***Official Political Discussion Thread***

leo.png

I looked up the website for the People's Party, the part West is running under

They have a bunch of great progressive stuff on their website but...

And get this, there have partnered with the Libertarian Party :smh::lol:

This is the banner on their website...
RAWM_Cheering_Crowd_.webp

Disband NATO :lol:

Putin probably already hired some more trolls to help with their campaign
Some more...

This from the People's Party...
Fx3_aggWYAAMzTf

And apparently West wrote an op-ed in the WSJ supporting DeSantis' nonsense in Florida...

oxi-clean-but-wait-theres-more.gif

Cornell outchea scamming too...

Some folk just hate Democrats more than they hate fascists. Add a profit motive to that, and the buffoonery starts to skyrocket.

Some more...

Fx3_aggWYAAMzTf

And apparently West wrote an op-ed in the WSJ supporting DeSantis' nonsense in Florida...

Some folk just hate Democrats more than they hate fascists. Add a profit motive to that, and the buffoonery starts to skyrocket.

IMG_1508.jpeg

When phony Kane and da wig get exposed is what this reminds me of. West loves to be "right" more than his own people

Some more...

Fx3_aggWYAAMzTf

And here I was, thinking the man was just delusional.

Looking around on Twitter and talking with people in various leftist orgs has just further confirmed that this 2024 election cycle is serving the necessary function of separating out the deeply unserious leftists or self proclaimed leftists from those of us who are serious and who do actual work.

I said it a few weeks ago about Marianne Williamson and RFK's quixotic presidential bids and I'll double down after seeing Cornwell West's third party bid and I'll throw in Jimmy Dore's and BJG's on going obsession with FTV, you can't tell people that the system is irredeemably evil and is designed to push massive downward distribution of pain and a massive upward distribution of tributary/rent seeking income upward and then turn around and tell people that some half baked electoral or parliamentary maneuver with have a massive impact and improve the masses' material conditions.

IF there is a case to be made for electoralism beyond harm reduction, it would involve massive grassroots organizing in the form of a combination of cadres, labor organizing, civil rights direct action, political education, strike funds/mutual aid, local electoral victories, and it would culminate a disciplined and overwhelming attack and capture of a major party's nominating process (logically, it would be the Democratic Party although it would be beyond funny if the left could seize the machinery of the GOP and use it as vehicle for left politics).

These people whom I am criticizing would probably retort that they are pushing the Overton window or they are trying to start a conversation. My response would be that there probably was a time for that back in the 2000’s and 2010’s. But honestly the battle for public opinion has been, for the most part, won. The broader left’s position are popular, this isn’t 2004. Conservatism and centrism are deeply unpopular. The work now is about bridging that gap from popularity to policy. We may disagree about how exactly that is to be done but wasting resources on vanity campaigns in 23-24 ain’t it.

I never really understand why people run for president with literally 0% chance of winning. I would honestly like to know, is it financially beneficial?

But i honestly would like to see Cornel West on a debate stage or do a town hall. He is a good speaker, and by good I mean entertaining and energetic. Not going to pretend to know his platform or ideas for being president

Cabinet positions and/or support in your home state if the your party's candidate wins.

Will never forget returning to school the next day after Obama won :smh: :lol:

Crying in the hallways and people going home early because they couldn't handle that their next President was Black

I skipped classes and went down to DC to be with my ex the day after Trump won. Beyond the obvious domestic and global problems one could have envisioned at the time, personally, Trump winning literally ****ed our whole script up |l

Literally ANYBODY who is black & doesn't give their undying support to the Democratic party is immediately attacked.... that doesn't get old :lol: :lol:

This the same generation that put Obama pictures up next to Malcolm & Martin tho, so its understandable :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom