***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I know he beat his wife, and has been beating his wife for over 40 years, but I am not gonna call him a "wife beater". I don't call people names, and what he did was wrong. Yes, he beat his wife but I am not the kind of person to label some a "wife beater" just because he routinely assaults his wife.

That is not how I was raised

Last edited:
I think he has an issue. Normal people don't lie this much. He has to be a pathological liar.
Honestly what I really want to know is the mindset behind it.
I don't think I've ever seen anyone tell so many lies so frequently. Usually those lies are blatant falsehoods that are easily disproven by just about anyone. And they range anywhere from important and large issues to completely irrelevant ones nobody cares about such as crowd sizes. It's clearly pathological, don't think anyone could refute that.

It's one lie after another but during those moments, is it a conscious effort on his part? Is he thinking about his insecurities and narcissism and then proceeds to make a conscious decision to lie? Or is it more of an automatic impulse due to those factors with little or no thought behind it?
Furthermore, to what extent does he realize, if at all, that he is lying when and after he does it? Given the sheer frequency and absurdity of many of these lies I also think it's perhaps even more likely that the man is completely delusional and doesn't differentiate between actual reality and his version of reality. I would probably go with that option, which is the most worrying to me.
Either way, he is either detached from reality or he pretends to be.

Edit: Even if he did say "I would have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un", it's not exactly that much less delusional.

Honestly what I really want to know is the mindset behind it.
I don't think I've ever seen anyone tell so many lies so frequently. Usually those lies are blatant falsehoods that are easily disproven by just about anyone. And they range anywhere from important and large issues to completely irrelevant ones nobody cares about such as crowd sizes. It's clearly pathological, don't think anyone could refute that.

It's one lie after another but during those moments, is it a conscious effort on his part? Is he thinking about his insecurities and narcissism and then proceeds to make a conscious decision to lie? Or is it more of an automatic impulse due to those factors with little or no thought behind it?
Furthermore, to what extent does he realize, if at all, that he is lying when and after he does it? Given the sheer frequency and absurdity of many of these lies I also think it's perhaps even more likely that the man is completely delusional and doesn't differentiate between actual reality and his version of reality. I would probably go with that option, which is the most worrying to me.
Either way, he is either detached from reality or he pretends to be.

Edit: Even if he did say "I would have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un", it's not exactly that much less delusional.

When you are as wealthy as DT, you can pay enough Yes men who will agree to anything you say regardless of the objectivity of your statements. Live in that bubble long enough, and you think the while world operates this way.

DTiqSrvW4AAPv1L.jpg

Well I'll give Trump some credit for giving the newspaper cover designers some new inspiration to really flourish. So many great covers since his candidacy and presidency :lol:
The disrespect of this one though :rofl:

http://www.spiegel.de/international...-spiegel-trump-cover-explained-a-1187633.html
New Der SPIEGEL Cover explainedThe Age of Fire and Fury
Humanity as a whole is being set back just because of one single Person. Where is the world supposed to start again if it manages to survive Donald Trump?

"Fire and Fury" is the title of the new exposé of Donald Trump's first year in the White House. The tome has only been out for a few days, and yet it has already established itself as one of the books of the year. Even we journalists find ourselves describing the book's contents as "indescribable" and "unfathomable." Can the world's most powerful man really be dumb, senile and addicted to television as the book claims? He spends his early evenings watching three televisions in his bedroom? Eating a cheeseburger and tweeting all the while? An entire White House teetering between hysteria and chaos? And yet, it's still the journalist's job to describe the indescribable and fathom the unfathomable.

Our latest cover story explains how "Fire and Fury" came to be and whether, and the extent to which, it approaches the truth. Most importantly, however, it delves into the consequences for an America and a world that have been confronted with a nuclear-armed fool who is likely to remain in office for some time to come, who is neither mentally nor psychologically suited for the job - apparently also not physically, either, given how late he starts the working day and how early he ends it. That, unfortunately, is precisely the point: Humanity as a whole is being set back just because of one single person. The achievements of decades - the fight against a climate disaster, against the nuclear threat, for equality between men and women, between blacks and whites and so on and so on. Where is the world supposed to start again if it manages to survive Donald Trump?

Sidenote: The Spiegel cover team has been impeccable especially when it comes to Dapper Don
6322fb256b15d4e9578f036b4f63539f.png

b99a07be58c4a97bbb6a137fc562bf14.png

ff68b5ed3f2c503daffec51405f1682d.png

2e4e3ccf1dbf93cbc73fdcd5313d0c57.png

07c614ed004b06d993533117ce09959b.png

b8b333243b5176080499a28a4351c4bd.png

Last edited:

I legit don't see how anyone can defend dude after this.. and how this isn't a bigger story

You got millions of Americans who believed their lives were at a legit threat of coming to an end.. you got folks telling stories about loved ones saying their goodbyes

This dude who could respond with the swiftness if he sees some BS on foxnews.. but was MIA when millions of Americans needed some form of reassurance

Then you factor in his threats with ole boy from North Korea on top of that mess

I mean Fox finally seems to be correct - but I can't tell if they're saying that that's a bad thing or a good thing?

Back
Top Bottom