***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Then good, take your *** on to another option

And don't come back if it doesn't work out

LET'S GOOOOOO TAKE A LOOK AT DA CHIN ON BOEING'S BALANCE SHEET IF THEY REJECT DA BAILOUT.

giphy (25).gif

Attachments

• giphy (25).gif
    giphy (25).gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 32

Then good, take your *** on to another option

And don't come back if it doesn't work out

1585157208567.gif

Boeing asking the government bailout is like asking a family member/close friend for a loan rather than going to the bank. Until a wide-scale effort is made to crack down on crony capitalism, that’s just how it goes as far as a first option especially when you’re the nation’s largest exporter.

Regardless, stock is on pace for a record day. Already up 40% today and 75% for the week off the strength of a Goldman upgrade on Sunday night (Target was $173 from $95 and already at $166 today), CEO press tour On Tuesday morning and 737 MAX production date announcement on Tuesday night. The underlying fundamentals of a healthy business are there but circumstances have brought us to where we are today.

I'm going to break character for a minute because I've absolutely had it with this clown.

These press briefings are a mess, and it's clear that he's become nothing but a distraction. We can't have someone up there who keeps contradicting the advice the experts are giving us. He is a danger to Americans.

Now, more than ever, we need to come together. Anthony Fauci must go.

1585157208567.gif

Boeing asking the government bailout is like asking a family member/close friend for a loan rather than going to the bank. Until a wide-scale effort is made to crack down on crony capitalism, that’s just how it goes as far as a first option especially when you’re the nation’s largest exporter.

Regardless, stock is on pace for a record day. Already up 40% today and 75% for the week off the strength of a Goldman upgrade on Sunday night (Target was $173 from $95 and already at $166 today), CEO press tour On Tuesday morning and 737 MAX production date announcement on Tuesday night. The underlying fundamentals of a healthy business are there but circumstances have brought us to where we are today.
When a family member ask me for money they never dictate to me how the loan is gonna go. They don't say I want the money on my terms, period. If they can't accept my terms, then best believe I tell them to go to their local bank and ask for a line of credit.

The argument that they should be allowed to be crony capitalist because everyone is crony capitalist is horrible reasoning to give Boeing a bailout, with no strings. Excusing bad behavior, because other people engage in bad behavior, is something students do in classrooms. On principle I will not accept that argument. Until there is widespread reform, you roo it out wherever you can.

Well if they are going so great, then it is then all the more reason for them to not need a bailout. If the business is so healthy, if they got so many options, if their press tour is working out; Then them fools can go about their business without anymore government largesse.

Accept the terms or move on.

Last edited:
storm2006 storm2006

BTW, this was the buffoonery I was referring to regarding the CEO...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/23/business/Boeing-ceo-muilenburg.html

Mr. Muilenburg’s performance during the crisis angered lawmakers, airlines, regulators and victims’ families. He repeatedly made overly optimistic projections about how quickly the plane would be allowed to fly again. That created chaos for airlines, which had to cancel thousands of flights.

The Federal Aviation Administration saw the pronouncements as an attempt to pressure it to clear the Max for service. Mr. Muilenburg’s attempts to offer sincere public apologies for the accidents, including at two congressional hearings in October, have been clumsy, inflicting further damage on Boeing’s reputation.

I will response to your other points and questions later because I was in the process of typing everything but the work document I was doing it in crashed and didn't recover most of the post. And I was not in the mood to redo it at the time.

When a family member ask me for money they never dictate to me how the loan is gonna go. They don't say I want the money on my terms, period. If they can't accept my terms, then best believe I tell them to go to their local bank and ask for a line of credit.

I used the closest analogy I could, man :lol: Boeing asked for a bailout and said they don't want to give up an equity stake (I know you said you don't family members don't bictate terms but bear with me). If the government tells them to their local bank (AKA Wall Street) and ask for a line of credit, they are saying they will do exactly that.

The argument that they should be allowed to be crony capitalist because everyone is crony capitalist is horrible reasoning to give Boeing a bailout, with no strings. Excuseing bad behavior, because other people engage in bad behavior, is something students do in classrooms. On principle I will not accept that argument.

I'm not arguing that they should be crony capitalists, I'm just noting that it is alive and well and bailouts in any industry are going to continue to occur unless something is done to address that. As it pertains to Boeing or airlines, the only bad behavior that necessitated a bailout is the share buybacks. If you have a problem with buybacks and view them as bad behavior, that's an entirely different conversation, but the fact that this pandemic occurred is completely irrelevant to that because no one could have predicted something of this magnitude.

Well if they are going so great, then it is then all the more reason for them to not need a bailout. If the business is so healthy, if they got so many options, if their press tour is working out; Then them fools can go about their business.

Regarding their healthy business, I said it was because underlying fundamentals because they have a backlog of 5400 airplanes which more or less isn't going anywhere. The FAA oversight, or lack thereof, and the 737 MAX grounding caused the hold-up of anywhere from 400 to 600 airplane deliveries over the past yea which subsequently slaughtered their free cash flow. While that falls on the shoulders of the Boeing, as well as the FAA, COVID-19 ha exacerbated the issue because now airlines are deferring deliveries which further strains cash flow and the global supply chain. The bailout is truly just a gap until the travel industry stabilizes after the ravaging effects of COVID-19.

Accept the terms or move on.

The government hasn't fully laid out terms yet but if you look at the Senate bill they passed, it has $17B federal loan program for businesses deemed "critical to national security". Now Boeing isn't listed but one would have to think they will be a benefactor of that provision.

Can someone explain to me why we aren't just assuming everyone has it? Can you still test positive if you recovered? I assume no.....
Testing positive correlates with having virus in your system, which correlates with being contagious, as far as we know. You can be asymptomatic and/or recovered but still test positive and still be contagious.

Testing positive correlates with having virus in your system, which correlates with being contagious, as far as we know. You can be asymptomatic and/or recovered but still test positive and still be contagious.
So. technically you could test positive and NOT be contagious? If so, I fail to understand the importance of being tested.....

1585157208567.gif

Right or Wrong, Boeing is a company that is deemed imperative to "National Security" The government has as much interest of keeping them afloat as Boeing does.

Unfortunately, Hedge Funds and investors know this as well. Driving up the bargaining power. (And apparently, their stock price)

At the end of the day Boeing will probably get a favorable loan. Not because they are deemed essential for national security, but because they have sufficiently kissed Trump's fat ***.

That will be the case will many companies.

We all know the nonsense Mnuchin and Trump are about to do with that bailout money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom