***Official Political Discussion Thread***

jbhmmm (1).png

Why months? A team of 5 forensic paralegals could cover 3 years of communications in a few weeks. And a targeted search should get 80% of the “meat” in a few days.

When a bank gets in trouble they sift through years of communication from dozens of people. This is a single device.

I don’t understand why this is taking so long.

Why, why, why would anyone ever do anything for Donald Trump? He never pays people and when it comes to criminal liability, he's like King Hrothgar in that he is untouchable but everyone around him is vulnerable.

Biden and Garland are institutionalists and would never indict a former President; but a high profile shock jock, who participated in a coup attempt, that's fair game.

Glad he isn't hurt. I ride my bike and can't tell you how many close calls I've had. One thing to note is that it looked like his light was red when he got hit. Colorado recently passed legislation allowing cyclists to run stop signs and red lights. When I'm out riding I always follow traffic rules as if I were I'm a car. This is in no way absolving the councilwoman but I don't think laws that allow cyclists to run red lights or stop signs are a good idea.

Glad he isn't hurt. I ride my bike and can't tell you how many close calls I've had. One thing to note is that it looked like his light was red when he got hit. Colorado recently passed legislation allowing cyclists to run stop signs and red lights. When I'm out riding I always follow traffic rules as if I were I'm a car. This is in no way absolving the councilwoman but I don't think laws that allow cyclists to run red lights or stop signs are a good idea.
I agree, this is stupid.

Some studies were argue the "Idaho" stop can actually be safer. But I think it's more nuanced than that.

I treat stops on a bike as if I was a pedestrian. I look and if I can safely cross, I go.. I slow down at stop signs -- if there are cars, I'll tag along next to a car when it goes through.

But that's in cities where roads aren't built like highways. America is car-centric hell in most places so I have little to no sympathy for the cars, even when the biker was at fault. Everything we do (roads, traffic lights, etc) is because of and for cars. We would never have to stop on our bikes if it wasn't for cars.

edit: I agree in this case we shouldn't victimize the driver unnecessarily. But like you said, if you ride a bike, there's many close calls, and most are the fault of the driver. And it's completely unbalanced risk -- the biker messes up, they might die, the driver is ok. The driver messed up, they might kill the biker, but they're still ok. We need a complete overhaul of the system.

Last edited:
whoever is responsible for the bill is one dumb mofo.

I can see a case for not ticketing riders for going thru a red light after a stop but not running lights.

Back
Top Bottom