***Official Political Discussion Thread***

aepps20

Supporter
Joined Feb 8, 2004
dwalk31 dwalk31

So you really and truly do not take issue with all of the white male republican judges that McConnell has been backing, then placing? You really do not see how the whole system is being rigged to even reverse what Trump has supposedly done for Black people?
He didn't take issue with Roy Moore so there is no low too low enough for him.

Joined Dec 30, 2006
dwalk31 dwalk31

So you really and truly do not take issue with all of the white male republican judges that McConnell has been backing, then placing? You really do not see how the whole system is being rigged to even reverse what Trump has supposedly done for Black people?
I think you have to go judge for judge honestly. Black judges have been appointed too under Trump. If there is a particular judge I can weigh in. But I think generally saying all the appointments are de facto bad for black people is not only inaccurate but irresponsible.

I understand conservative judges = bad is a nice little talking point. But you have to remember more folks got deported under Obama than anyone else. The larger issue is with the law. Judiciary just interprets the law. Yes, they can play in the grey area but congress can close that.

Joined Dec 13, 2018
I think you have to go judge for judge honestly. Black judges have been appointed too under Trump. If there is a particular judge I can weigh in. But I think generally saying all the appointments are de facto bad for black people is not only inaccurate but irresponsible.

I understand conservative judges = bad is a nice little talking point. But you have to remember more folks got deported under Obama than anyone else. The larger issue is with the law. Judiciary just interprets the law. Yes, they can play in the grey area but congress can close that.
I do understand what you mean with deportations, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what I asked you. What you’ve done is to equate the plight of those who wish to be in this country through their own volition, with those of us who actually built this country. Those right wing white judges being hired through McConnell, do not have the best interests of Black America at heart, with some not even qualified to be judges if we are to take experience into consideration. How many Black judges did McConnell place in the past three years?

Last edited:
Joined Dec 15, 2012
I do understand what you mean with deportations, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what I asked you.
you are new in this thread but will quickly find that when you ask him questions the answers have little to do with the question that was asked

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009

This argument has so much bull**** in it :lol: :lol:

Joined Dec 30, 2006
87% white

78% white males

4% black

Care to drop the percentage of lawyers that are black?

I am not just talking.

I’ve worked for two article 3 judges. One at the district court level, one at the court of appeals.

Appointed by Clinton and Obama respectively. Both black.

Yes, there are issues and we need more black appointments no doubt. As you recall, the only black Supreme Court Justice was appointed by a Republican. And the first black president did not appoint a black Supreme Court justice.

RBG who is applauded by the left has had like 1 black law clerk her entire career. There are issues, no doubt.

Joined Mar 30, 2007
Joined Dec 30, 2006
No. Check the edit.
Okay. The vast majority of judges appointed under Obama were not black. Like 81% were not black.

The vast majority of lawyers are not black.

Do you think all these non-black appointments are worried about the lack plight?

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
RBG voted to uphold the voting rights act. The five consecutive judges voted to tear it apart.

RBG wanted to strike down gerrymandering which the GOP uses to weaken the politicial power of black people. The conservative judges were against striking it down.

But according dwalk31 dwalk31 , who is considered a proud supporter of pedofiles, it is cool to rob people of their rights as long as you hire a black staff.

Welp, guess we all know what he had for breakfast.

Last edited:
Joined Dec 13, 2018
Okay. The vast majority of judges appointed under Obama were not black. Like 81% were not black.

The vast majority of lawyers are not black.

Do you think all these non-black appointments are worried about the lack plight?
You are deflecting, because Obama’s administration was not corrupt, as is Trump’s. His agenda is clear, reverse all things Obama, who put judges in place to forward the fight for civil rights, those who had a record of doing so. This is the exact opposite of what Trump/McConnell are doing. So, how many Black judges has McConnell backed? Enlighten me.

Joined Jan 20, 2006
dacomeup dacomeup you are a lawyer... so let’s keep it 100 with the idea that “progressive” judges are automatically looking out for black folks.
Stick to the script. Not sure why you're pulling me in here. You're merely deflecting, as usual. As far as which judges are unqualified and many with extreme views, Trump's hiring has been unprecedented in that sense. As far as which judges are being place in these positions to make rulings that negatively affect the rights of black people for the next 50 years, it is no doubt who those judges are.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now