...

@Upptempo said:
I'd bet money that if the unemployment rate was half what it is now, this sudden urgency to reopen wouldn't exist. The government doesn't wanna shell out all this money for long bc God forbid they pay low income families $800+ a week. You gotta keep the poor poor as long as you can.

nah, it´s worse.

they know that if they show that government CAN ensure the financial well-being of its citizens they will accept nothing less...already got mfs doing the math in their head ¨hmm is it more expensive to have a job?¨

if $600 a week can get somebody to consider retiring, their work does not pay them enough.

getting people to accept systemic shortcomings as individual failures was a masterstroke of pure evil.

Back
Top Bottom