***Official Political Discussion Thread***

yeah we're ****ed, at least people can see it and are starting to take matters into their own hands as far as jobs go at least.

I guess that's how it usually goes though when **** gets as out of whack as it is currently. I'm happy labor is standing up and we did that on our own.
It's like I don't want things to burn down completely when I know alot of ppl won't be in a position to protect themselves for whatever the next R wave could hold. But it just feels like we're headed that way anyways

We're in a twisted time man

It's like I don't want things to burn down completely when I know alot of ppl won't be in a position to protect themselves for whatever the next R wave could hold. But it just feels like we're headed that way anyways

We're in a twisted time man

nah, me either but I think it will burn down in segments.

I've seen the damn city burn down first hand. :lol: cops have always been thugs and we always knew it and it took burning a couple cities down to finally even consider change.

covid turned the job market upside down and now people are not ok being treated like garbage anymore.

I don't think the country will just burst into a ball of fire and get better. we are going to have to dissect it and burn it down in pieces. :lol:

give wages a couple more years go come up and I saw we burn down healthcare next. :lol:

Break out the executive orders and pass anything you can to make the country a better place.

When people in your party stand in your way expose the paper trail of why they won’t pass bbb because it will hurt their pockets and expose their corruption.

Show you’re fighting and put anyone that stands in the way on blast. I don’t want civility, far from it. I feel like we’re all just along for the ride while nothing is done while this place goes to hell.

They kicked Liz Cheney out of the Republican Party for criticizing trump, why isn’t manchin kicked out for being a republican?

I just don’t see their game plan and how they expect to win against republicans who will do anything to get their way.
-The courts have final say over Biden's executive orders. Passing anything required Manchin and Sinema

-Therr is nothing to expose regarding Manchin and Sinema. It is known who their donors are, it is known who has their ear. There is not some major secret. Blasting everywhere won't mean much.

-The Dems are fighting, they are just ****ed. The thing is it seems you want a scortch earth strategy because it will make you feel better. But there is no evidence it will have any positive impact

-Liz Chaney is a member of the House minority. Removing her from committees has no impact on the power structure of the House. Kicking Sinema or Manchin out gives Mitch McConnell the Senate. If a Supreme Court justice dies this year. How stupid would it be for the Dems to tell their voters we could have replaced them, but paying back Manchin and Sinema was more important. The better comparison is what the GOP leadership did to McCain after he killed the ACA repeal. Other Trump being Trump, they did not do **** to him

-i just feel you guys just misunderstand the problem facing the country and the Dems. And how the GOP used their leverage. A scorched earth strategy might make some people feel better but it won't accomplish much

Playing nice is the dems “we have to pass things in a bipartisan way with our colleagues across the aisle” and “we can’t divide the country further.”

Playing dirty is sandbagging any dem court or cabinet nominations and basically anything Mitch or McCarthy have done.
The Democrats wanted to change the Senate rules to pass two voting rights bills by a party line vote.

Your characterization is the opposite of what Party leadership wanted to do.

The Dems controll the Senate, if they sandbag nominations they would be sandbagging Biden. Doing exactly what Mitch McConnell wants

Bruh.

I don't want a scorched earth but at this point it's whatever to me if it comes to that.

even some transparency would be nice. like

"hey I know you guys are worried about student loans and I can't cancel them and this is why"

"I know you guys wanted paid sick leave but that's not happening and this is why"

I don't like when he starts talking stock market and acting like everything is fine but it's actually ****. I could respect that.

I'm not an expert on government and I don't feel like most people are. spell out why we aren't getting anything we want done.

The Democrats wanted to change the Senate rules to pass two voting rights bills by a party line vote.

Your characterization is the opposite of what Party leadership wanted to do.

The Dems controll the Senate, if they sandbag nominations they would be sandbagging Biden. Doing exactly what Mitch McConnell wants

Bruh.
You misunderstand what I wrote. Of course the dems aren’t going to sandbag Biden, I was referring to Mitch and the GOP senate sandbagging every Biden cabinet choice so the administration can’t get anything done. And of course let’s not forget what Mitch did to Obama when he had majority control.

