***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Question to all: Do you guys listen to political podcasts? If so, which ones?
I listen to a whole bunch on a weekly basis but I'm always down to pick up something new

This isn't a strictly political podcast. But I think that the Brilliant idiots podcast addresses how a lot of voters view the current US election.

One host, Charlamagne, is a Biden supporter.

This one looks like it has an interesting dynamic, will check this out too.

This is my list, in order of enjoyment. With Lawfare and Skullduggery I don't listen to every episode but just pick the topics that interest me, which is still very regularly due to their upload schedules. I think I consume more of this than the actual Americans here :lol:
3cc6cb0022c77f67d1c196c37ea9da50.png

19b617f1f2e5e27bd51bd24e8e45179e.png

b4f4875c51d43aeef872161c301a7981.png

f01c30b212bf7d3f3de1bfee675c4ab4.png

674c9ea0b1f4665e2938eec1cb10c7d3.png

yes its two former politcal campaign advisors from both parties who equally despise trump.

they keep the analysis on the candidates. Less on the actual policies and partisan ****.

This isn't a strictly political podcast. But I think that the Brilliant idiots podcast addresses how a lot of voters view the current US election.

One host, Charlamagne, is a Biden supporter.
I've given it a try before but it's not really my thing. I like CTG but can't stand Andrew Schulz.

I reckon you might enjoy one of these since you're a lawyer. The first one definitely caters to lawyers/law students specifically. They're not going to explain what an amicus brief is, en banc reviews, petitioning for writ of certiorari, etc etc.
The second one is a casual and lighthearted discussion, no prerequisite knowledge required.

Last edited:
50 cent now? :lol:. This post had a flag for some misinfo. This applies to the workers making more than $400G/year. This type of info without enough context is enough to mislead the uniformed.
Screenshot_20201023-185201_Chrome.jpg

Do people really look at this and think their paycheck will go down 50%?? Seriously??

I've given it a try before but it's not really my thing. I like CTG but can't stand Andrew Schulz.

I reckon you might enjoy one of these since you're a lawyer. The first one definitely caters to lawyers/law students specifically. They're not going to explain what an amicus brief is, en banc reviews, petitioning for writ of certiorari, etc etc.
The second one is a casual and lighthearted discussion, no prerequisite knowledge required.

I'll check them out.

Do people really look at this and think their paycheck will go down 50%?? Seriously??
Alot of followers would be influenced, and as the typical case with society is, a few or limited number of people would be "smart" or knowledgeable and informed.

Alot of followers would be influenced, and as the typical case with society is, a few or limited number of people would be "smart" or knowledgeable and informed.
That’s beyond not being informed. You’ve got to be a complete idiot to think this is the case.

The comment this guy is replying to explains how marginal tax rates are calculated.

There are way too many people out there who:
- don't know what the "marginal" in MTR means
- don't check the assumptions they have about how taxes are calculated against the net amount they see on their paycheck. If I expect 50% to be taken out of my gross income but that doesn't show up on my paycheck AND I get a tax return at the end of the year, I'm going to try and figure out how much the IRS is actually taking. For a lot of us, that's a bridge too far.

I'll check it out. Generally the ones I listen to focus on US legal issues and national security.

Don’t know if Larry wilmore still has his pod, tried that but it didn’t keep.. also tried Ezra Klein as RustyShackleford RustyShackleford mentioned that one, but wasn’t too much of a fan

give me something that’s loose but dudes clearly know the subject matter they’re discussing, but they’re being conversational and relaxed and loose

like couldn’t stand brilliant idiots, since it was mentioned, cause Andrew Schulz is being contrarian while sounding wildly dumb as hell.. like I got zero clue how people listen to joe rogan

but with Bill burr, he obviously talks shhh but he isn’t out chere trying pretend he’s an expect on any and every subject matter.. he’ll outright admit what he doesn’t know, just check how he checked rogan

So the hip hop inteligencia has been weighing in.

I am confident that if Tupac were alive, he’d have supported Bernie big time but would now be telling people to vote for Biden and be ready to do direct action after Biden becomes president. Tupac would also be pushing for yes prop 15 and no on prop 22.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom