***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Misread you original statement, my bad.

But as economist, I would have to disagree.

He can heat it up in the short run, but he will make it structurally weaker.

How so?

I don't think the supply side economics are the way to go, but there are other components that i think we are missing in comparison to what Regan tried to pull in the 80s.

I don't think Trump is going all the way supply side, but some of his moves could work really well, or work really badly.

In other words, Trumpo's plan has a high beta :lol:

Ricky, come on :smh:

Famb, I try to look at this as objectively as possible when it comes to the greenbacks. I think Trumpo is a doosh beyond all measures, but son is making moves that I can understand.

Apparently another person just punched Richard Spencer :rofl:

Philly :pimp:

This bish said there should be a genocide :x :x

These the people that voted Trunp in along with you NH...that gotta sting b...that woman would take a **** on your corpse if she could.

my issue with trump's "economic" "policy" is that he's taking austerity measures while the economy is doing well. I'm not an economist but this baffles me.

he wants to cut government jobs that are long-term and fairly efficient uses of money, but then he touts his government-funded infrastructure jobs and jobs to build the wall, which are all short-term and not as beneficial.

and seriously, those of you criticizing government jobs first need to educate yourselves as to all the different things that government-funded employees do. and the most wasteful parts are probably military-related, but trump isn't putting a freeze on those.

shame shame shame

Last edited:
I'm not a conservative Republican by any means, but a lot of the rhetoric I hear in here is part of Donald Trump's ascension.

Cats have to step out of their
I can see that those can work to his advantage for the short term,but having austerity measures never work out on the long run

But most of the other countries have similar VAT and tariffs as to what Trump is professing. And while the country is changing, white males are STILL the bread and butter for a lot of these major companies. Appealing to them is a big win if you're looking at it on a bottom line basis.

I think many people who oppose Trump do the same things that people do when they oppose Obama:

Albeit for different reasons (people dislike Trumpo b/c he does ****** things while Obama haters were mostly people that an issue with a black male authoritative figure)

People look for all the ways for Trump TO fail just like the opposite looked for ways for Obama TO fail.

I can almost call it from 30 that we're going to go into a recession (as we always do) and it will get blamed on Obama for those that don't like Obama, and will get blamed on Trump for those that like Trump.

And the exact oppositve will happen when the economy recovers from that slump

:smh: Ummm what?

-The macroeconomics practices of Democrats and Conservatives are different.

The way they stimulate the economy is different and the multipliers attached to them are different.

One side practices austerity, the other wants to expand the social safety net.

There are fundamental differences, that people disagree one. And history and research are weight on one side.

-We are not going to go into a recession because one of the main reason we used to go into recession is no longer an issue, so the next major thing would be a bubbling bursting. So we are on track for long slower growth

-Trump wants to use every thing available to him to heat up the economy as quickly as possible. So when the next recession comes, our gun will be empty on the fiscal side, and the FED will have to bail us out (if they can)

So please, with all due respect, it is not some "both sides are the same" type ****

Trump's economic moves are dangerous, and economically irresponsible. And will be felt the worst when a recession actually does come.

Last edited:
my issue with trump's "economic" "policy" is that he's taking austerity measures while the economy is doing well. I'm not an economist but this baffles me.

he wants to cut government jobs that are long-term and fairly efficient uses of money, but then he touts his government-funded infrastructure jobs and jobs to build the wall, which are all short-term and not as beneficial.

and seriously, those of you criticizing government jobs first need to educate yourselves as to all the different things that government-funded employees do. and the most wasteful parts are probably military-related, but trump isn't putting a freeze on those.

shame shame shame

one thing i keep in mind is that a lot of the moves that Trumpo is talking about sound good until you peel back the layers.

For instance, cutting government jobs sounds good to those that hate big government, until you realize that government salaries are at their LOWEST point as a % of ____ (i forget, but it's other of current US budget today or GDP, and i'm leaning towards the former).