And I’m not specifically referring to the voting rights bill that is the talking point right now. I’m taking about the last 2 decades or so of GOP **** housing that we’ve all watched from afar. If I had a dollar for every time Schumer has uttered the phrase “work with our colleagues across the aisle” I’d be ******** Elon musk right now.

I also don’t understand why you think it’s a scorched earth policy. It’s not. The GOP has been doing it for decades and nothings scorched. They just wait it out, with all the antics I mentioned above and a lot more, then ram through their agenda when they have control. That’s all we’re asking for. They’ve shown the dems the tools and how to use them, the dems just refuse to use them on account of “bipartisanship” and “it’s a time for healing, not division” and whatever soft excuses they have.

Only thing that changes this country is another civil war

like the NFL and way too many events throughout history, the money will dictate actual change

the Washington football team name is a perfect example of how this will play out.. and the donors are Nike and other league partners who make the choice for the league and the team

right now, like with global warming, they’re not realizing how bad things are getting and the obvious path this is going down

you can no longer claim what they won’t do after they actually do what they said they would and way too many people said they were only joking or made up some sort of excuse for them

You misunderstand what I wrote. Of course the dems aren’t going to sandbag Biden, I was referring to Mitch and the GOP senate sandbagging every Biden cabinet choice so the administration can’t get anything done. And of course let’s not forget what Mitch did to Obama when he had majority control.

And I’m not specifically referring to the voting rights bill that is the talking point right now. I’m taking about the last 2 decades or so of GOP **** housing that we’ve all watched from afar. If I had a dollar for every time Schumer has uttered the phrase “work with our colleagues across the aisle” I’d be ******** Elon musk right now.

I also don’t understand why you think it’s a scorched earth policy. It’s not. The GOP has been doing it for decades and nothings scorched. They just wait it out, with all the antics I mentioned above and a lot more, then ram through their agenda when they have control. That’s all we’re asking for. They’ve shown the dems the tools and how to use them, the dems just refuse to use them on account of “bipartisanship” and “it’s a time for healing, not division” and whatever soft excuses they have.
I asked you guys what playing tough means.

You a) Mischartized what the Dems have been doing and b) Even if you were talking about something the GOP has been doing while the government was in split control, it can't be applied to the Dems now anyway.

Harry Reid wanted to kill the filibuster, he convinced his caucus to kill it for certain things. Chuck Schumer wants to kill the filibuster. Unless there is another Elon Musk is an Amazon factory worker in Youngstown Ohio, I don't know what you are talking about here.

It is not what the GOP has been doing, that's my point. You guys keep repeating that without providing concrete examples of how the GOP's strategy can be applied by the Democrats. And making up reasons why you think they are not going down a road that doesn't exist.

Last edited:
It is a hard pill to swallow, but the Dems and in turn the country are in a ****ed up situation

There are tactical changes the Dems could make, definitely, but it probably those aren't magic bullets to turn the tide

Fight harder, and be like the GOP, are mainly copes

I don't know, and they need to get extremely lucky, at this point are more honest answers

I don't think people should give up hope, but sometimes you gotta grapple with the hard truth

Last edited:
It is a hard pill to swallow, but the Dems and in turn the country are in a ****ed up situation

There are tactical changes the Dems could make, definitely, but it probably those aren't magic bullets to turn the tide

Fight harder, and be like the GOP, are mainly copes

I don't know, and they need to get extremely lucky, at this point are more honest answers

I don't think people should give up hope, but sometimes you gotta grapple with the hard truth

that's how I see scorched earth happening. it's already basically a minority rule.

minority holding power and trying to cling on to their old dying ways is what actually starts civil wars.

I don't see it coming to that though because corporate politicians. civil war is bad for business.

Back
Top Bottom