***Official Political Discussion Thread***

@keithboykin
Sen. Al Franken discovers Trump Education Secretary nominee Betsy DeVos doesn't know the difference between proficiency and growth.

I too was unaware of the difference between proficiency and growth, but I'm no one oppointed me to run the dept. of education. :lol:

She might be just be Trump's least qualified puck and that's saying something :lol:

Sounds like she's bombing this confirmation hearing so far

Last edited:
First of all, I do not think that President Obama was lazy. He had too much faith in others and institutions.
Yes you are, yes you are asking him to be magical.

In one breath (you can check you some of your previous post) you admit the political landscape is completely different than when LBJ and Reagan were cooking. In another breath you concede that he face a level of white supremacy unseen by any other president. Then your response to this is for him to simply try harder. Also to tacitly concede that it that his efforts could not have worked.

So he should have simply used tactics of days gone by, to counter a phenomenon that no other president has ever faced. Sorry, sound nice on paper, but that is about it.

-And once again, why is it that the go to strategy of people that complain about being weak is to suggest Obama to to sink to the same level and Republicans. Like the hell the GOP unleashes minorities is so tolerable that giving a dose to poor white, is cool. That shutting down the government for something you will most likely have to compromise on when your party turns on you, is cool.

And in this world you want me to believe should have happened, Obama doesn't pay a political cost for these actions. At the white anger that was brewing doesn't spill over.

Look, I want want white people to have fear and not joy when their representatives start going on about "cutting spending." Poor white people, middle class white people, rich white people get to live the fiction that they are industrious, thrifty and sober farmers and shop keeps whose taxes go entirely to undeserving minorities.

You know that "cutting spending" has become a dog whistle. I just wish that Barack Obama would make austerity mean austerity for everyone and not just "those people."

-I agree, That is Obama's gift and his ultimate curse. It helped him get elected but it made him blind to the worst in conservative whites, moderates whites, Republicans and Blue Dog/moderate/convenient for reelection Democrats. What is even more infuriating even after these groups burned him, he still had faith in them.

Also, the energetic ruthless "candidate Obama" should have came around more. President Obama was so cautious and too trusting.

-Also, I defend Obama a lot because I feel that both not he right and left, there is not fully honest conversation about what Obama had to face. And trust me, there are tonsssssssss of things I hate about what he did, and he should have been more willing to throw his tormentors under the bus.

--------------What you're doing is akin to Don Lemon suggesting the President apologize for slavery. (albeit wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less ridiculous). While a good idea on paper, the optics and blow back from it would be massive.

That Obama, a black man, must go out there are try to discipline the white middle and lower class like that is a big request. People Russ Feingold, Sherrod Brown, and Bernie Sanders would not have back this play for a damb second. They probably would have turned on Obama for attacking working class people like that.

Yes "cutting spending" a dog whistle, yes way to few people have no idea how much their lives are subsidized by the government, and yes we would be a better country if we all acknowledged that. But hell, no politician in existence will even say this to the American public. Obama's call for empathy are pretty much the closest we get nowadays. So I'm not gonna hold it against him that he didn't try a tactic that all others would consider political suicide.

Last edited:
She might be just be Trump's least qualified puck and that's saying something :lol:

Sounds like she's bombing this confirmation hearing so far
Saw the full hearing, the republicans didn't seem to have any major concerns. One republican, sen. Young if I recall correctly, was practically drooling over her. He asked simple yes/no questions and then kept saying wow, amazing, ,..when she responded

Last edited:
Saw the full hearing, the republicans didn't seem to have any major concerns. One republican, sen. Young if I recall correctly, was practically drooling over her. He asked simple yes/no questions and then kept saying wow, amazing, ,..when she responded

"Party over country"

Words to live by for a lot of folks

how you gonna slander my man Benjamin Carson 2020 like that?

He's worked his whole life to be the most unqualified person in the room with respect to everything that's not neurosurgery. Give him credit where credit is due. :smh:

-I agree, That is Obama's gift and his ultimate curse. It helped him get elected but it made him blind to the worst in conservative whites, moderates whites, Republicans and Blue Dog/moderate/convenient for reelection Democrats. What is even more infuriating even after these groups burned him, he still had faith in them.

Also, the energetic ruthless "candidate Obama" should have came around more. President Obama was so cautious and too trusting.

-Also, I defend Obama a lot because I feel that both not he right and left, there is not fully honest conversation about what Obama had to face. And trust me, there are tonsssssssss of things I hate about what he did, and he should have been more willing to throw his tormentors under the bus.

--------------What you're doing is akin to Don Lemon suggesting the President apologize for slavery. (albeit wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less ridiculous). While a good idea on paper, the optics and blow back from it would be massive.

