***Official Political Discussion Thread***

To be fair to trump, its really hard to say "I disavow white supremacy". Its multiple words and syllables strung together in a coherent sentence and he doesn't make those all that often.

Maybe we should all focus on what we think he said instead of the very clear words that came out of his mouth. I've always said that you can't take him literally and that's why im sure sure the second step act will get done because he talked about it a couple times. In that case, I think we can take him literally, but when espousing very real dogwhistles and racism on a daily basis I think we need to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He is very inexperienced despite being in the position for almost 4 years now and having more experience in the position than just about any other person in human history. We need to take that into account when talking about it because he is not a politician despite the fact that he holds political office. Standards need to be lowered because if we held everyone to the same standard, the people who don't meet those standards would look bad.

A bit more information about Trump's ban. Aside from banning any training programs that reference white privilege, systemic racism is also included, as is unconscious bias. Anyone who engages in or approves such training programs is subject to investigation and sanction. The ban applies to federal contractors as well, not just the federal agencies themselves.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/09/30/trump-race-training/
A two-page White House ‘race’ memo became a flash point in Tuesday’s debate
Trump wanted to ban federal agency training on ‘critical race theory,’ but agencies have scrambled, stumbled
a1701a64b1aa9183a074f827a3ce8b88.png

f981ff35707639c5455641cd6a7373aa.png

71e81c548855c8630ded8e3bd3b885f0.png

Last edited:
Trump is gonna have his team type up a memo or some tweets saying he did misspeak and he condemns white supremacy so that he's not vocally saying it and his followers can convince themselves he didn't actually mean it. It was his staff that created the PSA for political reasons

All he had to do to cap off this night of losing votes in Philly was finish with " 👌🏽Eagles should've kept Foles. He was great. Fantastic. Best QB I've ever seen. Wentz is like the Biden of QBs 👌🏽"

nah.. knowing trump, he woulda said something about his friend jerruh Jones who hasn’t done shh without Miami great jimmy johnson

plus eagles didn’t show up to the White House in ‘17 and the owner donated to hillaty

Back
Top Bottom