***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Sidenote...

Everyone should give this a read. And if you buy it, give it to one of your friends to read...
Just finished reading this. One of the best books I’ve read, IMO. Although most of us know this — it’s really unbelievable how insidious white supremacy and racism are in every fabric of the American society. She does a great job of mixing in anecdotes, hard data, and history in painting this picture of how racism affects us all even when the original intent is to harm Black folks. The economic ramifications on the country and white Americans who fashion themselves as being such good businessman/women is striking. Anti black racism is really going to be the demise of this country. Not globalism, China, immigration, or whatever dog whistles the right parrots. It’s as clear as day and Heather McGhee should win all of the awards for this book.

Last edited:
Just finished reading this. One of the best books I’ve read, IMO. Although most of us know this — it’s really unbelievable how insidious white supremacy and racism are in every fabric of the American society. She does a great job of mixing in anecdote, hard data, and history in painting this picture of how racism affects us all even when the original intent is to harm a lack folks. The economic ramifications on the country and white Americans who fashion themselves as being such good businessman/women is striking. Anti black racism is really going to be the demise of this country. Not globalism, China, immigration, or whatever dog whistles the right parrots. It’s as clear as day and Heather McGhee should win all of the awards for this book.
Famb I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I agree with everything you posted. McGhee deserves a Pultizer, National Book Award, a BET Hip-Hop Award for Best Rap Performance, everything.

I have gifted like 10 people copies of this book, I think it really is one of the best examinations of how insidious, destructive, and counterproductive white supremacy is to this country and white people too. Everyone should read it

I heard Michelle Obama and Spotify are producing a podcast on the book. Excited for that joint, hopefully, it can help the book reach more people.

Last edited:
Famb I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I agree with everything you posted. McGhee deserves a Pultizer, National Book Award, a BET Hip-Hop Award for Best Rap Performance, everything.

I have gifted like 10 people copies of this book, I think it really is one of the best examinations of how insidious, destructive, and counterproductive white supremacy is to this country and white people too. Everyone should read it

I heard Michelle Obama and Spotify are producing a podcast on the book. Excited for that joint, hopefully, it can help the book reach more people.
EVERYONE should read this book. It paints such a clear picture and even for hyper capitalists, racists, poor whites, middle class whites — literally anyone, I think that it can be eye opening. Literally couldn’t put it down once I started reading it. I hope she gets compensated accordingly too because Robin DiAngelo is out here collecting checks for whitesplaining racism to other white folks.

1623528018412.gif

Serious question, may someone explain?

"The thin red line flag was developed to show support and solidarity with fire service personnel and to honor injured or fallen firefighters."

That flag has been co-opted by the racist clowns too.

Didn't know there was so many "thin ____ line flags"

• Firefighters: Thin Red Line
  • Emergency medical services: Thin White Line. The thin white line differs from other thin lines in that the background is blue instead of black, with a white line crossing horizontally through the middle. EMS still uses the “Thin Orange Line” which primarily used by Search and Rescue.
  • Police Officers: Thin Blue Line
  • Dispatch (previously overlooked, as they so often are): Thin Gold Line
  • Search and Rescue Personnel and EMS : Thin Orange Line
  • Corrections officers : Thin Silver Line
  • Security Officers, Retail Loss Prevention: Thin Yellow Line
  • Federal Agents, especially Border Patrol Agents, and Park Rangers: Thin Green Line
  • United States Navy: Thin NWU Line
  • United States Army: Thin ACU Line
  • Air Force: Thin Tiger Stripe Line
  • S.W.A.T. (Special Weapons And Tactics): Thin Blue Line with Lightning Bolt

Last edited:
unless it’s the olympics or some national team event of that nature

I assume a hell of a lot when I see someone wearing just a regular American flag.. or flying it

sooooo when I see one of them other variation best believe I’m assuming some shh

My uncle has been a firefighter as long as I've been alive and I've never seen him with that flag.

Used to have family events at the Firemen's hall (Black Firefighters Association) and I never once saw that flag.

"The thin red line flag was developed to show support and solidarity with fire service personnel and to honor injured or fallen firefighters."

• Emergency medical services: Thin White Line. The thin white line differs from other thin lines in that the background is blue instead of black, with a white line crossing horizontally through the middle. EMS still uses the “Thin Orange Line” which primarily used by Search and Rescue.
  • Federal Agents, especially Border Patrol Agents, and Park Rangers: Thin Green Line
Seen someone in my complex with it and had no idea what it was about but assumed dude was a scumbag anyway

Yeah I was riding my my bike earlier and I saw that flag flying next to another house w/ a BLM sign in the front lawn. I didn't really start seeing those around along w/ the ones with the blue stripe down the middle until the BLM protest last year.

Back
Top Bottom