***Official Political Discussion Thread***

whywesteppin

Supporter
Joined Mar 27, 2004
If Trump does indeed fake an injury? Oh that would be the funniest thing, historically funny, that this world has ever seen!
Anderson Cooper reporting breaking news in late October 2020:

"President Trump has withdrawn from the race for president. He says his reason is.... excuse me, is this a joke? He is saying he can't run for president anymore because of, umm, bone spurs."

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
only in America is Biden or any democrat left wing.

We have two right wing parties with the far right party hauling *** as fast as they can to fascism. Then we got the Democrats trying to bargain with them.
This whole post is false

The party has been moving left since 2008. The only people that think that the Democratic Party is a conservative party are people making bad faith attacks that only take into account economics and ignore that America has a different governmental structure that most of the world.

Don't be one of those people.

The Dems are far from perfect, but all things considered they are a left wing party.

Last edited:
Joined Jun 28, 2004
only in America is Biden or any democrat left wing.

We have two right wing parties with the far right party hauling *** as fast as they can to fascism. Then we got the Democrats trying to bargain with them.
To be fair, the GOP is a reactionary Party while the Democratic Party is, by global standards, a mix of center right and the center but with a growing cadre of bonafide center left politicians like AOC and Lee Carter.

It is absurd how far to the right the center is in America Politics, especially on economic issues, but if we keep up direct action and organizing we can change the definition of normal, moderate and reasonable. Our actions will definite the terrain of a Biden Presidency and what will, presumably, be an open 2024. If we can shut down enough ports, shut down airports, organize sectors of workers and push State and local officials into accommodating our public spending and criminal legal system demands, moderate Democrats and capital will perceive AOC to be moderate. If we do nothing, she’ll be perceived as radical.

Joined Dec 12, 2012
While probably not true, if Trump were to drop out that would be trouble for Biden
You're not wrong. I still think Trump has a chance since the electoral college favors Republicans and their voter suppression efforts. Throw in a semi-competent person and it makes the uphill battle for the Democrats even more difficult.

Joined May 25, 2004
This whole post is false

The party has been moving left since 2008. The only people that think that the Democratic Party is a conservative party are people making bad faith attacks that only take into account economics and ignore that America has a different governmental structure that most of the world.

Don't be one of those people.

The Dems are far from perfect, just all things considered they are a left wing party.
I can’t see the article because I’m a broke boi.

I can see the graph, ok so Democrat’s are damn near center in America.

Joined Mar 30, 2007
You're not wrong. I still think Trump has a chance since the electoral college favors Republicans and their voter suppression efforts. Throw in a semi-competent person and it makes the uphill battle for the Democrats even more difficult.
who then steps in, pence?

This guy:

Joined May 25, 2004
You are wrong. On aggregate the Dems are left by American, Canadian, and European standards.

This the kind of **** Jeff gotta put up with all day :smh:
jeff can deal with it, I pay the bills and get him organic lettuce from the farmers market.

how the the Democrats left by European standards? those Nordic countries are all the way left.

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
jeff can deal with it, I pay the bills and get him organic lettuce from the farmers market.

how the the Democrats left by European standards? those Nordic countries are all the way left.
Actually I believe the Nordic left wing countries have been moving right for decades now

The Nordic social democratic parties are not all the left wing parties in Europe. Remember, since other countries have parliamentary systems, he have multiple functioning left wing parties. In the US there is only one.

In the article they map I posted is interactive, each circle represents a political party. So all those blue circles the Dems are left of, are left wing European parties.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now