***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Screenshot_20170719-122152.png

Need this as a billboard

True. I feel like the key is to be patient and informative when communicating with people who have voted for Trump. Is it always going to work? No. I understand that a lot of people who've voted for him are not going to change their mind no matter what. But calling Trump voters inbred ignorant racists is not helping the situation.
Anyone who supports a classless, illiterate, and racist individual like Trump is definitely a product of inbreeding. Civilized and genetically stable people don't behave like him and his supporters.

Forget for a second, the position you take

All I know is that you can't verbally abuse someone into joining your side. That never works.

Someone once said, they go low, we go high

Something like that lol

Forget for a second, the position you take

All I know is that you can't verbally abuse someone into joining your side. That never works.

Someone once said, they go low, we go high

Something like that lol
Dude if you think that the left can convince a good percent of Trump voters to join the left, you are dreaming

At best the play is too convince handful on the margin that don't support Trump but voted for him, because they chose to sell out minorities to save their economic situation. So yeah, the best tactic to achieve that is casting a wide net and taking anything you catch.

The Trump supporters in here certainly don't deserve it. One is a troll that loses his s*** whenever he feels like he is being mocked. And the new arrival is a troll that has already stated that he is willing to support white supremacy, because,in his infinite ignorance, it might be what is best for black people.

These are the people I should be nice too and repeat myself over and over? Just so these dudes can feel safe enough to spew more diet bigotry and ignorance to pass off as a legitimate concerns. I myself I'm tired of having to do that.

Liberals get called soft, snowflakes, and call kinds of ******* and the second you return the energy the right demands order. For liberals to be nice, to tolerate their intolerance. To sit back and watch as support destroying the lives of millions, especially minorites, and taking it all in stride.

Even many progressives now what their own alt-fact world to defend Trump voters, where **** was great 50 years ago, they spew some the "only struggle is the class struggle" bull **** and swear up and down that giving people single payer will soothe their bigotry

So yeah, because it is a political necessity let us try to get some of those swing voters. But remember that it a small fraction of Trump and the GOP's overall base and these people will sell out minorities the first chance they get.

Last edited:
I would take it on a person by person basis. Certainly in cases where it feels like you're repeating yourself and not getting anywhere, I wouldn't expect you to continue on repeating yourself. I wouldn't engage at all

I would just hate for you guys to meet someone new and think certain things about him/her right away once you find out they voted for Trump

Last edited:
Nothing like the Official Political Discussion thread

I told you to dig. You might also wanna check out how tax cuts are working out in Brownback's Kansas and how Jindal fared in Louisiana since you seem to need pointers.

I would take it on a person by person basis. Certainly in cases where it feels like you're repeating yourself and not getting anywhere, I wouldn't expect you to continue on repeating yourself. I wouldn't engage at all

I would just hate for you guys to meet someone new and think certain things about him/her right away once you find out they voted for Trump

If you (obviously I don't mean amel223) voted for a racist, sexist, and classless little @#$@%, you're either one yourself, or you're a selfish person that's willing to overlook the mistreatment and exploitation of others as long as everything is fine in your own life. Either way, you're a trash human being

That's the best approach. Some people legit got duped, some are willfully ignorant, and some politics isn't their strong hold. Being able to adequately relay and elaborate your views to someone who sees things differently than you is a good trait though.

These conversations tend to go different in an actual person to person setting though. People will disagree with each other, but they don't get as disrespectful and ballsy in person as they do on a messageboard so I really don't view the interactions on here as reflective of how things go in the real world.

Being able to adequately relay and elaborate your views to someone who sees things differently than you is a good trait though.

These conversations tend to go different in an actual person to person setting though. People will disagree with each other, but they don't get as disrespectful and ballsy in person as they do on a messageboard so I really don't view the interactions on here as reflective of how things go in the real world.

Facts

Democrats need to get on board with message, the Russia stuff isn't it. 2018 is around the corner.
The Democrat party and its leaders really hasn't pressed on the Russia issue as of late though. It didn't gain much traction until DTJr went Fredo on himself and the media picked up on it.

The media makes it seem like all the Democratic Party are doing is focusing on Russia.

When really that is not the case.

The local parties, who will do most of the heavy lifting for the midterms all all focused on rebuilding and getting ready for next year.

National moves from high profile Dems would not do much at this point.

The Democratic Party should work on identifying and cultivating new/young faces in anticipation of 2018 and 2020. I feel like they should divide and conquer. A couple Dems should become trump's chief needlers, endlessly harassing him and Republicans over things like Russia, conflicts of interest, his tax returns, etc. But then there should be a larger and unified voice of the party that ignores all that (for the most part) and instead talks strictly policy and people.

I'm just rambling but regardless, Dems need to form a focused strategy aimed at winning.

Back
Top Bottom