***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You argue in bad faith and are impervious to facts. Here's one fact for you that you can wrestle with when you finally gain some appreciation for and desire to apply logic: there is no border patrol between Nevada and Cali to make sure that Americans with guns don't enter CA armed.

Huh? Are you advocating increased border security?

California has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. They literally have background checks. This is nonsensical and shows a lack of understanding of federal and state law.

But...this is the kind of stuff people run with...It’s provocative...it gets the people going.

These are fax but at the same time, the gun bills extend beyond a simple background checks.

anything done on the national level will def have an impact on the state level.

I don’t know how intricate the laws are in Cali, but based on Mitch rhetoric and actions, people will look at his negligence as part of the problem.

:nerd: :nerd:

Remember that Trump's attorneys have been arguing that the president enjoys complete immunity from any criminal investigation, and that this immunity extends to grand jury subpoenas to third parties like Trump's accounting firm, as well as associates closely linked to the president that are included in such a subpoena.
His attorneys literally told the appeals court that if Trump shot someone on 5th avenue, law enforcement should not be able to investigate him, period.
That argument leaves Congress to take up the tax matter, however Trump's attorneys are also arguing in another case that he does not have to comply with the law that says the Treasury Secretary "shall furnish any returns" upon written request by certain authorized Congressional committees.

Color me surprised.

For those who don't know, this is how dictatorships operate, especially those that are not obvious (due to the existence of other political parties): you've got your state TV parotting the official line and discrediting the opposition, you've got a legislative supermajority that ensures that the ruler's desires are never illegal (wanna run for another term after your term limits? Have Parliament amend the Constitution), you've got massive purges within government agencies to remove all real and perceived threats to your rule (see the deep state conspiracy theory and the "Obama holdover" qualifier), and you've got demographic scapegoating.

The US is in very bad shape currently.

These are fax but at the same time, the gun bills extend beyond a simple background checks.

anything done on the national level will def have an impact on the state level.

I don’t know how intricate the laws are in Cali, but based on Mitch rhetoric and actions, people will look at his negligence as part of the problem.

:nerd: :nerd:

lol now you know that was a weak response.

The bill on Mitch’s desk is far too attenuated from this shooting to take seriously as a cause. Come on...

Go go gadget reach on 100 today.

→ + A

The ability for folks in this thread to take nonsense and run with it is remarkable. Even by NT standards. :lol:
← + A

I have no idea if he is, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t.
↓ + A

Got it. No, the reports of unverified emails are not enough to move me from “I don’t know.”

It is unsurprising that is sufficient for others in here.
↑ + A

Bill-Russell-Not-Impressed.gif

Goofy *** ***** act like this a debate or something. Tf are you even arguing?

did I say it was the cause? I said people will look to his negligence as part of the problem, meaning he isn’t doing **** to curb gun violence.

yes, laws are strict in Cali, but him being the face of inaction on gun legislation will have him catching darts from **** that isn’t even related.

the goofiness is impressive in this one. trying to rustle jimmies off strength.

:lol: :lol:

Yikes

Gym Jordan's state. Just look at this ****:

The Ohio House on Wednesday passed the "Student Religious Liberties Act." Under the law, students can't be penalized if their work is scientifically wrong as long as the reasoning is because of their religious beliefs.

"What you saw didn't happen"

Gym Jordan's state. Just look at this ****:

"What you saw didn't happen"

This is how you get guys like Gym.

Too cowardly to address the mountain of improprieties surrounding his idol in any substantial manner

Then pops back up when there's a shooting so that he can disingenuously argue about gun control legislation

Repugnant behaviors

I was here before the shooting. And, I didn't even bring it up when it occurred. If there is any alleged impropriety that you want me to address I will.

Is this **** ever going to shrink down

Seems counterproductive to me to continue having more than 5 candidates in these debates. It only dilutes the content and importance of the process. Even engaged individuals won't watch. Also, how will new entrants track with regards to the process? If Bloomberg joins the race could he qualify for next debate or is there a threshold of donors he has to accumulate first?

They haven’t. In this case you can substitute “won’t” for refuse to. And it operates in the present. The “based on what we are seeing” is implied.

I haven’t seen any football all day that doesn’t mean I won’t in just over an hour.....

I haven’t seen any football all day that doesn’t mean I won’t in just over an hour.....

*sigh*

This is a tense issue that I hope I can break down for you.

Let me build on your analogy. Let's say it is Sunday night. And the Falcons are playing the Saints. You are watching an episode of Watchmen. Someone stops by and says why aren't you watching the game. Your friend responds, he won't watch it.

Won't in that sense is a refusal. It is present tense. Sure, you could decide to watch it. But perhaps you don't want to because Kaep isn't signed or because the Falcons have been slaw.

Hopefully that helped.

*sigh*

This is a tense issue that I hope I can break down for you.

Let me build on your analogy. Let's say it is Sunday night. And the Falcons are playing the Saints. You are watching an episode of Watchmen. Someone stops by and says why aren't you watching the game. Your friend responds, he won't watch it.

Won't in that sense is a refusal. It is present tense. Sure, you could decide to watch it. But perhaps you don't want to because Kaep isn't signed or because the Falcons have been slaw.

Hopefully that helped.

Sunday night nfl games start at 8:20 and last roughly 3 hours

watchmen starts at 9 and lasts an hour

unless my team is playing, I watch both

I watch the nfl game until 9 and then turn back to the game at 10 when watchmen is done

Back
Top Bottom