***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Never discuss politics at the barbershop.

Sports is cool, cause *****s at the barbershop never know anything about anything. I can stomach that when it comes to sports, I can't stomach that when it comes to politics.:lol:

I'd definitely end up insulting someone.:lol::smh:

Bruh black *** was happy about the progress of the tax bill and wanted obamacare repealed.
I just made some snide comments, cut my hair and got the hell out of there.

Aren't you a leftist?

What's wrong with being a Keynesian?

I am :lol:

In the context of present day reality,the values it promotes to achieve full employment are def left oriented but I'm a bit more radical in my beliefs regarding the market/current economic system as a whole tbh

I can still appreciate economists like Reich, Stiglitz, Krugman etc though. A lot more than most prominent ones

To increase output. To meet demand, etc.

Better question:
Why wouldn't they?

I mean what evidence is there that tax cuts produce increased demand? given that 83% of the benifts go to the top 1%,
why would this result in increased consumer demand?

I mean if you had a maid who cleans your house, and you got a tax cut, would then use that tax cut to give her a raise? or would you just pocket the money? :lol:

Ninja gonna finally be able to cop the Cuban that he was supposed to cop this summer when da don passes da tax reform bill.

Trickle down economics has failed over and over and over and over.

From Reagan to Brownback

And the GOP's supporters major argument is maybe the wealth will trickle down.

Like what hell, how can anyone not see this is bs.

And Dwalk doesn't understand the Economic arguments he is making he just exposed himself.

If corporations hire workers to meet demand,if that is a goal. THEN WHY NOT PASS A TAX BILL THAT INCREASES AGGREGATE DEMAND.

Give all the benefits to the bottom not the top. That will fuel demand.

I swear conservatives are drunk off of voodoo economics and refuse to put down the bottle and go to rehab. Not even a neoclassical out patient facility

Last edited:
I mean what evidence is there that tax cuts produce increased demand? given that 83% of the benifts go to the top 1%,
why would this result in increased consumer demand?

I mean if you had a maid who cleans your house, and you got a tax cut, would then use that tax cut to give her a raise? or would you just pocket the money? :lol:

If we both got a tax cut, wouldn't that be good?

lol at the phrase "tax relief." reminds me of "economic anxiety."

"oh lord I can't afford these bananas, the tax on them is killing me..."

edit: plus or minus $1000 in taxes does nothing for me. reducing access to national parks, eating into social safety nets, reducing funding for education/environmental protection/research, etc -- those things will adversely affect me in the short and long run.

Trickle down economics has failed over and over and over and over.

From Reagan to Brownback

And the GOP's supporters major argument is maybe the wealth will trickle down.

Like what hell, how can anyone not see this is bs.

And Dwalk doesn't understand the Economic arguments he is making he just exposed himself.

If corporations hire workers to meet demand,if that is a goal. THEN WHY NOT PASS A TAX BILL THAT INCREASES AGGREGATE DEMAND.

Give all the benefits to the bottom not the top. That will fuel demand.

I swear conservatives are drink off voodoo economics and refuse to put down the bottle and go to rehab. Not even a neoclassical be out patient facility

Again you have a habit of responding to things no one said. This thread is so great because people just go with it, like someone asserted something you are arguing against.

Even if nothing trickles down, the tax cut is good for the average American family. Corporations getting a huge cut isn't bad for average American families.

I mean maybe in a vacuum, but it's not a vacum, you guys can split the 20% of tax cuts, while the 1% gets 83%

unless you live in a high tax state, then your taxes might actually go up.

the idea is that it's supposed to raise wages. Why would that happen?

I mean maybe in a vacuum, but it's not a vacum, you guys can split the 20% of tax cuts, while the 1% gets 83%

unless you live in a high tax state, then your taxes might actually go up.

That's not the ONLY idea. Average Americans are getting a tax cut. Most people do not itemize their taxes. The standard deduction is doubling. And the child tax credit is increasing. Everyday Americans will have more money in their pocket as a result of this bill. Corporations getting more doesn't make that bad.

Again you have a habit of responding to things no one said. This thread is so great because people just go with it, like someone asserted something you are arguing against.

Even if nothing trickles down, the tax cut is good for the average American family. Corporations getting a huge cut isn't bad for average American families.
Again convenient ignorance.

Corporations using the extra funds to rent seek, buy smaller firms and engage in buybacks.

That creates labor market consolidation, which drives down wages.

Also, less revenue means less government services for the middle class. May we forget that Ryan and McConnell already they are planning to cut Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security next year.

This tax bill will cause less people to be insured, which leads to higher premiums, and the bill incentivizes money and jobs go overseas.

Like I said you don't know what you are talking about. You always use your ignorance on a topic as a shield.

Last edited:
That's not the ONLY idea. Average Americans are getting a tax cut. Most people do not itemize their taxes. The standard deduction is doubling. And the child tax credit is increasing. Everyday Americans will have more money in their pocket as a result of this bill. Corporations getting more doesn't make that bad.

I mean you are deficit financing that corporations taxes so yeah that can make it bad, because you could have spent that money on something else.

If I use 83% of my pay check on hookers and 20% for groceries, when we can't afford to pay the light bill my wife has every right to conclude that I spent that pay check poorly...no matter how delicious the groceries were. :lol:

I like how there's little to no mention of the actual cost of the GOP plan from their supporters when discussing the bill

Their Medicare and SS is on the chopping block thanks to these cronies and they're cheering them on...

Again convenient ignorance.

Corporations using the extra funds to rent seek, buy smaller firms and engage in buybacks.

That creates labor market consolidation, which drives down wages.

Also, less revenue means less government services for the middle class. May we forget that Ryan and McConnell already they are planning to cut Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security next year.

This tax bill will cause less people to be insure, which leads to higher premiums, and incentivizes money and job go overseas.

Like I said you don't know what you are talking about. You always use your ignorant on a topic as a shield.

Again, you are addressing things I didn't say. Will average americans receive a tax cut? Yes. The rest of your assertions aren't related to what I said.

Btw, I was talking about this.

Where you clearly say they will hire more people to meet demand.

So miss me with the "no one said that" shtick

Dude I was replying to someone asking why they would hire more people. I gave random reasons why companies hire people.

Back
Top Bottom