***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It irks me
When they call aca
Obamacare
The way they use it seems so damn derogatory
Cracks me up how folks talk about they hate it blah blah blah
When they usually be the ones who end up needing it the most
It's in line with the systematic villainization of Black existence in this country.

Armed black man = criminal/revolutionary

Educated black man = uppity/revolutionary

Black man with weed = lazy drug dealer

Black man in a nice car/nice clothes = stolen/can't afford it/crook

Black man moving in a neighborhood = property values decrease/crime increases

"Nice neighborhood" = no black people

Want people to hate something in the US? Put a black face on it.

Why do you think Kentucky shied away from "Obamacare" to implement the ACA? They love it over there, they just don't know it's Obamacare.

The disinformation campaign talking point is kind of weird. Whether from Russia, or other interest groups, the information is taken by people who agree or are susceptible to it. One on the left could argue that Fox news is a 24/7 disinformation campaign. Just as one on the right could argue the same in regards to MSNBC.
I don't find it weird at all. A foreign government took advantage of social media to spread false information in attempt to sway our election in their favor. I guess we can agree to disagree, though.

In addition, you have to account for the fact that the indirect nature of elections gives less weight to the aggregate vote count than where the votes come from.
This is a good point and one that, as a California resident, really pisses me off.

Foreign interference in your elections is just like cable TV brahs. No need to worry.

If they are hacking into ballot boxes and changing votes, that is one thing.

Pretending to be a group that posts the exact same information is not that different that the news cycle that many consider to be disinformation. In my very humble opinion.

So Trump in his favor has a propaganda campaign from a foreign government, a cable TV network that peddles lies nearly around the lock in support of Trump, voter suppression taregting college students and black people, disenfranchisement campaigns against black people, and a electoral system that skews the resualts away from the will of the people.

But let some clowns tell it Trump will get reelected because he is for the working man and people are tired of "identity politics".

So Trump in his favor has a propaganda campaign from a foreign government, a cable TV network that peddles lies nearly around the lock in support of Trump, voter suppression taregting college students and black people, disenfranchisement campaigns against black people, and a electoral system that skews the resualts away from the will of the people.

But let some clowns tell it Trump will get reelected because he is for the working man and people are tired of "identity politics".

There are campaigns by many that do the exact opposite. That work against voter suppression and disenfranchisement. Tons of networks and groups bash President Trump on a daily/hourly basis. Not to mention shows like my cartoon president, SNL routines, late night comedians, etc. If one wants a counter-narrative they are not difficult to find. No matter your position. To act as if it is somehow one-sided or skewed in Trump's favor seems a bit disingenuous.

He was real quiet when they caught some ballot stuffing helping the GOP in NC.

Real quiet.
I can't even dignify it with honest discussion anymore.

Much easier to just laugh at the hypocrisy of it all. There's no way someone could be covered in this much irony and ignorance, man.:lol:

I don't have the energy for these internet personalities anymore. I'll just be taking my laughs and going.:lol:

I think what one of dwalk's goals has always been is trying to reduce the left down to the right so that he can argue that the right isn't so bad. He conveniently mentioned that people can argue networks like MSNBC spread false information so that he can then claim that everyone does this.

I can't even dignify it with honest discussion anymore.

Much easier to just laugh at the hypocrisy of it all. There's no way someone could be covered in this much irony and ignorance, man.:lol:

I don't have the energy for these internet personalities anymore. I'll just be taking my laughs and going.:lol:

Gotta do what's best for you. Mental health is important.

I think what one of dwalk's goals has always been is trying to reduce the left down to the right so that he can argue that the right isn't so bad. He conveniently mentioned that people can argue networks like MSNBC spread false information so that he can then claim that everyone does this.

I mentioned Fox News as well. Fair and balanced my friend. Fair and balanced.

giphy.gif

b8keh.png

There are campaigns by many that do the exact opposite. That work against voter suppression and disenfranchisement. Tons of networks and groups bash President Trump on a daily/hourly basis. Not to mention shows like my cartoon president, SNL routines, late night comedians, etc. If one wants a counter-narrative they are not difficult to find. No matter your position. To act as if it is somehow one-sided or skewed in Trump's favor seems a bit disingenuous.
Man shut **** up with this false equivalency.

And SNL skits are not a counter to the electoral college giving rendering millions of votes pointless.

Get out the vote campaigns are not, and should not, be a counter to voter suppression.

You *** stay defending racist policies. I need my man @wavycrocket to post that Malcolm X video where he talks about black agents being used to talk against demands of for civil rights. Because that is what you are.

And SNL skits are not a counter to the electoral college giving rendering millions of votes pointless.

Get out the vote campaigns are not, and should not, be a counter to voter suppression.

You *** stay defending racist policies.
Then when we call him on that, he'll spin around and say 'but I'm black.'

Like I said, I don't have it in me to deal with these internet personalities honestly anymore. I'd be more than willing to discuss things with people in person, as I have and still do...but you can't maintain false backgrounds and facades in person. Makes sense that a large group of people only do their debating online.

You *** stay defending racist policies.

So you are against the idea of the electoral college? That is interesting, but both candidates knew the rules prior to running.

I am not talking get-out-to-vote campaigns. I am talking blocking voter-ID laws, preventing certain poll locations from closing, etc.

My point is that there are groups fighting for their version of "right" on all sides. I do not think that the left is outnumbered by the right in terms of active groups. I would argue that the vast majority of coverage of President Trump is negative.

Back
Top Bottom