***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Bruh, just say send them back home, these are not criminals man, these are poor circumstancial victims looking for a better life, you don’t want them here, just send them on their way back where they came from, prosecuting them and locking them WITH their children isn’t the answer either.

now in YOUR opinion
do you think the MAJORITY
of asians care about the plight of black folks issues

In my opinion, yes. It’s the older/first gen or rich/upper class Asians who side with WS and are racist and/or trump supporters. And they’re dying out (literally)

The younger/second gen/poorer Asians are aware of these things, especially now that these issues and incidences are at the forefront. My parents are in their 60s and hate what’s happening now.

Active or organizing? Nah. But care id say so.

Interesting. Always felt its like a "not my business, not my fault" type of thing with Asians and other groups, young or old. Nothing wrong with that.

Makes me think of the elite public school situation going on in NYC right now with Asian students.

In my opinion, yes. It’s the older/first gen or rich/upper class Asians who side with WS and are racist and/or trump supporters.

The younger/second gen/poorer Asians are aware of these things, especially now that these issues and incidences are at the forefront.

Active or organizing? Nah. But care id say so.
but in order to care about something
wouldnt u have to be active and/or organizing
like i cant say yeah i care about my kids
but not being active
or doing anything meaningful in their lives
how am i caring
if im just saying i care but not doing anything
u get what i mean

To everyone complaining about these immigrants and all these kids... if you care so much about them why don't you adopt them, take them in, or send money to them... I shouldn't have to they are not my responsibility and they knew what the consequences were once they came here.

Would you as an american go to the middle east where ISIS is and announce yourself as such? No you wouldn't because you know the consequences so do these immigrants coming here and expecting me to pay their way.

Before anyone jumps on my bones... no that is not me :lol:

There is this guy I work with and I heard this dude on the phone telling someone that. We don't really talk about politics at my job, well I don't anymore, because it just leads to problems. This dude is a Trump supporter, Fox News is the holy bible for him, and everytime I get in one of our company vehicles he has conservative radio on channel 710 AM with Rush Limburg :smh:

Dude is the scumbag of scumbags for real for real.

Interesting. Always felt its like a "not my business, not my fault" type of thing with Asians and other groups, young or old. Nothing wrong with that.

Makes me think of the elite public school situation going on in NYC right now with Asian students.

It kinda is that way, in that it’s not much past sympathy from what you see on tv and then moving on, but there is feelings.

I have friends who were heavy into organizing in college so I might be biased based on seeing it on my feeds. My close friends who aren’t into politics like that are aware though.

To everyone complaining about these immigrants and all these kids... if you care so much about them why don't you adopt them, take them in, or send money to them... I shouldn't have to they are not my responsibility and they knew what the consequences were once they came here.

Would you as an american go to the middle east where ISIS is and announce yourself as such? No you wouldn't because you know the consequences so do these immigrants coming here and expecting me to pay their way.

There is this guy I work with and I heard this dude on the phone telling someone that. We don't really talk about politics at my job, well I don't anymore, because it just leads to problems. This dude is a Trump supporter, Fox News is the holy bible for him, and everytime I get in one of our company vehicles he has conservative radio on channel 710 AM with Rush Limburg :smh:

Coal Gang application is approved.

I suggest you invest in some nice Bose noise canceling headphones. Works like a charm.

but in order to care about something
wouldnt u have to be active and/or organizing
like i cant say yeah i care about my kids
but not being active
or doing anything meaningful in their lives
how am i caring
if im just saying i care but not doing anything
u get what i mean

Care as in empathy yes, care as in active/organizing no. I get what you mean, but I don’t see a lot of folks nowadays organizing in general for anything. I know friends from college who were in Filipino/Asian/PoC orgs, but not many. My circle of friends or Facebook feeds aren’t big though so this is all anecdotal. And I’ll admit I’m not active, I can barely organize myself :lol:

but I don’t see a lot of folks nowadays organizing in general for anything
Let me give a fruit for thought for this statement
How can you be considered active or organized in something when you aren't given the platform too.
Remember the Asian doctor that got dragged by police? There were actually joint protests by BLM and Asian activists. But that barely registered a blip on the mainstream media.

Remember the Asian doctor that got dragged by police? There were actually joint protests by BLM and Asian activists. But that barely registered a blip on the mainstream media.
i dont care if media picks up something or not
i just wish we all got out
and supported each other unconditionally more

Back
Top Bottom