***Official Political Discussion Thread***

We must remember that "the law" is the ego and tool of bourgeois capital. Therefore, it will not "take down" Trump because Trump, the quasi fascist strongman, is what capital wants at this stage.

In the early 1970's, capital had different interests and wanted a weaker Federal Executive. With Capitalism in decline, capital will want crueler Chief Executives hoarding increasing amounts of State power.

So, Liberals, best of luck trying to break Trump by way of the same institutions that enabled Trump. The only remedy to Trump is politics and not necessarily or at least not exclusively electoral politics.

Correct. The volume of such remarks and Trump's propensity for pathological lying suggest his claims of violence not being the answer etc should not be taken seriously.
the fact that you have to provide this context for your post only shows that dwalk31 dwalk31 is trolling and has no intention of changing despite the warnings from @Methodical Management
it's pretty sad, actually.

the fact that you have to provide this context for your post only shows that dwalk31 dwalk31 is trolling and has no intention of changing despite the warnings from @Methodical Management
it's pretty sad, actually.

He didn't have to provide any context, I was responding to a post by IATT IATT referencing a particular rally and the comments made by a crowdmember at said rally. He responded with a bunch of quotes from unrelated rallies. The fact that you choose to not discuss issues and instead continue this ridiculous troll narrative is pretty sad, actually.

nah, don’t try throwing that **** back on me when you’re the one caught doing your same ol’ shtick. be a man and take responsibility for your actions. stop acting like a little kid and grow up.

I'm not caught doing anything. I stand by everything I have posted. Period.

"Nonessentials" like food and looking decent LOL.

While some of these items seem a bit ridiculous to consider nonessential ( for example $90 on grooming monthly, and transportation), I think it is pretty clear they are talking restaurants, takeout, and drinks in excess of normal grocery shopping. You can eat without going to a restaurant, Starbucks or ordering delivery. You also probably don't need a monthly clothing allowance.

While some of these items seem a bit ridiculous to consider nonessential ( for example $90 on grooming monthly, and transportation), I think it is pretty clear they are talking restaurants, takeout, and drinks in excess of normal grocery shopping. You can eat without going to a restaurant, Starbucks or ordering delivery. You also probably don't need a monthly clothing allowance.
I think it's pretty clear they were also talking about the things you acknowledge are ridiculous to consider nonessential.

Neoliberals/conservatives have made an artform out of weaponizing career and personal financial advice. When they say "get a second job," "downgrade your phone," "get roommates (or additional roommates)," "learn to code," "reduce your food budget" they DGAF about helping you. They are doing two things. They are tacitly admitting that our economic system cannot provide basic needs, let alone any creature comforts, to people who center their whole lives around work (40 hour work week is really 50-60 hours if we count commuting, lunch, downtime). The other thing they are doing is telling you that capitalism cannot ever fail, it can only be failed and it is being failed by your inability to go from centering wage labor to allowing it to consume all of your waking hours. You are failing capitalism because you are not imposing enough austerity on yourself.

In a country with so much output and in an age with so much automation and in an economy that is so rich in capital, if workers got the full value of their labor, they could work far fewer hours and enjoy fantastic luxuries like food, shelter, brunch on Sunday and that greatest totem of decadence, a comb.

When need to stop bring to "bring Democracy to" outher countries and start to actually bring Democracy to your work space.

Neoliberals/conservatives have made an artform out of weaponizing career and personal financial advice. When they say "get a second job," "downgrade your phone," "get roommates (or additional roommates)," "learn to code," "reduce your food budget" they DGAF about helping you. They are doing two things. They are tacitly admitting that our economic system cannot provide basic needs, let alone any creature comforts, to people who center their whole lives around work (40 hour work week is really 50-60 hours if we count commuting, lunch, downtime). The other thing they are doing is telling you that capitalism cannot ever fail, it can only be failed and it is being failed by your inability to go from centering wage labor to allowing it to consume all of your waking hours. You are failing capitalism because you are not imposing enough austerity on yourself.

In a country with so much output and in an age with so much automation and in an economy that is so rich in capital, if workers got the full value of their labor, they could work far fewer hours and enjoy fantastic luxuries like food, shelter, brunch on Sunday and that greatest totem of decadence, a comb.

When need to stop bring to "bring Democracy to" outher countries and start to actually bring Democracy to your work space.

Avi to post ratio on point. I take it you are against the idea of capitalism as a whole?

Avi to post ratio on point. I take it you are against the idea of capitalism as a whole?
the scary part is that we are surrounded by ppl that think and feel exactly how you do despite reality staring them in their faces telling them they are wrong.

its like a bad movie. we're all on the titanic and posting and retweeting as it goes down about it going down.
smh.

Back
Top Bottom