It's a lot of grandstanding that looks good on paper. The whole "Wall" thing is going be nothing more than a spectacle and some flashy toys.

I agree that the most wasteful part of the US budget is on military, though.

If he really wanted to promote economic growth, he'd move the nation out of the industrial ice age and into the tech age, giving grants / tax breaks to older career switchers who have to learn a new way of work life.

Good lord

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/trump-bernhard-langer-voting-fraud.html?_r=1

"Mr. Langer, whom he described as a supporter, left feeling frustrated, according to a version of events later contradicted by a White House official.

The anecdote, the aides said, was greeted with silence, and Mr. Trump was prodded to change the subject by Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff, and Senator John Cornyn, Republican of Texas.

Just one problem: Mr. Langer, who lives in Boca Raton, Fla., is a German citizen with permanent residence status in the United States who is, by law, barred from voting, according to Mr. Langer’s daughter Christina.

“He is a citizen of Germany,” she said, when reached on her father’s cellphone. “He is not a friend of President Trump’s, and I don’t know why he would talk about him.”"

Everyone on NT that knows you, has one opinion of one. One

And you know exactly what it is.
The people who rep my posts would disagree my dude. Ive never been the one to hide my views, but there are plenty on here that do. They dont want the tidal wave of hate and snyde comments.
Who repped them? :nerd:
the quote button is too close to the rep button. and it may be confused for the report button.
But you get a confirmation.. As well as on mobile it's on opposite ends

This bish said there should be a genocide :x :x

These the people that voted Trunp in along with you NH...that gotta sting b...that woman would take a **** on your corpse if she could.

I hate that rotten toothless skank with every fiber of my being

Hopefully she'll get a blood disease and die soon

Good lord

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/trump-bernhard-langer-voting-fraud.html?_r=1

"Mr. Langer, whom he described as a supporter, left feeling frustrated, according to a version of events later contradicted by a White House official.

The anecdote, the aides said, was greeted with silence, and Mr. Trump was prodded to change the subject by Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff, and Senator John Cornyn, Republican of Texas.

Just one problem: Mr. Langer, who lives in Boca Raton, Fla., is a German citizen with permanent residence status in the United States who is, by law, barred from voting, according to Mr. Langer’s daughter Christina.

“He is a citizen of Germany,” she said, when reached on her father’s cellphone. “He is not a friend of President Trump’s, and I don’t know why he would talk about him.”"

wtf is wrong with this man

The way they stimulate the economy is different and the multipliers attached to them are different.

There are fundamental differences, that people disagree one. And history and research are weight on one side.

-We are not going to go into a recession because one of the main reason we used to go into recession is no longer an issue, so the next major thing would be a bubbling bursting. So we are on track for long slower growth

-Trump wants to use every thing available to him to heat up the economy as quickly as possible. So when the next recession comes, our gun will be empty on the fiscal side, and the FED will have to bail us out (if they can)

So please, with all due respect, it is not some "both sides are the same" type ****

Trump's economic moves are dangerous, and economically irresponsible. And will be felt the worst when a recession actually does come.

my g, you're so anti-republican / trump that anyone that presents even an inkling of the other side, you try to shoot them down like democratic policies and liberal thought process is flawless.

The very fact that libs and conservs have different economic ideologies means EXACTLY what i said, and both sides could have super valid points based on their view of the economy.

How can you say we're not going to go into a recession when dozens of years prove its inevitable? there are tons of bubbles brewing, and people get greedy. it's human nature. it always happnes.

I spoke earlier on how a lot of the policies professed are essentially grandstanding.

I'm not an economist. I don't try to be run. The problem is there is a slight disconnect between the academic outlook that you may be utilizing, and the human greed-factor that no one can essentially quantify.

