***Official Political Discussion Thread***

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/...le-to-marshal-votes-for-health-care-bill.html

WASHINGTON — Facing intransigent Republican opposition, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, has told senators he will delay a vote on his legislation to repeal the Affordable Care Act, dealing President Trump an embarrassing setback on a key part of his agenda

1879f18e_e542_e1c6.jpg

Because he lies and told them he is gonna replace it with something better.

The thing is, there is no better right wing replacement plan for the ACA
Exactly. The republican party is on the wrong side of history with all of their healthcare plans. They don't care about providing health care they just care about saving money (for certain people) even at the cost of some peoples health and lives.

Like this is really sad if Republicans get their way we will just be going backwards as a country. I know people..family friends that will be screwed if they repeal and replace the ACA with that terrible bill.

Hell what if something happens to my health one day what the **** would I do...this is depressing

Like this is really sad if Republicans get their way we will just be going backwards as a country. I know people..family friends that will be screwed if they repeal and replace the ACA with that terrible bill.

Hell what if something happens to my health one day what the **** would I do...this is depressing
sad cold hard truth on what this country is facing.

there is nothing more important than your health and republicans couldn't care any less

It's not even about saving money - it's about rich folks making more money at the expense of the majority.

You could almost understand if they had a better more efficient system - but there is no magnanimous intent in what they're doing.

Thing is though with the employer mandate removed it won't only be poor folks that won't have health insurance. Large companies looking to cut will start looking at health insurance premiums now that they don't have to.

I know I'm wrong for having this opinion, however I want everyone who voted for this moron to suffer. They deserve everything the GOP is about to do them. I know it's going to affect people that didn't vote for him, but that's how progress works sometimes.

For those who didn't vote for him or didn't vote in the last election, maybe this will be a wake-up call to unite against this terrorist organization known as the GOP.

I know I'm wrong for having this opinion, however I want everyone who voted for this moron to suffer. They deserve everything the GOP is about to do them. I know it's going to affect people that didn't vote for him, but that's how progress works sometimes.

For those who didn't vote for him or didn't vote in the last election, maybe this will be a wake-up call to unite against this terrorist organization known as the GOP.

You're definitely not wrong for wanting those inbreds to suffer. If it were up to them, anyone other than white Christians would be either deported or enslaved. Wanting them to feel the pain from the choices THEY consciously made is only fair. They were literally cheering when they thought only minorities and women were going to lose healthcare :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
You're definitely not wrong for wanting those inbreds to suffer. If it were up to them, anyone other than white Christians would be either deported or enslaved. Wanting them to feel the pain from the choices THEY consciously made is only fair.

i bet they would still vote for him if they could go back in time knowing what they know now.

Last edited:
I don't understand, don said specifically he wanted to get rid of obamacare, why are people upset? They are gonna get what they voted for.

They purposely voted to potentially kill themselves and their families.

I only feel bad for the children, that their parents are morons.

I don't understand, don said specifically he wanted to get rid of obamacare, why are people upset? They are gonna get what they voted for.

They purposely voted to potentially kill themselves and their families.

I only feel bad for the children, that their parents are morons.

Also of note, many of them had no idea "Obamacare" was actually the Affordable Care Act. True story.

Last edited:
It's not even about saving money - it's about rich folks making more money at the expense of the majority.

You could almost understand if they had a better more efficient system - but there is no magnanimous intent in what they're doing.
This. If they wanted to save money they would take a look at their efficiency of healthcare spending and ask themselves how they're spending significantly more per capita on healthcare than other top nations while delivering vastly inferior healthcare system.

https://data.oecd.org/healthres/health-spending.htm

If they wanted to save money, they would restrict the ridiculous medical costs charged in the US.

2015 Comparative Price Report Variation in Medical and Hospital Prices by Country:

http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...015+Comparative+Price+Report_Final+071516.pdf

Last edited:
is it really that bad to educate and maintain the health of all those in society?

oh wait, if you do that white people lose their hold on power/privilege 

The biggest problem with many on the right is that it came from a liberal black man, so they assumed it would help too many minorities

Once the boogieman went away, they realized how much they needed it.

And that is why the country can't progress, too many people can't see that all the **** that will benefit minorities in this country, will also help them

Morons

The price estimates were provided by the Health Care Cost Institute (HCCI) in collaboration with iFHP. The prices reported are the average allowed costs, which include both member cost sharing and health plan payment. The source of the data used for this study was limited to employer-sponsored insurance (ESI) claims held by HCCI. The values reported are estimates of 2014 prices based on 2014 claims. No trend assumptions were applied to the data. The dataset contains ESI incurred from 1/1/2014 to 12/31/2014, and paid through 6/30/2015. These data do not include claims without membership records or claims with membership without a valid funding type. No demographic or geographic exclusion criteria were applied for this study. Additionally, actuarial completion was not applied to the claims in the dataset. The preliminary average price estimates were compared to multiple data sources including the 2013 iFHP report, guroo.com (HCCI’s price transparency initiative), and various other publicly available data to validate the findings. As a broad range of prices were available, the national 25th percentile (low), average, and 95th percentile were calculated to provide context on the extent of commercial price variation. 

the saddest thing is they really want to kill healthcare for those that don't have the means to take care of themselves or cant afford to?

sounds like they would be happy to just kill off the poor

I was listening to The A1 yesterday and they were talking about poverty and the social safety net. The only argument the guy representing the GOP position on welfare had was "with jobs, people wouldn't need a social safety net" Guests and callers had to remind him that 60% of poor are working full time, and some of them work multiple low paid jobs without any benefits whatsoever.

And they say the "coastal, globalist elites" are "out of touch."

dog...the hell is going on out here...

Why Is Donald Trump Enabling Russian Espionage in America?

The diplomats, widely assumed to be intelligence operatives, would eventually turn up in odd places, often in middle-of-nowhere USA. One was found on a beach, nowhere near where he was supposed to be. In one particularly bizarre case, relayed by a U.S. intelligence official, another turned up wandering around in the middle of the desert. Interestingly, both seemed to be lingering where underground fiber-optic cables tend to run.

Interesting, indeed. Counterintelligence officials in Washington have confirmed to me that Russian operatives are engaged in systematically mapping America’s telecommunications infrastructure, with an intent to tap into fiber-optic cables. Some counterspies believe the Russians have already done so in several parts of the country.

American diplomats in Putin’s Russia are experiencing in-your-face surveillance and harassment worse than what the KGB practiced during the Cold War. Blatant intimidation of our diplomats in Russia has become routine, while a year ago one of our personnel (in reality, a CIA officer serving under cover), was beaten to a pulp by a Russian security guard at the gates of our embassy in Moscow. The victim was injured so severely he required medical evacuation from Russia. True to form, the Kremlin gloated about this incident, posting a video of the beating online

http://observer.com/2017/06/donald-trump-russian-espionage/

This is all dependent on the level of awareness of the public. Politicians bank on people not paying attention, and if this strategy is what the GOP is going for and it works, it'll show that people are not sufficiently aware of the inner workings of DC.

Back
Top Bottom