***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Here’s the original post
A8D52464-A52B-4FD8-B44D-4BF245BF0CD4.jpeg

They can scramble around on ice at a hockey game while we dump bullets on them to practice with.

That’s how they do it for school supplies I. America.

this is all so grim man.

even that post is crazy, I would think a sane person would have different thoughts about sending their kids to schools where ex military is required.

should parents start looking at schools by their security rating? see which teachers got the best shot?

a lot of schools don't even have new texts books, learning materials etc. but a teacher gonna need a new glock19?

do people know that a lot of teachers can't even buy all the supplies for their own classes?

crowdfunding and support from peers is how a lot of teachers get supplies.

now people are just saying arm the teachers so that they would have the obligation to possibly shoot a child.

I know there's a bunch of teachers on here in school rn, props to yall for putting in the work.

there's a lot things that make their jobs hard to impossible and the safety of them and their students shouldn't even be debated.

My school always had a cop or two in the school at all times. That armed guard isn’t weird to me.

Like it’s totally crazy we feel the need for that but it’s no different to me than my school having cops. Maybe even better because we all know mpls police are corrupt.

You really can’t feel safe anywhere…. That’s the issue these idiot Republicans can’t grasp. It’s not a handgun that you can “have a hero” save you from. These monsters have military grade weapons and they’ll scale up in time.

You would think that terrible events like this would dispel the “good guy with a gun” nonsense - they were in Texas of all places, with a pile of cops outside, and armed guards at the school - and they did nothing. If law enforcement with guns can’t stop a single teenager then more guns isn’t the answer - clearly less guns is the answer and anything else is just asinine.

this is all so grim man.

even that post is crazy, I would think a sane person would have different thoughts about sending their kids to schools where ex military is required.

should parents start looking at schools by their security rating? see which teachers got the best shot?

a lot of schools don't even have new texts books, learning materials etc. but a teacher gonna need a new glock19?

do people know that a lot of teachers can't even buy all the supplies for their own classes?

crowdfunding and support from peers is how a lot of teachers get supplies.

now people are just saying arm the teachers so that they would have the obligation to possibly shoot a child.

I know there's a bunch of teachers on here in school rn, props to yall for putting in the work.

there's a lot things that make their jobs hard to impossible and the safety of them and their students shouldn't even be debated.
My school always had a cop or two in the school at all times. That armed guard isn’t weird to me.

Like it’s totally crazy we feel the need for that but it’s no different to me than my school having cops. Maybe even better because we all know mpls police are corrupt.

HNL HI HNL HI I think a lot of this may be more shocking depending on where you grew up.

Like mplsdunk mplsdunk said, schools had armed police and/or armed school resource officers where I grew up. And metal detectors. So it isn’t really a new thing.

What’s funny is this is evidence the pandemic is behind us. We’re right back to the regularly scheduled killing of the innocent domestically. I am waiting for Republicans to say the issue is the killing isn’t happening abroad.

Isn’t sky news a Fox News clone too?

It doesn’t have the same terrible reputation - but it was a Rupert Murdoch/Fox/Disney thing until a few years ago when it was sold to Comcast - so it’s under the same ownership as NBC.

It used to have critics and under the old ownership it definitely skewed right - but it is thought to now be quite credible, if anything with a slight left bias (like the real world…)

IKR!!! how will they even be able to afford a piece and shooting ranges?
It will be subsidized by federal dollars that will flow right back into the pockets of gun manufacturers and range owners. The GOP will support that kind of government spending.

Breaking News: Two police officers were shot early in the gunman’s rampage at the school in Uvalde, Texas, and most or all of the victims were killed within minutes, an official said.

Bros.. if the cops can’t stop I what they thing an untrained teacher will do. Stupid stupid stupid idiots.

People really have to get over cops. They aren’t there to protect you and their job isn’t dangerous.

They raise money and prey on people who can’t protect themselves.

Sure some do nice things and help but most are useless. Your average citizen will step up to the plate before a cop.

Half the time I can’t even get them to help me with traffic when I’m at work. “This is a county highway, not my job ✌️

People really have to get over cops. They aren’t there to protect you and their job isn’t dangerous.

They raise money and prey on people who can’t protect themselves.

Sure some do nice things and help but most are useless. Your average citizen will step up to the plate before a cop.

Half the time I can’t even get them to help me with traffic when I’m at work. “This is a county highway, not my job ✌️

I haven’t had a positive interaction with a cop in about 20 years. All of them have been negative since I turned 15. When I got rear ended a few years back The cop was an ******* and blamed it on me. You know why, the guy who hit me had first responder plates…..

Now that you’ve mentioned it, remember when they put into law a bill that would help protect Asians less than a week after the shooting in GA?
Circling back to this. The Dems tried again

And, as predicted, the GOP blocked it...

I haven’t had a positive interaction with a cop in about 20 years. All of them have been negative since I turned 15. When I got rear ended a few years back The cop was an ******* and blamed it on me. You know why, the guy who hit me had first responder plates…..

I’ve met a few cool cops but most suck.

One saved my daughters life so shout out to him. He was an older chill dude who didn’t want to beat people up and use force and was very outspoken about it.

SO THEY FIRED HIM.

They force the good ones out.

Back
Top Bottom