***Official Political Discussion Thread***

whosontheballot.org

type your address and all info and see who’s on your states ticket.

The most important thing for liberals and the left to win is at least partial control of several States, which are currently under unified GOP control. If we can do that and do more of that in 2020), we will have much fairer elections in the 2020's and from their Control of Congress, the ability to pack the courts, the ability to create new States and therefore bring Federal representation in line with the National electorate which is center left and drifting ever leftward.

Tomorrow night, if we can grab control of one Chamber of the Congress, it would be a thorn in Trump's side but I'd be okay with coming up short of winning the US House or Senate but turning GOP controlled states into mixed States and mixed States into Democratic controlled States. Protecting the integrity of the 2020 election by repelling laws that suppress the vote as well as insuring clean redistricting in the early 2020's, is the top priority.

It’s surprised me to see so many people in this thread talking about MD governors race and PG county. I work in PG county but live in Virginia. If I lived in MD I would vote for Jealous no questions asked. Hogan is in bed with rich white people, including those in my industry that control it and want that to continue as long as possible. On my way to the polls in Virginia now to vote all Dem.

OH IT'S SHOWTIME? LET'S GET THIS MONEY EQUALITY!!!!!!
tumblr_ns3t4g7yvs1sps56eo1_400.gif
BLUE WAVE BABY!!!!
giphy.gif

Fear not comrades I am still woking undercover to infiltrate the libs. They don't suspect a thing. долго живущий папа владимир

Last edited:
I live in MD, PG to be exact, I'll give a quick rundown on Hogan.

IMO, Hogan is a lot worse than ppl think he is, he's just been highly shielded by a largely Dem. Maryland senate.

- He vetoed a bill that required employers to provide paid sick days, the senate overruled his veto.
- Vetoed a bill giving 40,000 felons the right to vote, also overruled by senate
- Gutted funding for a public transit line in a low-income (black) section of Baltimore
- Tried to drastically cut school funding even tho a lot of Baltimore and PG schools are in shambles
- Opposes recreational marijuana which could bring signifcant revenue.

He's gotten a pass cuz state senate has kept him in check and he's not a Trump supporter. But in different political times, he wouldn't appear so "moderate".

He's not as moderate as he wants people to believe... To add what you provided, he's received tons of koch bros dough & he's refused to sign legislation to protect the LGBT community including proposing a tax credit that would not stop schools from discriminating based on sexual orientation and gender identity (see link below).

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-tax-credit-letter-20150403-story.html

To also add what you said about schools, he wants to cut an additional $275 million from the school/education budget in his next term. He called the teachers unions in MD "thugs" on several occasions to.

My wife's godmother is the long time Baltimore City teacher's union prez. I'm not particularly fond of unions but I've known this lady for 22 years now & she's an uncommonly decent & nice person.

She & my mother in law helped me sync with groups when I did tons of volunteer work in the city. I put in 14 years of 20-30 hours a week volunteering (in addition to working a full time job).

My mother in law was a Baltimore City elementary school teacher for 40 years... 40 YEARS!!! 28 of those at Bentalou Elementary school which has been renamed after a beloved principle that passed away from Cancer.

Don't get bamboozled by his moderate public image. A vote for him is a vote for the deplorable in chief & for white supremacy/white nationalism.

Edit - My mother in law sent me a text just now of a meme that said voting is like driving, R if you want to go backwards & D if you want to move forward... >D:lol:

Last edited:
Will be voting after I get off work today. Taking my mom and brother with me so we can vote together. Grandma already voted this morning.
Trying to turn Mississippi blue because the Republicans have controlled this state for many years, yet we're still one of the worst states to live in. This is why all of us will be voting Democrat and hopefully help Mike Espy get the victory.

Wish they would have included important things on this ballot like changing the state flag, increasing minimum wage and legalizing marijuana.

How dare those so-called "christians" :smh: Do they not know that these people are the downfall of society and that Obergefell only made it a matter of time before they destroy the nuclear family foundation?
https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-steve-king-slams-gop-for-not-discriminating-against-gay-candidates
Rep. Steve King Slams GOP for Not Discriminating Against Gay Candidates
Congressman Steve King (R-IA) criticized the National Republican Congressional Committee for not discriminating against gay candidates. “They sent money over to support a candidate in a primary in California who had a same-sex partner that they put all over glossy mailers,” King said at a campaign event over the weekend that became public Monday. “That’s hard to write a check to those guys when they do that, so I’m hoping we get conservative leadership in the House.” The head of the NRCC last week rebuked King for supporting white nationalist views. Earlier Monday, King raised eyebrows when he made a crack about two liberal members of the U.S. Supreme Court, saying he hoped Justices Elana Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor “will elope to Cuba.”

Back
Top Bottom