***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Except for the highest level, manufacturing is going to be automated whether you like it or not, sooner than later.

Its going to go the way of agriculture and farming, where you need less manpower to keep it going.

Last edited:
Except for the highest level, manufacturing is going to be automated whether you like it or not, sooner than later.

Its going to go the way of agriculture and farming, where you need less manpower to keep it going.

Manufacturing is almost 80% there right now. There are companies that exists whose entire business revolves around retrofitting older manufacturing equipment with autonomous or semiautonomous technology.

Yup. I think the service industry will eventually go that way too.

It's just a matter of time before drivers will be phased out.

I imagine many restaurants will move towards fewer service workers. Probably not high end places, but stuff at the level of Applebee's where you're not paying for service will have tablets where you can order your food and stuff like that. Which is already happening, except I think some places will completely phase out waiters/waitresses/hostesses, or get to the point where 1 or 2 people can wait on a whole restaurant. There will still be jobs of course, but the nature of the jobs will change.

I agree, it's inevitable so fighting it is foolish. There are people who are fighting to keep something alive instead of looking for the next way to provide a living/make money. Solar will be bigger than it is now in the coming years. But if you want to stay in your current industry, learn more skills w/ that. Learn how automation will take the jobs and what robots could possibly be used so that you could be the one monitoring that robot or something.

It's really not hard to figure out u either adapt or get left behind.

but its not gonna vanish da way some of ya are saying, you still need people to operate da facilities, and just seeing da 60 mins piece shows large populations of folks can be put to work in manufacturing at a high wage.

i don't think we should leave people behind. but i think politicians pandering on an agenda of bringing back manufacturing jobs is a vicious lie that will ultimately hurt those who buy into it.

but its not gonna vanish da way some of ya are saying, you still need people to operate da facilities, and just seeing da 60 mins piece shows large populations of folks can be put to work in manufacturing at a high wage.

Any chance you have a link to that 60 min piece. I went to school for mechanical engineering, and all of my experience come from process design/development In manufacturing. Very interested in that piece.

Are you saying that if people can't find work to survive they should find something else?

Lol come on Rico you know that's not what he's saying.

Manufacturing is an industry that has evolved. If that's an industry they would like to stay in they have to maintain a relevant skill set.

Hitler got Man of the Year in 1938. Not necessarily a positive label.

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,760539,00.html
So have Stalin,Nixon,Ayatollah Khaminei and Putin.
Cy-raGHWEAAxwDG.jpg

I agree we shouldn't dismiss the economic problems of these people but I believe the fact still remains that most people underestimate how much work and effort it will take to pull them out of economic despair. If we half *** it, even if we have their best interest at heart, market forces could still lead to these people being ******.

America, especially the white American man, doesn't only have to accept the 1950s is coming back, but also has to accept the federal governments assistance. To match them to jobs all over the country, to move, to get retrained, high prices for consumer goods, and for government regulations to protect their interest. They have to accept a job programs and furthermore, they have to accept people of color will be helped by it too.

Progressive should not embrace the heartless message of the right. However, at this point, I can see why liberals would want to vent at they actions of people in Appalachia. They still worship economic policy that keep them in despair, they still mix their white supremacy with their economic interest, and with Trump, they doubled down.

You're right and that is the problem with Trump supporters. They want their town's economy improved but they don't care about anyone else. they want jobs programs in their County and stop and frisk in "the inner cities."

They want their own state backed economic security and they want to be able to lecture younger people, people of color and urban dwellers about the virtues of self reliance and the free market. Until they understand that the path to prosperity involves a multi ethnic coalition, they and workers of color will be held back.

I hope we can get enough Trump voters to change their mind but I fear that we may have to simply wait for enough of them to die off (although Paul Ryan's budget may accelerate that process).

I truly wish "white people" would know their own history in this country. This has been the case since this country began...why poor whites (not all) think putting themselves ahead of minorities +racism+ who they have the most in common with, is their route to their continued prosperity complacency, is the answer instead of working with fellow minorities to gain prosperity from these mega-companies/horrible politicians is literally ******ed.

Any chance you have a link to that 60 min piece. I went to school for mechanical engineering, and all of my experience come from process design/development In manufacturing. Very interested in that piece.

its a couple psges back.

here's a local update.

its a couple psges back.

here's a local update.

See here's the thing Ninja
Higgins is a one of the kind CEO that is interested in actually creating more American jobs and went out of the norm to do such
A lot of American CEOs, like the one from Carrier, only see the bottom line and don't do such investments that Joe Max Higgins does
I think it would be better that we stop giving tax breaks to guys like Carrier and to more start up entrepreneurs like Higgins who have an interest in their state's economy.

Trump's administration bout employ all these tactics, so da United States can act like da Golden Triangle on a global scale.

Yea man, just adapt. As a first generation American in a family of immigrants, we adapted. No reason why people who been here for generations can't adapt either.

Let me tell you how we started out. As a kid, we needed to crash at a friend's for the first couple of years. When we couldn't do it anymore, my dad found an apartment building where the owner let us stay rent free where we lived in the basement (you can't really out basements in ny) for years. In return, my dad did odd jobs for th owner. My mom worked 2-3 jobs so my dad can go to school.

By the time I was ten, my parents combined for a 250k salary combined and were able to move to the suburbs in long Island.

My life experience makes it hard to believe ppl can't make it from the bottom and adapt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom