***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'General' started by rico x hood, Oct 4, 2012.

1. aepps20

aepps20

When our President Elect shutdown the government and EMBARRASSED LIBS in my best Marv Albert voice I said, "OH WHAT A SPECTACULAR MOVE BY DONALD JORDAN ".

2. whywesteppin

whywesteppin

"not in cash" is an interesting way to describe being in debt.

"how are you going to be paying for your bill today?"

"not in cash." *jumps out window into escape vehicle*

RustyShackleford and gry60 like this.
  3. chao7

chao7

Most people here understand this already, but:

4. whywesteppin

whywesteppin

Yes, Coal Gang knows very well how construction goes. They're going to run into Coal deposits every step of the way. The wall will pay for itself. Contractors will be bidding to PAY themselves to have the opportunity to work on the wall. It'll finish ahead of schedule. The entire team of Avengers is reportedly coming down to the Southern Border to help, as are the aliens who built the pyramids.

So the answer is YES. We understand this already. I'm a licensed coal miner who once built a split rail fence around my garden so I'm literally the world's expert on wall construction, cooking fries, legal advice, and pseudoscientific studies on human behavior and its link to genetics (and, yes, those studies are peer reviewed by the leading pseudoscientists in the world).

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  5. dacomeup

dacomeup

Is she an expert on fences, though?

6. blastercombo

blastercombo

Funny thing about the potential wall building is that illegals will be the ones building it. History literally repeating itself

fargin and whywesteppin like this.
  7. blastercombo

blastercombo

Well they’re the same so yes

8. chao7

chao7

Of course. She's also well-versed in wheels.

9. blastercombo

blastercombo

Ok ok whatever, here’s the bottom line. Donald is also an expert in walls so......there

RustyShackleford and Diego Pasta like this.
  10. Belgium

Belgium formerly colombia

11. gry60

gry60

12. aepps20

aepps20

Nothing but Fax upon facts upon facsimile B. Coal mining is exactly like fence construction. In FACT, mining in the mines under Manhattan is way harder.

13. blastercombo

blastercombo

Here’s what I get every time I mention a degree “you think you’re soooooo smart becuase you have a degree????????”

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  14. InTheHallway

InTheHallway

To suggest that "inexpensive" drones will be able to pick a person up and actually be quoted as credible is absolutely ridiculous ...

I work in public policy and have been intimately involved with the FAA regulations re: drones ... Not only is the tech simply nowhere near achieving anything approaching the economical and accurate retrieval and extraction of something weighing roughly 150 lbs., there is no appetite to mainstream the use of drones in this manner ... A success article here and there showing a rogue drone experiment does not a policy make ...

And before anyone asks or suggests, I am an operational industrial engineer ... I have coincidentally earned advanced degrees in two of the hottest topics on America's mind today - engineering and economics lol ...

15. Nike Jordan

Nike Jordan

gwap, frink85 and whywesteppin like this.
  16. whywesteppin

whywesteppin

I never realized Chris Rock straight up stole the logo from the Rockies.

edit: I said this as a joke, but apparently he really did just use a Rockies logo. lol

Nike Jordan likes this.
  17. jking0821

jking0821

Just out of curiosity though amazon has drones that can carry boxes so why is it out of the realm of possibility to think that in 10 years we won’t see advancements to carry a bigger payload.

I agree that I think it’s unlikley honestly. But I wouldn’t be shocked if it happened. The thought of “cheap” propulsion to carry something that heavy seems like a stretch.

18. whywesteppin

whywesteppin

I still remember that one night deep in the mines when you came down with flu-like symptoms but you insisted on working the entire shift. You mined a record amount of coal that day. We had to carry you on our arms back to your bed. It was a heroic performance. Little did we know at the time that it was the first signs of your black lung emerging. What a great day. And yes, I am a coal mining engineer. I completed internet degrees in the three hottest fields in America today -- coal mining, black lung, fence building, and, in a course personally taught by EWD himself, droning.

But in all seriousness... yes, it's tough to lift a human in a drone, but it's possible:

Sure, it's big and costly, but it'd just require a short trip to carry each person across.

Here's a Wired article talking about a fake and then a real video showing this: https://www.wired.com/story/can-a-drone-carry-a-full-grown-human-in-a-hammock/

19. erupt

erupt

There is something wrong with you man :rofl:

20. aepps20

aepps20

Greatest day of my life B. Some fans call it the Flu Game but nothing about mining is a game.

Me during our lunch break. Our shift supervisor didn't think I would make it.

6AXm.gif

michael-jordan-flu-game-1.gif

My comrade @whywesteppin helping me out of the mines after the heroic effort.

InsignificantVioletArkshell-size_restricted.gif

jthagreat, jsindaa, Chopper and 13 others like this.
  21. whywesteppin

whywesteppin

Later that night celebrating your black lung at the Coal Club (I rolled that cigar with coal dust myself):

200.gif

jsindaa, Chopper, big panda and 10 others like this.
  22. aepps20

aepps20

With my signature jeans.

jsindaa, noskey, biggie62 and 3 others like this.
  23. sonoftony

sonoftony

Coal Gang, it's too early to be wildin' like this :rofl: :rofl:

24. whywesteppin

whywesteppin

Uncle Zelle got those for you when you were just a kid, on your birthday. He claimed he got them from that fancy mall with the piano but we all know they were hand-me-downs.

25. Belgium

Belgium formerly colombia

Excerpt:
    CMS is hoping to make an announcement early this year, but it could be further delayed by legal review, which has already been slowed by the prolonged government shutdown.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/11/trump-bypass-congress-medicaid-plan-1078885
    Trump wants to bypass Congress on Medicaid plan
    Block grants for states would achieve conservative dream on health program for poor.
    The Trump administration is quietly devising a plan bypassing Congress to give block grants to states for Medicaid, achieving a longstanding conservative dream of reining in spending on the health care safety net for the poor.

Three administration sources say the Trump administration is drawing up guidelines on what could be a major overhaul of Medicaid in some states. Instead of the traditional open-ended entitlement, states would get spending limits, along with more flexibility to run the low-income health program that serves nearly 75 million Americans, from poor children, to disabled people, to impoverished seniors in nursing homes.

Capping spending could mean fewer low-income people getting covered, or state-designated cutbacks in health benefits — although proponents of block grants argue that states would be able to spend the money smarter with fewer federal strings attached.