***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Every Bernie Supporter ain't a bro if that's what you're getting at.

1579631654148.png

These percentages. If you said to yourself "ok my first choice Bernie didn't win the party nomination, time to vote for Trump", you a bro to me.

got it. Makes sense.

I feel like when people say “Bernie Bro” they’re trying to denigrate all supporters of Bernie B/c the actions of a few and make them as a hole to be an unreasonable group.

This chart highlights there’s a considerable voting bloc that can be flipped if you run a populist campaign, b/c that’s kinda what Trumpito did.

I’d be curious to see these numbers for other cross voters, like the 2x Obama voter.

Maybe you guys can weaponize words like "establishment" and "neoliberal" as a way to launch ad hominem attacks against that dare disagree with Bernie.

Or maybe ascribe the bad act of the most right of the left wing coalition, to all liberals. No matter how progressive they are.

Spare us the victim act famb.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear in my first post.

bernie bro = supporter of Bernie

Votong bloc, as in group of people that vote, not the politician themselves.

I normally hear those comments referred to centrist Democrat politicians that are okay with Illegal wars and want to maintain the current system where rich people and corps have more power than the people.

Also, your condescending dismounts are hilarious, especially when you think you made a good point (not saying you don’t make good points b/c you do)

It’s always a cherry on top. Kinda like a “good day sir!” or an “indubitably”

“spare us the victim act famb”

:rofl: :rofl:

The defense counsel is just spewing rhetoric but won’t talk about the key of the issue. Simply filling the hour with words. Yadda yadda yadda “Ridiculous” “it’s outrageous”

Anyone what doesn't unify to help the Dems take down Trump and the GOP is a complicit idiot

If Bernie wins the nomination, everyone needs to unify behind the ticket. Same if it is anyone else.

yup.. hell i'd go further.. dems need to be all hands of deck for all the candidates on the ticket.. for example, getting susan collins up out the paint should be a major major MAJOR priority

Sorry, I wasn’t clear in my first post.

bernie bro = supporter of Bernie

Votong bloc, as in group of people that vote, not the politician themselves.

I normally hear those comments referred to centrist Democrat politicians that are okay with Illegal wars and want to maintain the current system where rich people and corps have more power than the people.

Also, your condescending dismounts are hilarious, especially when you think you made a good point (not saying you don’t make good points b/c you do)

It’s always a cherry on top. Kinda like a “good day sir!” or an “indubitably”

“spare us the victim act famb”

:rofl: :rofl:
No one in here, especially not me, has called all Bernie supporters Bernie Bros.

Many Bernie supporters call regular people and organizations that too. Bernie called women's groups that endorsed Hillary "establishment"

People in the Bernie supporting media call all kinds of liberal progressives "neoliberals" as an attack for supporting for disagreeing with Bernie.

Bernie supporters in here have called me a neoliberal, corporatist, and other nonsense for saying things critical of Bernie. Rex's recent post is proof enough of a Bernie supporter wanting to paint liberals with a wide brush

Oh yeah, before I forget...

So please spare me.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
What's that got to do with the price of tea in China? I'm talking about the ones who didn't. You asked me who I think a bro is, I told you.
It has everything to do with it because folks have been trying to paint Sanders supporters as unreasonable ideologues who doomed Clinton in 2016 and who will doom whoever the Dem nominee is in 2020 if it isn't Sanders. You literally said yourself that "we're doomed" due to this supposed dynamic.

So I pointed out the reality that the defection of a relatively small percentage of Sanders primary voters in 2016 fits squarely within the typical pattern of voter behavior—and, indeed, was less pronounced a dynamic than Hillary primary voters abandoning Obama for McCain in 2008.

So why single out Bernie Bros in your scenario, when a percentage of Dem primary voters will defect in the general no matter who the nominee ends up being?

Pete's so full of it :lol:

sidenote: there is someone in my neighborhood who actually grows corn in their yard :lol:
First time I saw it I was so confused. Who the **** grows corn in the bronx? :lol:

Corn in a yard? :lol:
I'd still be confused if I saw corn in someone's yard even in my small rural town. Plenty of corn around but nobody grows it in their yard.

I guess Trump's defense team is hoping to bore everyone to death, so that nobody will pay attention to the proceedings.

Corn in a yard? :lol:
I'd still be confused if I saw corn in someone's yard even in my small rural town. Plenty of corn around but nobody grows it in their yard.
Yeah, just lining their gate :lol: There's not a lot that surprises me any more in this city but that completely threw me off. They've done it 2 years in a row so far. Idk how they keep the local vermin from eating it. I don't see a scarecrow :lol:

Back
Top Bottom