I know you're good at this arguing stuff, my g. So I will not do too much back and forth. No disrespect to you, I just think fundamentally, we may have different perspectives

Good lord

wtf is wrong with this man

:x

:smh:

"Ahead of and behind Mr. Langer were voters who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote, Mr. Trump said, according to the staff members — but they were nonetheless permitted to cast provisional ballots. The president threw out the names of Latin American countries that the voters might have come from."

Misread you original statement, my bad.

But as economist, I would have to disagree.

He can heat it up in the short run, but he will make it structurally weaker.

How so?

I don't think the supply side economics are the way to go, but there are other components that i think we are missing in comparison to what Regan tried to pull in the 80s.

I don't think Trump is going all the way supply side, but some of his moves could work really well, or work really badly.

In other words, Trumpo's plan has a high beta :lol:

Ricky, come on :smh:

Famb, I try to look at this as objectively as possible when it comes to the greenbacks. I think Trumpo is a doosh beyond all measures, but son is making moves that I can understand.

Trump is going full supply side famb. Even his infrastructure plan is mostly tax cuts to the private sector. Art Laffer people's even work for Trump, and Laffer himself call them "fantastic"

Bigot Donald is also gonna impose austerity on the lower classes, and cut government services. That will lower consumption right there

And he plans throw in some Keynesianism and try to use a infrastructure plan to boost growth. But even there other Keynesian a trouble that his infrastructure plan is not a job plan

And he gonna engage in trade practices that might increase cost of living. But the Fed might try to fight this because the want to keep the inflation target at 2%.

Famb emptying the clip on the economy, and I don't emm know where the hustle in some cases.

my g, you're so anti-republican / trump that anyone that presents even an inkling of the other side, you try to shoot them down like democratic policies and liberal thought process is flawless.

The very fact that libs and conservs have different economic ideologies means EXACTLY what i said, and both sides could have super valid points based on their view of the economy.

How can you say we're not going to go into a recession when dozens of years prove its inevitable? there are tons of bubbles brewing, and people get greedy. it's human nature. it always happnes.

I spoke earlier on how a lot of the policies professed are essentially grandstanding.

I'm not an economist. I don't try to be run. The problem is there is a slight disconnect between the academic outlook that you may be utilizing, and the human greed-factor that no one can essentially quantify.

I know you're good at this arguing stuff, my g. So I will not do too much back and forth. No disrespect to you, I just think fundamentally, we may have different perspectives

No I do not. I was in here calling many of Bernie Sanders policies flawed, asks anyone. So with all due respect, miss me with that ****

And major problem with Republican economic theory is not the theory itself, is that they lie about the tradeoffs, and don't speak to a world that actually exist. I have every reason to say the economics assumptions the GOP operate under are flawed.

If we had 40 decades of overbearing social democracy stiffing business, then I would argue in favor of someone neoliberalism. However, has been the other way around.

Last edited:

shame shame shame

one thing i keep in mind is that a lot of the moves that Trumpo is talking about sound good until you peel back the layers.

For instance, cutting government jobs sounds good to those that hate big government, until you realize that government salaries are at their LOWEST point as a % of ____ (i forget, but it's other of current US budget today or GDP, and i'm leaning towards the former).

It's a lot of grandstanding that looks good on paper. The whole "Wall" thing is going be nothing more than a spectacle and some flashy toys.

I agree that the most wasteful part of the US budget is on military, though.

If he really wanted to promote economic growth, he'd move the nation out of the industrial ice age and into the tech age, giving grants / tax breaks to older career switchers who have to learn a new way of work life.
The solutions you have listed are so obvious but the damn president isn't flexible on changing to that....because it would mean he was wrong
And he doesn't like being wrong

The solutions you have listed are so obvious but the damn president isn't flexible on changing to that....because it would mean he was wrong
And he doesn't like being wrong

We talking about Trumpo, famb.

If son can finesse his way into presidency, he can finesse his way into appearing correct while fixing his mistakes.

Dude will say some an admission of wrong decision-making cloaked in white supremacist nonsense

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom