***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Delk: I would only consider voting for Joe Biden if he pushes for reparations

Also Delk: I am willing to vote for the "slavery was a choice" guy
Kanye is responsible for Nas’ worst album to date. It’s no way you can trust him with the nuclear codes.

Anyone who Delk would vote for that doesn’t have a black VP or push reparations can’t be trusted.

Kanye is responsible for Nas’ worst album to date. It’s no way you can trust him with the nuclear codes.

Kanye is responsible for Nastradamus?

92EB079D-51A7-41B3-81B8-BDCAAF55B2A5.gif

it's gunna be a hilarious if Joe Biden's moderate white guy persona allows for more progressive legislation than any explicitly left wing candidate could have gotten done. :lol:

Look at Virginia. Its almost like the Governor wearing blackface made his job easier there when it came to pushing progressive policies.......

Look at Virginia. Its almost like the Governor wearing blackface made his job easier there when it came to pushing progressive policies.......

I brought this up to someone and they thought I was off the mark. We even call him Governor Blackface while supporting his decisions and advocating for him.

Feel like I’m in bizarro world sometimes.

Right now, every remotely good idea in national politics goes to die in the Senate. Getting Trump out improves the chances of things getting better but the Senate has to be cracked. If Biden can work the levers, end the filibuster and get a slim majority of Dems to enact new laws like a new voting rights act, DC and PR statehood and court packing, that alone will have him go down in history as one of our greatest progressive Presidents. Otherwise, Mitch McConnell and the courts will continue to run the country and run it on the terms of the far right.

While it’s a little harder for the GOP to do culture war against a white guy, anyone pushing for even the most modest progressive policies is helping to not only improve the lives of poor people, a disproportionately colored and feminine group, they are also changing the social relationship between the poor and working class on one side and capital, especially small capital holders, on the other. The fact that the, predominantly white, business class could even potentially lose their immense power over their employees or future employees because those employees are slightly less scared and hungry, loss of power will mobilize them even if the President happens to look like them.

Back
Top Bottom