***Official Political Discussion Thread***

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...rious-documents?amp&__twitter_impression=true
DOJ to give Oversight panel more 'Fast and Furious' documents
Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced Wednesday that the Department of Justice (DOJ) will provide documents to Congress on the Obama-era program dubbed "Fast and Furious" that allowed criminals to purchase guns in Phoenix-based gun shops in order to track them into Mexico.

The Justice Department, then run by Eric Holder, declined to provide documents on the program to Congress in 2012 and was held in contempt of Congress. Today's decision ends six years of litigation with the House Oversight Committee.

"The Department of Justice under my watch is committed to transparency and the rule of law. This settlement agreement is an important step to make sure that the public finally receives all the facts related to Operation Fast and Furious," Sessions said in a press release.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) operation was discovered in 2010 after two of the guns were found at the scene of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry's murder.

ATF lost track of more than 1,400 guns during the course of the operation, which totaled 70 percent of the total number sold.

Last April, a joint U.S.-Mexico task force apprehended Terry's suspected killer, Heraclio Osorio-Arellanes, at a ranch in northwestern Mexico. In a viral tweet Saturday, Terry's brother urged President Trump to reopen the investigation into the scandal, which dominated the Obama Justice Department for years.

"We need to find out the truth, exactly what happened, how it happened, why it happened. We need Mr. Trump, President Trump, to unseal the documents, reverse executive privilege so that we know what happened, and that we can hold the people accountable that are responsible," Kent Terry added on "Fox & Friends" Tuesday.

They gave Jared the axe
wow.png

oh wait

Theres no way in hell trump sent micro meat pics to the gal :lol: :lol: :lol:

We seen him photoshop his hands during inauguration, got to think he'd go the same route

Racist Keibler Elf needs to go!
Problem is Trump would probably appoint an even worse stooge through the Vacancies Reform Act rather than follow the DOJ line of succession, which would give Rosenstein the AG position.

I don't think that's how the Federal Vacancies Reform Act works in that case guys. The replacement under that law has to be someone who is already serving in office in a position that requires appointment by the president and confirmation by the Senate. It's what Trump used to put Mick Mulvaney in charge of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in order to bypass the CFPB's line of succession.

He could simply appoint someone the normal way but that'd have to go through Senate confirmation. With the Vacancy Act he can immediately put a stooge from some other position in place for a limited period. A few hundred days I believe. This would give him some time to put a stooge in place while he searches for a permanent solution that would get through the Senate.

Last edited:
I don't think that's how the Federal Vacancies Reform Act works in that case guys. The replacement under that law has to be someone who is already serving in office in a position that requires appointment by the president and confirmation by the Senate. It's what Trump used to move Mick Mulvaney around from the OMB to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in order to bypass the CFPB's line of succession.
I was kidding

The Act applies to the temporary filling of positions if I am not mistaken.

Mulvaney is the acting director of the CFPB. Trump is looking for someone to nominate as the permanent head.

I was kidding

The Act applies to the temporary filling of positions if I am not mistaken.

Mulvaney is the acting director of the CFPB. Trump is looking for someone to nominate as the permanent head.
Correct. But as we have seen, Senate confirmations can take quite some time. If he used the Vacancy Act to override the CFPB's line of succession just to prevent the deputy from becoming acting director while he looks for a permanent replacement, I think he would at least consider it in a scenario where Rosenstein would become the acting AG. While just a temporary solution, it would block Rosenstein from becoming the acting AG and Trump's stooge wouldn't be recused from the Mueller probe unlike Sessions. Then he has plenty of time to look for a permanent replacement that can get through the Senate.

Correct. But as we have seen, Senate confirmations can take quite some time. If he used the Vacancy Act to override the CFPB's line of succession just to prevent the deputy from becoming acting director while he looks for a permanent replacement, I think he would at least consider it in a scenario where Rosenstein would become the acting AG. While just a temporary solution, it would block Rosenstein from becoming the acting AG and Trump's stooge wouldn't be recused from the Mueller probe unlike Sessions. Then he has plenty of time to look for a permanent replacement that can get through the Senate.
Ok fine, maybe he will do that but, but we were just brainstorming what ****ed up bigot Trump would unleash on our people.

That is my concern, not really the petty political moves he will make in the interim

Back
Top Bottom