***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Ed8BaYgXgAEoSXx.jpeg

They know what time it is

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several. Far too many to name. This is a link to some pretty comprehensive data.

Sigh.

This doesn't prove your point though.

You realize this doesn't make America look good. First It basically says the US recently testing as much as other advanced economies. It says little about the quality of reporting, which remains an issue...

Second, this link exposes how properly Trump and America has handled covid in comparison to other advanced economies....

NA.PNG

Asia.PNG

Europe.PNG

Also your link shows that behind the US is on tracing. A key component economist said was needed with there was to be any type of reopening.

The main positives for the US is that it has open testing for people without symptoms, but also leads to measurement error that inflates US testing in comparison to other countries that count test per person.

In proper context, your answer is, "America's testing and reporting is better than countries with less developed economies". Which is not something that is condemnable. And furthermore, the link exposes how poorly America is containing this virus. So it seems you just shot yourself in the foot. But hopefully the blood acts as a moisturizer.

Absolutely, no problem: Japan.

Yeah they thought only testing for severe cases was a bright idea at the start. I’m going to look further, I have a feeling incompetent leadership is going to be a common theme between this country and ones doing “worse” on testing.

Sigh.

This doesn't prove your point though.

You realize this doesn't make America look good. First It basically says the US recently testing as much as other advanced economies. It says little about the quality of reporting, which remains an issue...

Second, this link exposes how properly Trump and America has handled covid in comparison to other advanced economies....

NA.PNG

Asia.PNG

Europe.PNG

Also your link shows that behind the US is on tracing. A key component economist said was needed with there was to be any type of reopening.

The main positives for the US is that it has open testing for people without symptoms, but also leads to measurement error that inflates US testing in comparison to other countries that count test per person.

In proper context, your answer is, "America's testing and reporting is better than countries with less developed economies". Which is not something that is condemnable. And furthermore, the link exposes how poorly America is containing this virus. So it seems you just shot yourself in the foot. But hopefully the blood acts as a moisturizer.

I simply posted data to illustrate that America's testing and reporting is better than many countries. The link provided shows that.

Obviously if a country tests more, they report more. Not sure how that logic is difficult to follow.

It seems you are now shifting the discussion to tracing. Also, you adding "context" doesn't negate my initial statement.

America's testing infrastructure is severely inadequate given the level of outbreak we are seeing.

In the past weeks it has happened to get better in one of the areas needed, but not everything.

Also, because Republicans were so quick to reopen, it undermined the good more testing can do.

Delk wants us to give the US credit not for doing good, but for ****ing up less.

Last edited:
I simply posted data to illustrate that America's testing and reporting is better than many countries. The link provided shows that.

Obviously if a country tests more, they report more. Not sure how that logic is difficult to follow.

It seems you are now shifting the discussion to tracing. Also, you adding "context" doesn't negate my initial statement.
If one country does 1000 test, and the results comeback in 1 day, versus, a country that does 2000 test but the results take 5 days to come back, who has the better reporting?

Number of test performed is not the only measure of the quality of reporting.

You said this....
Yes. And, as I said, it is obvious that the response could have been much better.

Also, I think we have better testing/reporting than many other countries.

Having more test doesn't guarantee reporting is better. So you logic is flawed anyway.

I know you like to act dense when it is convenient. But the point of testing is to not only identify cases but also trace infections. The US is testing a lot now, but it is not adequately tracing infections.

I am not sure how you can't realize you are making yourself look like a boot licking buffoon.

But do you.

Last edited:
For a developed country (and “the greatest country on earth” to a lot of folks) our testing and tracing system is absolutely abysmal. Some countries are doing worse, sure, but that really doesn’t have anything to do with the US. The fact that this is where we are with testing in August should be inexcusable. But some people will do and defend anything for a dollar.

Remember that testing website they had the flow chart for back in March? I member.

so it was “DBZ live action movie” okay
I don't know if you watched Seinfeld, but this reminds me of when Kramer started doing karate.

Mans was bragging about dominating his class, but little did we know he was beating the breaks of little kids.

All things considered the US is on the same level as Kuwait, Oman, and The Maldives, but Delk wants us to view this as a positive. On some...
7uVqiE.gif

and “the greatest country on earth” to a lot of folks
It's safe to assume that most of those folks don't have passports (or they haven't renewed them in a long time).
My folks outside the US are clowning me regarding my bleach regimen. What they don't know is that what has come out of the mouth of the administration has been worse since that particular comment.

It's safe to assume that most of those folks don't have passports (or they haven't renewed them in a long time).
My folks outside the US are clowning me regarding my bleach regimen. What they don't know is that what has come out of the mouth of the administration has been worse since that particular comment.
You don’t think these folks are world travelers? I’m sure they’d be quick to say US is the greatest country in earth (Despite the libs trying time ruin it) :lol: (Photos, not mine, from an anti blm protest outside Philly)

150CBA5C-BB5A-4038-AE22-55BA3DF74F36.jpeg
80512A3F-72F0-4222-A2EA-A9DC2F39E24A.jpeg
F1393D61-0CDE-4C3E-A32F-1766968E9F0C.jpeg

Yes. And, as I said, it is obvious that the response could have been much better.

Also, I think we have better testing/reporting than many other countries.
What metrics are you using to conclude that we have "better testing/reporting"?

What metrics are you using to conclude that we have "better testing/reporting"?

If you look on the prior page I posted a link with pretty comprehensive data. The exchange between me and Rusty will detail the positions.

If you look on the prior page I posted a link with pretty comprehensive data. The exchange between me and Rusty will detail the positions.
Yeah, unfortunately that link doesn't tell me "these are the metrics dwalk used and these are the countries he compared to in order for him make his conclusion". But I get it, you're not interested in actual discussion.

Just to be clear, you think that having less tests could somehow result in better reporting of positive cases?

Remarkable.
That is not what I said, stop acting like a pathetic troll.

I clearly said volume of test is not the only aspect when it comes to good reporting.

Try to deflect better next time.

Last edited:
Yeah, unfortunately that link doesn't tell me "these are the metrics dwalk used and these are the countries he compared to in order for him make his conclusion". But I get it, you're not interested in actual discussion.

I honestly thought that the data was pretty straightforward. But there is even an interactive color-coded map that shows the COVID-19 tests per 1,000 people. The US has done more testing than many other countries.

Hopefully that helped.

Back
Top Bottom