***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Of course, the US Attorney's Office handling most of the cases transfered out from the Mueller investigation.
https://apnews.com/940f5fb382a31399544429a700e56385
AP Exclusive: Barr names new U.S. attorney in DC
Attorney General William Barr on Thursday named Timothy Shea, one of his closest advisers, to be the next top prosecutor in the nation’s capital.

Shea will lead the largest United States attorney’s office in the country, which has been historically responsible for some of the most significant and politically sensitive cases the Justice Department brings in the U.S.

He is a senior counselor to the attorney general and was Barr’s right-hand man helping institute reforms at the federal Bureau of Prisons after Jeffrey Epstein’s death at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City.

As the U.S. attorney in the District of Columbia, Shea would oversee some of the lingering cases from special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, along with a number of politically charged investigations. The office is also generally responsible for handling potential prosecutions if Congress finds a witness in contempt.

Dude, if there was a young white guy that believe in progressive economics, and had regressive social views, he was already voting Bernie in the primary. And these voters are not gonna swarm the polls and hand him the victory.

Signal boosting boosting Rogan just reenforces a negative view many had about Bernie.

So I will maintain that this was a dumb move strategically because Sanders is not running for President right now.

I would argue the people with these specific views in the electorate are an unpersuadable tiny minority of party elites who would never vote for him anyways.

Yes I am sure this whole Rogan thing is gonna putting him ahead with the older black church going women that he needs to win over.

Famb if someone is a white person that has regressive social views, but still leads left, Bernie was probably already their guy.

you'd be surprised at the **** that can pop into an older person's facebook feed.

"Bernie taking fire from the work left" i can totally imagine being the tipping point for an older white un woke person deciding to pull the lever for Bernie.

I would argue the people with these specific views in the electorate are an unpersuadable tiny minority of party elites who would never vote for him anyways.

you'd be surprised at the **** that can pop into an older person's facebook feed.

"Bernie taking fire from the work left" i can totally imagine being the tipping point for an older white un woke person deciding to pull the lever for Bernie.
But those older white voter top two choices were probably Biden and Bernie.

Biden pisses off the left daily, but this one instance gonna put Bernie over? Are we forgetting that Bernie has his own online buffoon squad, that jumps on Joe for everything.

And what about progressives that were deciding between Warren and Bernie. I really don't buy that the only people that take issue with Bernie are party elites that would never vote for him anyway. There are legit reasons not to vote for Bernie, especially when there is another progressive option.

There is a cost benefit to every politicial move, but at this point I just don't buy your argument that there is nothing but upside with this play. At the end of the day it just look like a minor goof to me.

Famb I really just think that Bernie pissed off people you find annoying, so you are backfilling your defense from there. This made Bernie's candidacy more attractive to you, so you are defending the move :lol:

The whistleblower caught him during the scheme, and when Congress publicly raised the issue Trump ordered the lifting of the hold.

I thought we were discussing whether or not he committed an impeachable offense. But for the democratic majority, I don’t believe he would have.

The other poster ostensibly believes that but for the republican majority in the Senate, he’d be removed.

My spidey sense tells me that the Senate vote of acquittal will be more bipartisan than the house vote for impeachment. As the senate is supposed to be the more sober of the two.

But those older white voter top two choices were probably Biden and Bernie.

Biden pisses off the left daily, but this one instance gonna put Bernie over? Are we forgetting that Bernie has his own online buffoon squad, that jumps on line for everything.

And what about progressives that were deciding between Warren and Bernie. I really don't buy that the only people that take issue with Bernie are party elites that would never vote for him anyway. There are legit reasons not to vote for Bernie.

There is a cost benefit to every politicial move, but at this point I just don't buy your argument that there is nothing but upside with this play. At the end of the day it just look like a minor goof to me.

Famb I really just think that Bernie pissed off people you find annoying, so you are backfilling your defense from there. This made Bernie more attractive to you, so you are defending the move :lol:

I mean i find bernie and his supporters super annoying, i think im on the record ****ting on bernie people as a bunch of whiny losers who refuse to take the L. :lol:

I thought we were discussing whether or not he committed an impeachable offense. But for the democratic majority, I don’t believe he would have.

The other poster ostensibly believes that but for the republican majority in the Senate, he’d be removed.

My spidey sense tells me that the Senate vote of acquittal will be more bipartisan than the house vote for impeachment. As the senate is supposed to be the more sober of the two.

just make sure to at least smell the special juice before drinking it at the end

#cult45

also Biden may piss off the left he's still an establishment figure, Bernies independent branding, means he can position himself as someone who is going to "change things in washington" but still un woke conservative branding wise.

You said you don't believe he was "caught red handed."
That's demonstrably false, he was caught while the scheme was ongoing.

You said you don't believe he was "caught red handed."
That's demonstrably false, he was caught while the scheme was ongoing.

Red-handed implies something illegal.

I don’t believe that to be the case. Ostensibly the House didn’t either as they didn’t include bribery in the articles. Nor do I believe he did anything that rises to the level of impeachment.

also Biden may piss off the left he's still an establishment figure, Bernies independent branding, means he can position himself as someone who is going to "change things in washington" but still un woke conservative branding wise.
Brah Everytime Biden walks that reaching across the aisle steez or coddles moderates, the left flip out. :lol:

Bernie's appeal is partially this "independence", but also coddles white people, and he peddles some remixed Regan rhetoric on the Democratic Party to white folk with regressive racial views. And it comes off as really authentic because Bernie himself only started to getting woke in 2016.

Red-handed implies something illegal.

I don’t believe that to be the case. Ostensibly the House didn’t either as they didn’t include bribery in the articles. Nor do I believe he did anything that rises to the level of impeachment.
It doesn’t matter if you don’t believe it to be illegal.
The Government accountability Office A non partisan office said withholding the aid was breaking the law. Last I checked breaking the law is an illegal act.

you can believe What you want but that doesnt makes you right

Oh another unrated thing about Bernie is that he uses the power of negative partisanship.

By putting so much blame on the Democratic Party (some fair, some unfair) for the current state of affairs, he is appealing to left leaning voters (of all kinds) with grievances with the party (both for their economics and stances on social issues). So a vote for Bernie is a vote against the party establishment.

Ignoring the fact that Bernie's near three decade Congressional career has been made possible by said Establishment. :lol:

It is a beautiful politicial play if you think of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom