***Official Political Discussion Thread***

While Breyer, Sinema, and Manchin are different degrees of apex buffoons, it is wild to me how there is not a massive panic among the older members Democratic Party that claim they want to protect institutions and checks and balances. Like WFT was Feinstein even thinking.

A liberal centrist like Clayburn gets it, so does Angus King. Voter suppression is not the only way the GOP is rigging the system. It is worse than that.

The GOP has also passed laws to take over local election boards, and because of threats of violence and harassment normie commissioners are retiring and MAGAs are eyeing filling spots. The GOP is setting up a completely legal avenue to steal elections.

They don't respect ballot measures and actively use packed state courts to nullify them

Furthermore, we are on the brink of Judicial dominance. Even if the Dems were to get to 60 votes to pass something, judges that got appointed with 50 votes (by Presidents that don't win the popular vote, and a Senate that is highly unrepresentative) can nullify the law.

If Mitch McConnell doesn't let Biden get a vote on his pick of a Scotus pick, it would be no different in practice than court-packing

All this bipartisanship talk is doing is emboldening Mitch McConnell. He thinks he will never have to pay for his ****ery so might as well do more.

Yup

419A0EA2-6F80-4807-821D-2F806044408B.png
E4FEDF13-8CA9-43F7-80C1-4F479E41EDD1.png

1F61BF02-5964-4611-8E58-6D798ACC7EEE.png

I have read this before. This is why I've been agreeing with people who are telling folks to be ready. Since this was written, the GOP has been able to move without the need to resort to extreme measures, thanks to their base dominating the socioeconomic and cultural environment.

With a population that is less reflective of the traditional Republican base and less receptive to the ideas that the GOP believes are right for American society, and with the efforts that Republican king makers have gone through to reform any and all internal voices suggesting reforms of the party platform, it was only a matter of time before they turned to the methods highlighted in the last paragraph. In fact, the last 9 months have shown us compliance through force is the direction the GOP is going, and I'm very curious about what Democrats plan to do when the GOP refuses to yield to the "bipartisan" efforts.

Shrugging and telling us "we did what we could" is no longer an option for me. They have to pass what they can and kick out those who don't want to play ball.

You know what, **** it, I'll take Matthew McConaughey over that clown

lots of republicans do not like abbott in Texas. Allen West's name has been popping up lately within the die hard trump crowd. It'll be interesting to see what side of the ticket Matthew McConaughey goes for. Wouldn't be surprised if he get's lots of votes from the Californians that have moved here recently.

Back
Top Bottom