***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So we should get rid of Medicare, Medicaid, Tri-care, and all employer subsidies if that is your logic

Stop acting like the ACA does something out of the ordinary.

And healthcare is a human right. And in America good healthcare should be a public good.

Creating a tax in regards to healthcare is out of the ordinary. Government subsidies are not out of the ordinary. But the way to get everyone affordable healthcare is not government subsidies. That solution is unsustainable. And when I say it isn't a fundamental right, I am strictly speaking constitutionally.

He clearly knows nothing about the economics of the subject.

So he is relying on "what is right what is wrong" arguments

I'm actually well-versed on the subject. You aren't. But I have to remember I am having this conversation with a bunch of people who felt they proved Clinton wasn't impeached.

Does anyone posting actually pay for their own insurance?

So we should get rid of Medicare, Medicaid, Tri-care, and all employer subsidies if that is your logic

Stop acting like the ACA does something out of the ordinary.

And healthcare is a human right. And in America good healthcare should be a public good.

Creating a tax in regards to healthcare is out of the ordinary. Government subsidies are not out of the ordinary. But the way to get everyone affordable healthcare is not government subsidies. That solution is unsustainable. And when I say it isn't a fundamental right, I am strictly speaking constitutionally.

More ignorance. What the hell do payroll taxes pay for then?

The biggest health insurer in the country is a single payer government program where tax dollars subsidize coverage

Go look at other counties systems, go look at healthcare economist. All say your are wrong

Dude you don't even know he basics

My point is that you are full of it if you complain about one person being subsidized but overlook the fact nearly all American have their health insurance subsidized

And you need a mandate for a universal system to work. If there is not one it leads to free riding.

So because the government provides a subsidy for something, I cant say a subsidy is inappropriate in a different case? That's your above-my-head reasoning?

The real solution to affordable healthcare is reducing the price of healthcare. The subsidy/tax program does not accomplish this. As a result many people had there health insurance increase

More ignorance. What the hell do payroll taxes pay for then?

The biggest health insurer in the country is a single payer government program where tax dollars subsidize coverage

Go look at other counties systems, go look at healthcare economist. All say your are wrong

Dude you don't even know he basics

The remarkable thing is that you are being serious. Hopefully you are intentionally conflating issues.

My point is that you are full of it if you complain about one person being subsidized but overlook the fact nearly all American have their health insurance subsidized

And you need a mandate for a universal system to work. If there is not one it leads to free riding.

So because the government provides a subsidy for something, I cant say a subsidy is inappropriate in a different case? That's your above-my-head reasoning?

The real solution to affordable healthcare is reducing the price of healthcare. The subsidy/tax program does not accomplish this. As a result many people had there health insurance increase

Look at the attempted goal post move. I never said you can say it, I said it makes you a hypocrite to use that attack on the ACA

Last edited:

@Colombia, slightly off-topic, but did your other symptoms (fatigue, pain, etc.) all start after your lung surgery? Or were they preexisting?
This entire time I've been imagining a skinny white kid cuz of the illness and this ***** looks like he's been injected with the super soldier serum 
laugh.gif

Your competition in the health insurance marketplace is not going to accomplish this either

The providers of healthcare and the provides of health insurance are different.

Like I said, you don't know what you are talking about

Last edited:
Your competition in the health insurance marketplace is not going to accomplish this either

The provides of healthcare and the provides of health insurance are different.

How do you propose reducing healthcare cost? And its not JUST competition in the insurance market. It's also competition within Pharma and treatment. We have heavy regulations on drugs in this country. As a result a lot of our healthcare is more expensive. That's why you hear so much about de-regulation

Last edited:

The provides of healthcare and the provides of health insurance are different.

How do you propose reducing healthcare cost

So we are off health insurance

Because you realize this is a different subject dealing with a different marketplace

Rusty don't even bother to hit him with the economic pocket sand. He ain't built like us, ain't been educated in the field of economics. You were born in it, molded by it. He merely adopted the right wing talking points, but doesn't take the time to understand the real issues.

So we are off health insurance

Because you realize this is a different subject dealing with a different marketplace

We have been talking about healthcare the entire time. Healthcare insurance is a part of the discussion

No it is not, your ignorance is shining through

Health insurance providers and healthcare providers are different entities most of the time

So the markets are different, and the policy approaches to either problem are different.

Providers sell their services to insurers, then insurers sell plans to consumers

And your plan is horrible for bringing down healthcare prices because multiple insurers will not have the same market power as one large insurers would have to negotiate healthcare prices

That is why Medicare reembursement rates are lower than most private insurers

Like I said, you don't know the basics

Last edited:
No it is not, your ignorance is shining through

Health insurance providers and healthcare providers are different entities most of the time

So the markets are different, and the policy approaches to either problem are different.

Providers sell their services to insurers, then insurers sell plans to consumers

And your plan is horrible for bringing down healthcare prices because multiple insurers will not have the same market power as one large insurers would have to negotiate healthcare prices

That is why Medicare reembursement rates are lower than most private insurers

Like I said, you don't know the basics

This is your opinion. And I, respectfully, disagree

This dude just called me breaking down the basics of how the health insurance market works my opinion

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And you get offended when folk call you a troll. You are respectfully disagree in with reality, geez

Last edited:
This dude just called me breaking down the basics of how the health insurance market works my opinion

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And you get offended when folk call you a troll. You are respectfully disagree in with reality, geez

You said my plan was horrible. That is your opinion

Back
Top Bottom