***Official Political Discussion Thread***

justin jouvenal@jjouvenal 27m27 minutes ago

BREAKING: Government reveals more than 100K visas have been revoked as a result of Trump Admin's immigration order during hearing in Va.

They have power until they are thrown in jail and forgotten while their families are told by the authorities that their loved ones are missing.

What you don't seem to realize (and it is unfortunate) is that this sentiment (I can do anything) is only possible because society allows you to feel this way. If that sentiment becomes the target of the ruling apparatus, you'll have the choice to leave, resist and risk your life/freedom, or comply.

You still assume that "things will work out. They always do"

What if they don't?

What if you can no longer plan an international trip on short notice because other countries have decided to take Americans out of their visa waiver programs? What if Congress decides to significantly alter the Constitution in a way that impedes the way non-christians, non-white people live?

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty"
I'm not in disagreement with you. But what else am I supposed to do but live my life to the fullest, while I'm n this earth. With no limits. No limitations . Even if they are there, i have no choice but to bust thru them. Minorities are in bad predicaments. But let's not diminish those minorities that have been able to be a success. Its unfortunate what is happening with the ban. People are making life changing decisions based on it. But this has happened before. The only difference Clinton is well spoken...

Last edited:
Ned Resnikoff@resnikoff 46m46 minutes ago

Steve Bannon, the real power behind this presidency, wrote an outline for a proposed white nationalist documentary. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bannon-film-outline-warned-us-could-turn-into-islamic-states-of-america/2017/02/03/f73832f4-e8be-11e6-b82f-687d6e6a3e7c_story.html?postshare=3261486134995109&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.6ce3eaa59ddb  …pic.twitter.com/1fN9qePOil

C3wJRK1WIAAGwAU.jpg

Don Moynihan@donmoyn 3h3 hours ago
Interested in "the other Steve" in the Trump White House? Here is how a Duke administrator remembers him 1/ http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article130428894.html  …pic.twitter.com/q9yJmg3Xf2

C3vn_eZUYAAs3Oz.jpg

In HS, Stephen Miller ran for student leadership on "janitors should clean up our food" platform. He got booed 2/ http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/19/the-troublemaker-behind-donald-trump-s-words.html  …pic.twitter.com/4glNkaqX6B

C3vo1CUUoAEjFnl.jpg

Miller, who was mentored by white supremacist Richard Spencer, really seems to despise immigrants (esp. Muslims). 3/

All that aside(!) he seems like a terrible person to make policy: sanctimonious, arrogant, disdainful of those who r different or disagree 4

And yet, Stephen Miller, is making policy that will fundamentally alter people's lives. This is what it means to live in a kakistrocracy 5/

@red3blog@red3blog 3h3 hours ago
@donmoyn Astonishingly not the only time he publicly disrespected school janitors. From his time at Duke: http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2006/04/welcome-durham-petting-zoo  …pic.twitter.com/Nb5tlSBekA

C3vvJq6WAAAqmht.jpg

If we have a war and draft I'm gonna be like Muhamamad Ali and go to jail. I'm not fighting for this country.

They have power until they are thrown in jail and forgotten while their families are told by the authorities that their loved ones are missing.

What you don't seem to realize (and it is unfortunate) is that this sentiment (I can do anything) is only possible because society allows you to feel this way. If that sentiment becomes the target of the ruling apparatus, you'll have the choice to leave, resist and risk your life/freedom, or comply.

You still assume that "things will work out. They always do"

What if they don't?

What if you can no longer plan an international trip on short notice because other countries have decided to take Americans out of their visa waiver programs? What if Congress decides to significantly alter the Constitution in a way that impedes the way non-christians, non-white people live?

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty"
I'm not in disagreement with you. But what else am I supposed to do but live my life to the fullest, while I'm n this earth. With no limits. No limitations . Even if they are there, i have no choice but to bust thru them. Minorities are in bad predicaments. But let's not diminish those minorities that have been able to be a success.

