***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Bruh been woke for 5 years.

Back in 2010 he was talking about the merits of affordable health care and other libbie nonsense but something went off inside him once the Honkerburger closed down. Then he saw the Donald on Apprentice. The rest is history.

THIS MAN GETS IT. I never liked Obummer (Voted for Maverick and Mittens) but I kept my opinions to myself. Then the Honker Burger was shutdown by an executive order signed by Obummer. I had enough of Libs, Dims and Dums hurting the working man. I also realized that the most racist people around worked for Obummer (Holder and Hills). whywesteppin whywesteppin got me on Alex Jones and the rest is history. #MAGA, #SMASHMOUTHPOLITICS, #MLKWASACONSERVATIVE.

My wife gave me a hall pass for AOC
My wife asked me for a hall pass for AOC

The best part today was when AOC sardonically asked if the poisoned kids in Flint go to Davos.

I'll concede that in the 2000's, environmentalism, at least as it was presented through the mainstream of the Democratic Party, did have elite or at least upper middle class elements. Clean national parks are great for people who have the leisure time to go to them. Claiming to solve climate change by literally creating a property right out of thin air and giving it to Goldman Sachs and calling it cap and trade was not the most socially just way to try to bring down carbon emissions. The neoliberal, Pigou Society approach of jacking up the heating bills for the hoi polloi all the while doing nothing to address the fact that so many working families' ability to make rent hinges on saving $50, that is all gone.

We got the Green New Deal now and we are the verge of catastrophic climate change and its effects will be felt most severely by the most marginalized. Mitch McConnell can claim that the GND is only for the elite salons of Pacific Heights and gentrified neighborhoods in Brooklyn. He can claim such but environmental justice has been firmly oriented as a proletarian issue. Now it is opposition to climate change action that is the elite, out of touch position. Beyond the board rooms of Exxon and BP, the rest of humanity wants a zero carbon path and considers the massive redistribution required to do so to be a feature and not a bug.

The Green-Red-Black wave is coming for the reactionaries and it will not be kind to them.

For what it is worth, the Mueller report and this entire Russia matter has very little positive and very little negative effects on Trump's political fortunes. It is still banana republic af that it's not being reported but this obfuscation is not helping Trump in any way.

Now this report will never rival the Starr report when it comes to cultural importance. I remember it was the Autumn of 1998, I was a 14 year old boy and my friends and I were reading the especially salacious details of the Starr Report (written by one Brett Kavanaugh) and laughing and making obscene hand gestures. It was in that moment that I realized that politics was immensely entertaining and that to be apolitical was to deprive one's self of endless intrigue and entertainment.

Now this report will never rival the Starr report when it comes to cultural importance. I remember it was the Autumn of 1998, I was a 14 year old boy and my friends and I were reading the especially salacious details of the Starr Report (written by one Brett Kavanaugh) and laughing and making obscene hand gestures. It was in that moment that I realized that politics was immensely entertaining and that to be apolitical was to deprive one's self of endless intrigue and entertainment.
It was a coming of age summer for all us young boys. Bryan Adams Summer of '69 starts playing in my head as I reminisce. I remember taking a break from my civics class homework to read the Start report in US News and World Report. I had locked my room so my parents wouldn't walk in on me and, perhaps out of shame, hid even deeper under 2 layers of bed sheets. While the detailed description of the cigar scene was a very good read, it was the description of obstruction of justice and how Bill Clinton may be impeached for it that got me excited. To this day, I still can't get the magazine open again on account of the sticky pages.

I was 5 at the time and I knew, then and there, that justice would not be served until Hillary was locked up for her crimes.

Crazy seeing how much funding Trump is taking away from the military to allocate towards his wall. Kaep disrespects the troops though.

There’s one thing you can’t fake, and that’s real passion for these issues. I felt what she was saying, especially about children in the Bronx who have higher levels of asthma which are directly correlated to low grade heating oil and diesel fumes which more supported communities block out of their neighborhood. And that type of **** is just the tip of the iceberg that no one talks about.

More of this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom