***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The triumph the insult dog election special is absolutely hilarious , it's on hulu .... watch the first 5 minutes , truly awesome

Last edited:
A while ago, I criticized Bernie for refusing to see racism as something that is independent of economic inequality. Tonight, I have to criticize Hillary Clinton for refusing to ever talk about social class as something that is separate from white supremacy. To hear Hillary tell it, only women and minorities are poor. There are lots of poor white men despite the fact that they have white privilege.

Bernie some how just cannot bring himself to say White Supremacy but Hillary seems to be constitutionally incapable talking about labor, capital and class.

As liberals, we cannot allow ourselves to believe that it is all about economics or race or sexism. If we made class difference disappear, we would still have black people living poorer lives than white people. However, if we could end all sexism and racism, there would still be lots of poor people. Those who say that white males are privileged are correct but the fact that there are lots of poor, white males should give pause to the Hillary supporters who believe that sexism and racism are the sole reasons for their struggles.

Damn.  Just saw the numbers.  Bern got WASHED. 
laugh.gif
eek.gif

I didn't think he had a chance of winning SC, but dawg.....

A while ago, I criticized Bernie for refusing to see racism as something that is independent of economic inequality. Tonight, I have to criticize Hillary Clinton for refusing to ever talk about social class as something that is separate from white supremacy. To hear Hillary tell it, only women and minorities are poor. There are lots of poor white men despite the fact that they have white privilege.

Bernie some how just cannot bring himself to say White Supremacy but Hillary seems to be constitutionally incapable talking about labor, capital and class.

As liberals, we cannot allow ourselves to believe that it is all about economics or race or sexism. If we made class difference disappear, we would still have black people living poorer lives than white people. However, if we could end all sexism and racism, there would still be lots of poor people. Those who say that white males are privileged are correct but the fact that there are lots of poor, white males should give pause to the Hillary supporters who believe that sexism and racism are the sole reasons for their struggles.

Poor white men generally vote Republican though, correct? Are you saying Hillary should address them as well even though they aren't going to vote for her anyway? Seems like it'd be a waste of time.

:lol: :lol: at the black vote not being a monolith and then the example given was just varying shades of being a Democrat. No matter how you slice the majority of the black vote will always go to the left.

:lol: :lol: at the black vote not being a monolith and then the example given was just varying shades of being a Democrat. No matter how you slice the majority of the black vote will always go to the left.

Black people always go democrat, not the same thing as being left.

There are plenty right wing conservative black people who simply don't have the option to vote Republican so they vote for the more conservative Democrat. ie Clinton.

Last edited:
@meetthepress: BREAKING on #MTP: @TulsiGabbard just announced her resignation as DNC Vice Chair and endorsement of @BernieSanders #Decision2016

Last edited:
You know we like call many Republicans racist (because many of the are)

but you get the sense that most believe that they aren't racist and that their supporters aren't racist, they truly believe that legitimately wants whats best for the country.

but weve never seen someone like Donal Trump.

He clearly has made a conscious tactical decision, that white racist are central to his path to the nomination and he cannot alienate them.

This is crazy, he's working on a totally different level than the other republicans because he's actively targeting what the modern republican party has become.:lol:

Last edited:
You know we like call many Republicans racist (because many of the are)

but you get the sense that most believe that they aren't racist and that their supporters aren't racist, they truly believe that legitimately wants whats best for the country.

but weve never seen someone like Donal Trump.

He clearly has made a conscious tactical decision, that white racist are central to his path to the nomination and he cannot alienate them.

This is crazy, he's working on a totally different level than the other republicans because he's actively targeting what the modern republican party has become.:lol:

I think the saying goes "not all republicans are racist, but all racists are republican"

Whether that's true or not, genuinely interested in what thoughts people who vote republican but don't consider themselves racist have on why white supremacist tend to vote the same way they do

Last edited:
Yeah that's all fine and dandy but GOP controls EVERY LEVEL of Government, the hasn't the democratic party has collapsed outside outside the presidency?

So even if bernie does win Bernie coming off 4 years of getting nothing done, plus the party going for its 4th straight term....thats sound like an L to me.

Thank you for reiterating.

I think the saying goes "not all republicans are racist, but all racists are republican"

Whether that's true or not, genuinely interested in what thoughts people who vote republican but don't consider themselves racist have on why white supremacist tend to vote the same way they do

What about democrats? There are no racist democrats?! Please. You can keep throwing out the race card all you want but even if racism was solved tomorrow in its entirety, this country would still be in a **** hole. Then what are we going to do?

\\
What about democrats? There are no racist democrats?! Please. You can keep throwing out the race card all you want but even if racism was solved tomorrow in its entirety, this country would still be in a **** hole. Then what are we going to do?
Bingo. They don't want to hear that though.

Last edited:

Why so defensive? I never said that democrats couldn't be racist nor did I even say if I believe the statement is true.

I just want to know from a conservative's perspective, what are their thoughts on why white supremacists tend to be republican/conservative.

Why so defensive? I never said that democrats couldn't be racist nor did I even say if I believe the statement is true.

I just want to know from a conservative's perspective, what are their thoughts on why white supremacists tend to be republican/conservative.

I'm not coming at you at all fam. It's just a broad statement. I prob shouldn't have quoted you.. We keep putting these race issues at the front line like that's what really matters first, but look at what a democrat black president did to suppress racism in almost 8 years in office. They are not the race saviours of America.

Why white supremacists tend to vote republican tho? I don't know maybe they don't like to pay more tax that's going to be given back to the black community (in their eyes). That is not my opinion tho, it just seems as the only thing that would make possible sense with them if race is the actual issue

this is the question they are too scared to answer....

thats why you see so much deflection... "well what about democrat racists tho"

But what about racist democrats tho? You saying they don't exist?!

There's an intelligence component there as to why white supremacists vote Republican as well but I don't want to insinuate that all Republicans are stupid or lacking in that department. Because simple research would show that whites benefit more from government assistance than anyone but that would contradict everything they would stand for.

Last edited:
I'm not coming at you at all fam. It's just a broad statement. I prob shouldn't have quoted you.. We keep putting these race issues at the front line like that's what really matters first, but look at what a democrat black president did to suppress racism in almost 8 years in office. They are not the race saviours of America.

Why white supremacists tend to vote republican tho? I don't know maybe they don't like to pay more tax that's going to be given back to the black community (in their eyes). That is not my opinion tho, it just seems as the only thing that would make possible sense with them if race is the actual issue

Taxes have gotta be paid regardless of who you vote for though. It's not like democrats are pushing for taxing white people more. So there's gotta be something in conservatism/being republican that draws white supremacists to the right, right?

There's an intelligence component there as to why white supremacists vote Republican as well but I don't want to insinuate that all Republicans are stupid or lacking in that department. Because simple research would show that whites benefit more from government assistance than anyone but that would contradict everything they would stand for.

Maybe because a larger percentage of the over-all population is white? No one is singling out a particular race. The proper term should be indigent or low income communities.

Back
Top Bottom