Celebrating minority excellence, practicing self sufficiency, and fighting for social justice are not mutually exclusive

We can do all at the same time.

And I would argue that fighting for people's rights and much more pressing than acknowledging the success stories.

Bannon is legit Darth Vader.
Celebrating minority excellence, practicing self sufficiency, and fighting for social justice are not mutually exclusive

We can do all at the same time.
!!!

Last edited:
Ned Resnikoff@resnikoff 46m46 minutes ago

Steve Bannon, the real power behind this presidency, wrote an outline for a proposed white nationalist documentary. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bannon-film-outline-warned-us-could-turn-into-islamic-states-of-america/2017/02/03/f73832f4-e8be-11e6-b82f-687d6e6a3e7c_story.html?postshare=3261486134995109&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.6ce3eaa59ddb pic.twitter.com/1fN9qePOil

C3wJRK1WIAAGwAU.jpg

Interested in "the other Steve" in the Trump White House? Here is how a Duke administrator remembers him 1/ http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article130428894.html pic.twitter.com/q9yJmg3Xf2

C3vn_eZUYAAs3Oz.jpg

In HS, Stephen Miller ran for student leadership on "janitors should clean up our food" platform. He got booed 2/ http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/19/the-troublemaker-behind-donald-trump-s-words.html pic.twitter.com/4glNkaqX6B

C3vo1CUUoAEjFnl.jpg

Miller, who was mentored by white supremacist Richard Spencer, really seems to despise immigrants (esp. Muslims). 3/

All that aside(!) he seems like a terrible person to make policy: sanctimonious, arrogant, disdainful of those who r different or disagree 4

And yet, Stephen Miller, is making policy that will fundamentally alter people's lives. This is what it means to live in a kakistrocracy 5/

@red3blog@red3blog 3h3 hours ago

@donmoyn Astonishingly not the only time he publicly disrespected school janitors. From his time at Duke: http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2006/04/welcome-durham-petting-zoo pic.twitter.com/Nb5tlSBekA

C3vvJq6WAAAqmht.jpg

So we know all these things, how do we get him out of this position? Someone with an obvious prejudice and effect on the system and ability to affect a lot of people's happiness.

I think the only way is to have the president impeached and then have the new president fire him

My guess, anyway

Nah, he is the Emperor

Vader was a usual idiot when you think about it, just like Trump
Watch yourself there, Rusty.

Vader was the biggest bad-*** in the entire realm. He destroyed Luke, Obi Wan, and the Emperor. He is incredibly athletic and calculating, things you can't say about trump.

Anakin on the other hand was a whiny little *****.

Last edited:

Nah, he is the Emperor

Vader was a usual idiot when you think about it, just like Trump
Watch yourself there, Rusty.

Vader was the biggest bad-*** in the entire realm. He destroyed Luke and he destroyed the Emperor. He is incredibly athletic and smart.

Anakin on the other hand is a whiny little *****.

But you have to remember it took Vader hours to get ready in the morning and face the world. Vader getting worked on in his chambers it like Trump having to throw on a fresh coat of cheeto paint and gluing in his lace front before he can be seen

Trump hair is like Vader's helmet. All you think when you see it is "I wonder what is under there"

the media needs to take the white house to task for their serial lying. between bowling green and the iran story, they're throwing around obviously deceitful and wrong facts.

all that has to happen now is the republican leadership needs to coalesce and take out trump. but it needs to be swift. so they just have to let trump walk into an impeachable offense.

now if we want analogies, the republican party can be like darth vader. they're whole life they served the miserable, evil emperor known as greed and racism. however, now that that evil threatens everything they know and love in this world (democracy, freedom, etc), they have a chance to redeem themselves with one last heroic act:

FragrantTerribleAmericancrocodile.gif

Dammit, Republicans! You can't even do this right.
:smh::smh:

Back
Top Bottom