That Obama, a black man, must go out there are try to discipline the white middle and lower class like that is a big request. People Russ Feingold, Sherrod Brown, and Bernie Sanders would not have back this play for a damb second. They probably would have turned on Obama for attacking working class people like that.

Yes "cutting spending" a dog whistle, yes way to few people have no idea how much their lives are subsidized by the government, and yes we would be a better country if we all acknowledged that. But hell, no politician in existence will even say this to the American public. Obama's call for empathy are pretty much the closest we get nowadays. So I'm not gonna hold it against him that he didn't try a tactic that all others would consider political suicide.

It does go to show that white privilege and white supremacy reaches all the way up to the White House. The first black president had to be more inclusive and forgiving than a white progressive in the same position would be expected to be.

Don't get me wrong, Barack Obama had to be a black president in a Country built on white supremacy and that white supremacy, upon his election, got galvanized and organized and went by the politically correct name "the tea party."

Perhaps Barack Obama was not the one to make austerity synonymous with white ruin. It may be the case that Paul Ryan and his gang will engage in over reach and they will be the ones who finally cause white people to associate "cutting spending" with a diminished standard of living.

I'm giddy.

who would've guessed this could be the man to save the Democratic party:

170112230349-paul-ryan-town-hall-dab-large-169.jpg

Last edited:
upon his election, got galvanized and organized and went by the politically correct name "the tea party."

ehh..tea party was 2010...

you're saying they weren't around in November 2008 so that means Rex's statement is wrong?

from Wikipedia:

The movement began following Barack Obama's first presidential inauguration (in January 2009) when his administration announced plans to give financial aid to bankrupt homeowners.

Last edited:

It does go to show that white privilege and white supremacy reaches all the way up to the White House. The first black president had to be more inclusive and forgiving than a white progressive in the same position would be expected to be.

Don't get me wrong, Barack Obama had to be a black president in a Country built on white supremacy and that white supremacy, upon his election, got galvanized and organized and went by the politically correct name "the tea party."

Perhaps Barack Obama was not the one to make austerity synonymous with white ruin. It may be the case that Paul Ryan and his gang will engage in over reach and they will be the ones who finally cause white people to associate "cutting spending" with a diminished standard of living.

The only thing holding me back from hoping Paul Ryan teaches the conservative right a hard lesson in austerity is the knowledge that he is going to destroy the lives of so many minorities, poor people, progressive young kids, and well meaning older people.

upon his election, got galvanized and organized and went by the politically correct name "the tea party."

No it was not, what would be formally named the Tea Party started holding protest in DC (and across the country) months after Obama became President, in early 2009.

Last edited:
What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of ******' ********. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ******' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

you're saying they weren't around in November 2008 so that means Rex's statement is wrong?

from Wikipedia:

The movement began following Barack Obama's first presidential inauguration (in January 2009) when his administration announced plans to give financial aid to bankrupt homeowners.

it wasn't a "movement"...so I wouldn't classify it as part of da Tea party canon.

to make a rap analogy, its like GZA's first album being his first solo project (words for da Genius for da unitiated) but it predated da Wu-tang ethos, so therefore it isn't considered part of da wu-tang canon.

Last edited:

from Wikipedia:

it wasn't a "movement"...so I wouldn't classify it as part of da Tea party canon.

to make a rap analogy, its like GZA's first album being his first solo project (words for da Genius for da unitiated) but it predated da Wu-tang ethos, so therefore it isn't considered part of da wu-tang canon.

Ninja, just admit you got corrected, no harm in that. The term "Tea Party" was around from the jump. You can Google this info easily.

And again will a silly analogy, geez man :smh: :lol:

Last edited:

from Wikipedia:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

don't ever let anyone tell you that you haven't earned your reputation on here.

well done, sir. well done.

from Wikipedia:

Ninja, just admit you got corrected, no harm in that. The term "Tea Party" was around from the jump. You can Google this info easily.

And again will a silly analogy, geez man :smh: :lol:

da tea party name got coined here...

here's sean Hannity doing a 5 year anniversary for it

Ninja, my god, do you even realize that the first video was posted in February of 2009

The second video was uploaded in 2014, 5 subtracted from 2014 is 2009.

Congrats, you just posted two videos that proves yourself wrong. Click your own links my dude, it is getting embarrassing

Geez :smh: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Ninja, my god, do you even realize that the first video was posted in February of 2009

Congrats, you just posted a video that proves yourself wrong. Click your own links my dude, it is getting embarrassing :smh: :lol: :lol:

it got coined there, but da resistance that Rex was alluding to which was effective organized Political opposition started closer to 2010.. remember, homeboy there was on a random spiel there...

Last edited:
Not it did not, there were Ta Party protest all over the national during 2009. There were plenty in DC that year too, I would know, I lived in the area.

This info is readily available online too.

Just let it go. You're wrong, it's ok.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom