***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don't know if you watched Seinfeld, but this reminds me of when Kramer started doing karate.

Mans was bragging about dominating his class, but little did we know he was beating the breaks of little kids.

All things considered the US is on the same level as Kuwait, Oman, and The Maldives, but Delk wants us to view this as a positive. On some...
7uVqiE.gif
Them kids jumped him later though so let's hope this analogy doesn't extend to the conclusion :lol:

I honestly thought that the data was pretty straightforward. But there is even an interactive color-coded map that shows the COVID-19 tests per 1,000 people. The US has done more testing than many other countries.

Hopefully that helped.
I agree that the data was pretty straightforward. However, that link doesn't draw the conclusion that the U.S. has better testing/reporting compared to other countries. The word "better" is never used.

I think my question was pretty clear: what metrics are you using to conclude that we have "better testing/reporting"? If you think that more testing means that there is better testing then I'm not sure why you didn't say that.

:lol: This gets explained and delk still doesn’t get it. Results are part of testing process, and there is too much time to get results for too many tests. Simply looking at number of tests taken doesn’t tell the whole story.

Get off your knees,and open your ****ing eyes. :lol:

The infamous goalpost shift.

My initial statement was that the US has done better than many other countries with testing and reporting.

I posted a link with data showing that the US is testing at a higher level than many other countries.

I am fully aware that doesn't tell the entire story--and I never said it did.

The infamous goalpost shift.

My initial statement was that the US has done better than many other countries with testing and reporting.

I posted a link with data showing that the US is testing at a higher level than many other countries.

I am fully aware that doesn't tell the entire story--and I never said it did.

When will you shift the goalposts against Republican Pedos?

Just to be clear, an effective testing strategy requires a few things:

1) Volume of testing (availability of more tests is better)

2) Accuracy of testing (not necessarily critical, and tests in general have been accurate)

3) Speed of testing (long lags in getting results back is almost as bad as not testing at all)

4) Targeting of testing (randomly testing 1000 people is not as effective as testing 1000 contacts of people who were infected)

Point #3 has been a major problem in the past month. Even though we are testing a bunch of people, which is great for understanding prevalence of the virus and where it is most out of control (and thus where people will be dying in 3 weeks), the lag in testing has made it pretty useless for targeting self-isolation of infected individuals. By contrast, take a place like Taiwan or New Zealand that has the virus under control. They just have to test a few people each day (mostly people entering the country) because the prevalence is nearly zero. That is enough testing to be 100% effective. The USA, where the prevalence is out of hand, really needs to run 10+ million tests per day (with 24-hour turnaround) to even begin to speak of an effective testing strategy (or get the cases down 100-fold from where they are today).

Just to be clear:

An effective testing strategy requires a few things.

1) Volume of testing (availability of more tests is better)

2) Accuracy of testing (not necessarily critical, and tests in general have been accurate)

3) Speed of testing (long lags in getting results back is almost as bad as not testing at all)

4) Targeting of testing (randomly testing 1000 people is not as effective as testing 1000 contacts of people who were infected)

Point #3 has been a major problem in the past month. Even though we are testing a bunch of people, which is great for understanding prevalence of the virus and where it is most out of control (and thus where people will be dying in 3 weeks), the lag in testing has made it pretty useless for targeting self-isolation of infected individuals. By contrast, take a place like Taiwan or New Zealand that has the virus under control. They just have to test a few people each day (mostly people entering the country) because the prevalence is nearly zero. That is enough testing to be 100% effective. The USA, where the prevalence is out of hand, really needs to run 10+ million tests per day (with 24-hour turnaround) to even begin to speak of an effective testing strategy (or get the cases down 100-fold from where they are today).

None of this is debatable (although I may be leaving out some details). It's epidemiology 101.
insincere trolls will cherry pick #1 only and use it as some sort of asinine proof of how much “better” the us is doing at testing vs other countries. And he wonders why everyone here thinks he’s a scumbag troll. :lol:

I did say that.

More testing seems obviously better than less testing.

Do you disagree?
Yes, after multiple posts. I guess you're just being intentionally difficult.

It depends. Is more always better? How are you comparing testing in different countries?

insincere trolls will cherry pick #1 only and use it as some sort of asinine proof of how much “better” the us is doing at testing vs other countries. And he wonders why everyone here thinks he’s a scumbag troll. :lol:
It's draining when people enter into an argument just to prove that they're right based on some nuance of wording rather than engage in an honest discussion. The former is rather sophomoric and not just annoying but unproductive.

It's draining when people enter into an argument just to prove that they're right based on some nuance of wording rather than engage in an honest discussion. The former is rather sophomoric and not just annoying but unproductive.
That’s his whole shtick, it is ****ing exhausting.

Yes, after multiple posts. I guess you're just being intentionally difficult.

It depends. Is more always better? How are you comparing testing in different countries?

It seems obvious, to me, that more testing is generally better than less testing. But we can agree to disagree on that. Is there some exception with a targeted approach of just testing people that have been in contact with an infected person? Sure, perhaps.

My initial statement, that the US has better testing/reporting than many other countries, seems clear.

Rusty's comment stating that isn't an accomplishment considering how developed the US is, is a fair critique. But to morph my initial statement into some other argument is silly. And it is pointless for me to argue against it.

What the **** is the point of a test if you don’t have results? The two go hand in hand. It’s not a completed test without results. Come on.

The data posted included tests with results. Did you click the link?

Small world I guess, I know the hacker (Phobia) referenced in this article. Only spoke to him a handful of times years ago but it's a well known name and we have some mutual acquaintances. He's currently facing criminal charges regarding an alleged SIM-swap conspiracy.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edmi/p...group-charged-online-identity-theft-and-other
To get a deal, mans bout to let da FEDS know about dem Putin yoppas you got out back.

Time to go hid in the mines, b.

It seems obvious, to me, that more testing is generally better than less testing. But we can agree to disagree on that. Is there some exception with a targeted approach of just testing people that have been in contact with an infected person? Sure, perhaps.

My initial statement, that the US has better testing/reporting than many other countries, seems clear.

Rusty's comment stating that isn't an accomplishment considering how developed the US is, is a fair critique. But to morph my initial statement into some other argument is silly. And it is pointless for me to argue against it.
Why does it seem obvious to you? Is more always better? How are you comparing testing in different countries? Why is it so difficult for you to answer these questions?

The fact that you feel it's important to clarify that your initial statement makes sense to you while refusing to explain it so that it can make sense to others really highlights how you don't post here to have a discussion. You're acknowledging that what matters to you is what you say and not how it actually contributes to the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom