***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Why do these people think "work from home" means "never leaves home"?
If that was true I wouldn't have spent so much ****ing time in traffic yesterday :smh:
Basically she said you need to be in the office so we can **** our coworkers. That’s insane :lol: I’d rather mess with ppl I don’t have to send Excel files too

They should have asked each person if they voted for DeSantis
Florida farmers can thank Republicans for helping destroy the citrus industry of their state.

The combination of extreme weather and disease impacting citrus fruit is expected to drive down Florida's orange crop to its lowest level since before World War II, shrinking the state's already dwindling supply and promising to send orange juice prices even higher.

In the 2022-2023 season, Florida is expected to produce 20 million boxes of oranges, the Department of Agriculture said Friday. That would be a 51% decline from the prior year, and the smallest amount produced since the 1936-1937 season.

Citrus psyllids reproduce so rapidly that they develop a resistance to insecticides within a year. Spraying to control them while trying to revive trees has driven up farming costs. Growers are spending $663 more per acre than they did the year before the discovery of the bacterium, a 54 percent increase.
A study by researchers at the University of Florida and Virginia Tech shows that climate change will allow the psyllid to spread to states north of Florida as their temperatures rise.

According to the report, the pest thrives in temperatures between 60 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit. That is bad news for growers in Florida, whose temperatures hover in that range year-round. It means the bug is here to stay.

“Much of the Florida citrus groves are already pretty inundated,” said Leah R. Johnson, an assistant professor of statistics at Virginia Tech and co-author of the study. “It’s going to be hard because we didn’t catch it early enough.”

Climate change will make this stuff worse; still, farmers all over the country will continue voting for the very people who pour salt on the Earth and pollute the water their businesses rely on to exist.

On the heels of TX AG Paxton being recommended for impeachment, this is what the TX GOP drops as a statement:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...eal-trump-criminal-justice-reform-if-elected/

DeSantis says he would push to repeal Trump criminal justice reform if elected​

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Friday that if elected president, he would call on Congress to repeal the criminal justice reform bill signed into law by then-President Trump, his latest attack on Trump from the right.

DeSantis, appearing on “The Ben Shapiro Show,” criticized the First Step Act, a bipartisan bill passed in 2018 that reduced mandatory minimum sentences, expanded credits for well-behaved prisoners looking for shorter sentences and aimed to reduce recidivism.

The Florida governor, who officially entered the 2024 White House race on Wednesday, called the legislation “basically a jailbreak bill.”

“So one of the things I would want to do as president is go to Congress and seek the repeal of the First Step Act,” he said. “If you are in jail, you should serve your time. And the idea that they’re releasing people who have not been rehabilitated early, so that they can prey on people in our society is a huge, huge mistake.”

Imagine believing serving time in a us prison rehabs people.

Whether you’re for releasing people or not there’s absolutely no truth to that. Just say you want people locked up to make money and tell the truth.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...eal-trump-criminal-justice-reform-if-elected/

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Friday that if elected president, he would call on Congress to repeal the criminal justice reform bill signed into law by then-President Trump, his latest attack on Trump from the right.

DeSantis, appearing on “The Ben Shapiro Show,” criticized the First Step Act, a bipartisan bill passed in 2018 that reduced mandatory minimum sentences, expanded credits for well-behaved prisoners looking for shorter sentences and aimed to reduce recidivism.

The Florida governor, who officially entered the 2024 White House race on Wednesday, called the legislation “basically a jailbreak bill.”

“So one of the things I would want to do as president is go to Congress and seek the repeal of the First Step Act,” he said. “If you are in jail, you should serve your time. And the idea that they’re releasing people who have not been rehabilitated early, so that they can prey on people in our society is a huge, huge mistake.”
LOL
Ron: I don't want the Delk vote. Only aepps20 aepps20 's will do.

DeSantis also said, “although I grew up in Tampa, I have Tennessee values. “ He add “just think of the leverage.”

A miracle occurred among Florida small business tyrants, “illegal aliens” turned into “people, workers” overnight!

I obviously hate the deal because of the compromises, but I was expecting worst.

But I am not all that mad at Biden, all things considered. Besides the low life hostages takers on the right, the people on the Dem side I am pissed off at are...

Manchin, Sinema, and other centrist in the House and Senate that refused to include larger debt limit increases in 2021.

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer that didn't push to cut a deal with Trump to increase and eliminate the debt ceiling.

I am already reading takes about how Biden willingly sold out and screwed over poor people. The usual pissed off leftist talk.

But the clowns on the Democratic side get to skate by without anyone noticing how they dropped the ball over, and over, and over, and screwed over Biden and their based.

Morons

Back
Top Bottom