***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Or...Or... hear me out, it could mean I’m not going to search thousands of pages of the political discussion thread to find the discussion related to all of the pictures Trump has with celebrities.

This sounds like a great excuse. In fact, it’s probably convincing to some people. But, I know for a fact that what you’re saying is not true.

Do you think the photos that Trump has with people confirm that he and those people are close and/or have allegiance to one another?
You make a false generalizing statement and then ask people what they actually think? lol. You might claim your intent isn’t to troll, but your actions suggest you are trolling.

Do you discuss the GOP supressing the votes of black people with your professional friends?

Yes, actually. I have friends that believe that voter-ID laws are per se racist. I’ve got friends that feel like we should be working to make sure that black people have IDs instead of subscribing to the idea that black people are inherently less likely to have government-issued IDs.

Personally, I feel that access to these IDs, if they are required to vote, is important. Voter ID laws, coupled with legislation to provide easy access to obtain the required IDs, can pass the smell test.

But that brings it to the intent vs. impact discussion.

But mockingly asking for evidence isn’t sea-lioning?

I’m trying to understand why you would jump to the conclusion that I was mockingly asking for evidence. The best I can come up with is that you knew you were full of ****, you got called out, and all you can do is project at this point.

Henchman.

He worked for Giuliani "as part of his representation for mr. Trump", and Giuliani operates at the direction of his client. John Dowd, personally approved to represent Parnas by Trump himself, instructed Parnas to invoke executive privilege in his first court hearing.

I’m going to look into this more prior to commenting. I thought it was a more attenuated role that he worked in years ago.

I’m trying to understand why you would jump to the conclusion that I was mockingly asking for evidence. The best I can come up with is that you knew you were full of ****, you got called out, and all you can do is project at this point.

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford surmised it was mocking. I just used his language. Probably a better question for him.

I’m going to look into this more prior to commenting. I thought it was a more attenuated role that he worked in years ago.
WaPo reported that Parnas sold condos for Fred Trump in the 80s, which is probably what you're thinking of.

Here's Dowd's letter. Yes he really did send it in Comic Sans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...nt-calendar/pdf/dowd-letter-to-committees.pdf
32fbecffc9d0396a26b67dc81ed1c65f.png

96d8241813b9320601091ed50918811c.png

https://www.thedailybeast.com/giuli...man-plead-not-guilty-in-campaign-finance-case
b6c5ef941d65c0822a4bfdee27a0c228.png

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford surmised it was mocking. I just used his language. Probably a better question for him.
I can't answer for you.

Plus I think I said dude was being sincere, he was just mocking your previous trolling. So he could have been taking a jab while making a sincere request he knew would expose your BS.

I could have been wrong too though :smile:

Also you, not me, is the one that insincerely accused dude of sea lioning.

Last edited:
WaPo reported that Parnas sold condos for Fred Trump in the 80s, which is probably what you're thinking of.

Here's Dowd's letter. Yes he really did send it in Comic Sans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...nt-calendar/pdf/dowd-letter-to-committees.pdf
32fbecffc9d0396a26b67dc81ed1c65f.png

96d8241813b9320601091ed50918811c.png

https://www.thedailybeast.com/giuli...man-plead-not-guilty-in-campaign-finance-case
b6c5ef941d65c0822a4bfdee27a0c228.png

How can Parnas invoke executive privilege?

Putting aside any discussion related to the authenticity of that letter and/or its seriousness, it seems to link Parnas to Giuliani (sp?) not Trump.

I member when everyone in here said the countless pictures Trump has with people doesn’t mean that he supports them or had their support or worked with them at all. In fact, despite said pictures, he is still labeled as a clear racist by many in here.

See countless pictures of him with rappers, other celebrities, etc.

Now pictures mean allegiance?

I also remember when everyone in here except you said that Roy Moore was a disgusting guy that shouldn't be around kids.

How can Parnas invoke executive privilege?

Putting aside any discussion related to the authenticity of that letter and/or its seriousness, it seems to link Parnas to Giuliani (sp?) not Trump.
The letter is real, as much as the Comic Sans suggests otherwise. Giuliani works for Trump and Parnas assisted Giuliani in his work for Trump.
There's not really any degree of separation there. Parnas was also in direct communication with Jay Sekulow, the lead lawyer on Trump's legal team.
It was Jay Sekulow who told John Dowd in an email that Trump personally signed off on his representation of Parnas.

Parnas isn't the one who would do the actual invoking obviously, that's not how it works, you're a lawyer and you know this. Dowd made the assertion that some of the "voluminous" materials SDNY seized from Parnas were subject to executive privilege protections and that Trump might want to invoke it.

Parnas and Fruman at that time were in a joint defense agreement with Giuliani. Fruman still is, Parnas fired Dowd and dropped out after Trump denied knowing him.

Didn't take long for Hyde to change his story already after being incriminated. Now "my buddy's and I" "playing with som dweeb" turns into one single "other person" who is just "some intel guy" and "democratic plant" who was "just ****ing with me."

At least put some effort into the lie. Wonder which version he gave to the FBI when they were at his house and office yesterday.
And let's be honest, this man would have trouble climbing a long set of stairs, let alone volcanoes.

Last edited:
I travel a good bit. I’m saying this is what I hear aside from NYC, DC, and Cali. A lot of black professionals don’t openly discuss views that are considered conservative for fear of retaliation in my experience. But I’ve got tons of progressive, and moderate liberal friends as well.

But surely this is a venue to discuss personal experiences as well as polling data.
You keep saying a lot of black people or category of black people do this, but you only have anecdotal evidence of it. Clearly, anecdotal experiences as able to be discussed, but you're extrapolating anecdotal experiences for a population of 41 million people in this country into conclusory statements which data actually says the exact opposite of. Its misleading and not factual.

You keep saying a lot of black people or category of black people do this, but you only have anecdotal evidence of it. Clearly, anecdotal experiences as able to be discussed, but you're extrapolating anecdotal experiences for a population of 41 million people in this country into conclusory statements which data actually says the exact opposite of. Its misleading and not factual.

I didn't say the majority or assign a percentage to anything. Simply said a lot. I didn't overstate it and that's why I said that it is anecdotal. If polls say the vast majority feel differently, I have no issue deferring to the polls.

The issue is that lot of people don't realize that many black professionals feel that way. I am just acknowledging that perspective.

"Many" , "a lot"... Prove it. The 100 people that you've met don't make it many, if there are even that many. There are 41 million black people in this country. What is a lot of that? Even when people try to engage in discourse with you, you can't even be genuine.

"Many" , "a lot"... Prove it. The 100 people that you've met don't make it many, if there are even that many. There are 41 million black people in this country. What is a lot of that? Even when people try to engage in discourse with you, you can't even be genuine.

Dude on that Tommy Pickles bigger than the biggest bigger way of quantifying scope.

Prove it? How would I go about proving anecdotal evidence aside from my word?

"Many" and "a lot" are relative terms, as you know. The fact that you subjectively added a value to it doesn't make my statement misleading. Even if it was misleading to you, initially, me stating it was anecdotal clarified any misunderstanding you may have had.

You asking me to prove it. . . probably doesn't count as sea lioning (but would if I said it).

Earlier you said you feel you make an insane amount of money. Based on your personal perspective. Surely data could show whether it is actually "insane" or not relative to incomes in America. But it wasn't necessary to go down that road. Clearly your statement was subjective.

You don't need polls to use the words "many" or "a lot."

Back
Top Bottom