***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1707845121558.png

1707845272202.png

It horrifying but funny to watch everyone just repeat all the mistakes of 2016.

leftist grifters grifting,
populist comedians both sidesing.
media fixating on Bidens "senility" while ignoring Trump's.

we are headed towards a Trump victory.
Im just waiting for Marc Lamont Hill to endorse Jill Stein again.
This really is disgusting to see.

I don't know how someone can call themselves a progressive/liberal/democrat/anti-fascist/ pro-civil rights/ etc, see what happened in 2016, live through the Trump Administration, and see the Supreme Court potentially lost forever, hear the warning from the Democratic Party, and read that Trump plans worse for his 2nd term, and still **** around like this.

It is like a special type of narcissism. I think a lot of people want to see the Democratic Party take a loss for personal reasons.

They know can't say that openly say that, and be taken seriously.

So they twist themselves into knots trying to downplay the threat of Trump

Last edited:
People seem to forget they’re more so voting for an administration than a person. Biden isn’t above criticism and never should be, but I trust every person in his administration from Kamala down to the interns more than the nut jobs Trump would have up there.

It’s wild because Trump isn’t some big unknown, everybody already knows what he’s gonna do and he’ll be even more unhinged this time. The mental gymnastics people are putting themselves through to downplay how much of a threat he is to democracy is wild.

blueMAGA tactic:

If you don’t support us fully. You’re a Russian asset, Chinese spy, right wing nut, Trump lover.

Zero in between.

This election cycle proves political party are cults. I laughed at the right in 2016 and 2020 and now it’s the BlueMAGA turn to take the reins.

Incredible to witness

Edit: wow

Last edited:
blueMAGA tactic:

If you don’t support us fully. You’re a Russian asset, Chinese spy, right wing nut, Trump lover.

Zero in between.

This election cycle proves political party are cults. I laughed at the right in 2016 and 2020 and now it’s the BlueMAGA turn to take the reins.

Incredible to witness
Your *** just discovered political commentary 4 months ago

And repeated whatever nonsense Hamas and the Houthis put out there

As I said, you are sitting on a high horse, at the bottom of a rabbit hole

I've never been less conflicted on who to vote for in an election than this one.

I'll vote for Biden's dead carcass before letting MAGA trash win. Voting 3rd party isn't going to do a damn thing. How many times did Ralph Nader run and nothing changed? You want the Dems to go more to the left, you primary them out with more left leaning candidates. Nobody is going to look at somebody who gets 0.25 percent of the vote and think "oh no, we need to change our ways!"

Last edited:
Wait, BlueMAGA is actually a “thing”?

I’m struggling to decide which is worse: making up such a dumb insult or seeing it and thinking it was worth adopting.

I haven’t felt this way since hearing white peoples talk about chicken “fajitas”.

The perseverance of both-sidism post the civil judgements, criminal findings, violent attempt to, at the very least, delay the peaceful transition of power, the elimination of abortion rights, the thousands of preventable of excess COVID casualties, and just the absolute chaos is just staggering to me.

At a certain point, you’d think that asking an American to draw equivalences when the distinction is so stark would just serve to undermine these so-called “centrists”, but there I guess the bizarre appeal of positioning yourself “above it” supersedes the value in showing even a modicum of judgment.

Not sure why folks are conflicted, the memory of Trump should be fresh since it was recent. As long as it's Trump on the ballot I'd even vote for Biden's AI.
I was moreso saying voting at all, I’m in California most likely the dem vote will win. Just tired of all the nasty political bs Tbh

I was moreso saying voting at all, I’m in California most likely the dem vote will win. Just tired of all the nasty political bs Tbh
At the end of the day, not voting can only have a negative impact. Whatever anyone's beliefs are, there is no such thing as 'both sides are the same' in any circumstance.
Some people may think that, but if they were to actually look at the policies, views, track record, ... there would always be a preference to some extent.
So logically speaking, a person should vote for whoever is most in line with their views. Or whoever they hate the least if that's how they look at it.

You're in a state where the Democrats are practically guaranteed to win either way, so if that's the side you whose policies are views are most in line there isn't gonna be any real impact from not voting.

I think it's natural for people to experience voter fatigue, especially in states where the outcome is guaranteed or a country where there are only 2 options. However a lot of people (not you, just saying in general) tend to view not voting, or voting third party, in a very delusional way.
I think my country is actually a perfect example, because we have mandatory voting duty. Yet despite our mandatory voting system, a lot of people choose to just vote blank by not selecting anything on the ballot.
The result of voting blank in our system is that all blank votes are counted as votes for the top candidate/party who won the most actual votes.
In spite of blank votes being counted as votes for whoever comes out on top, the delusion persists that those who vote blank are doing anything of substance.

The arguments over here from blank voters tend to be pretty much identical to the arguments US abstainers or third party voters make. Some genuinely don't care, but that's a privileged position from someone who doesn't really care about whatever impact the ruling party/coalition has. Others make some version of the 'both sides are the same' argument, except we have a lot more sides to choose and a parliamentary system so the argument is even more delusional.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, not voting can only have a negative impact. Whatever anyone's beliefs are, there is no such thing as 'both sides are the same' in any circumstance.
Some people may think that, but if they were to actually look at the policies, views, track record, ... there would always be a preference to some extent.
So logically speaking, a person should vote for whoever is most in line with their views. Or whoever they hate the least if that's how they look at it.

You're in a state where the Democrats are practically guaranteed to win either way, so if that's the side you whose policies are views are most in line there isn't gonna be any real impact from not voting.

I think it's natural for people to experience voter fatigue, especially in states where the outcome is guaranteed or a country where there are only 2 options. However a lot of people (not you, just saying in general) tend to view not voting, or voting third party, in a very delusional way.
I think my country is actually a perfect example, because we have mandatory voting duty. Yet despite our mandatory voting system, a lot of people choose to just vote blank by not selecting anything on the ballot.
The result of voting blank in our system is that all blank votes are counted as votes for the top candidate/party who won the most actual votes.
In spite of blank votes being counted as votes for whoever comes out on top, the delusion persists that those who vote blank are doing anything of substance.

The arguments over here from blank voters tend to be pretty much identical to the arguments US abstainers or third party voters make. Some genuinely don't care, but that's a privileged position from someone who doesn't really care about whatever impact the ruling party/coalition has. Others make some version of the 'both sides are the same' argument, except we have a lot more sides to choose and a parliamentary system so the argument is even more delusional.
Quoted for da trooofffff

Back
Top Bottom