***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I actually think this election would have played out the same. But Trump potentially winning in an electoral college victory

Trump was not blowing anyone off the Dems out, he was gonna lose the popular vote.

When you think of it. Before Covid, Biden was expected to win by 2-5 points. When Covid popped off, it looked like Biden would blow him out. But the spread is looking like it where it was prior to Covid.

In the end, I think this election was Trump generally, and not Covid specifically.

you know I respect your analysis cousin, but you might be letting your countrymen off a little easy.

some of what his supporters say is right...that short-sighted econ strategy with rock-bottom taxation and regulation DID pump up some pockets, and for a shocking number of folks that´s the only thing that matters.

if memory serves (hell, it might not) ole Robinette didn´t even enter the race win nomination until after the first lockdown.

edit: turns out memory does not serve...my sense of time is ALL ****ed up this year. :lol:

without guy going full cluster**** and getting the worst of both worlds with economic impact and human cost, I think more people either stay with him or abstain entirely...Joe Biden´s best trait was not being Trump.

guy outperformed all his polling EVEN WITH the fact that 2020 pretty much got canceled on his watch.

that´s hard for me to ignore.

Last edited:
From

20201108_044810.jpg

To

20201108_044811.jpg

:lol: :pimp:

HOF level.

That seems so drastic.... but it might be the best chance. The only real issue is we have to know PR wants to be a state..... If the Dems go down that path and they decide to stay a country. It would be the great political blunder in my lifetime.
I don't see it as a blunder. Just providing PR the chance to choose their own destiny, is good optics. Either way they finally get to choose what to do with their own land. If they leave nothing's really changed, if they stay you likely get 2 new blue seats and more electoral votes.

Watch AOC primary Schumer for his Senate seat and all hell will break loose within the party.
As a NYer, I gotta tell you I don't see that going well for AOC. There's a reason the progressive policies you see in other blue states have struggled to take hold here. I'd love to get rid of Schumer but outside 4 of the boroughs, NY isn't THAT blue. And queens and brooklyn get iffy the closer you get to long island. Centrists have a solid base in the state. Need time to chip away at it.

The guy, Dennis Montgomery, conned the Bush administration into giving him lucrative defense intelligence contracts but in reality he was just elaborately fabricating everything he passed on to the administration. Bush ordered 2 French planes grounded based on one of the many hoaxes this guy perpetrated. France was pissed and exposed the scheme by debunking Montgomery's supposed technology.
Rather than prosecuting Montgomery for fraud, the Bush administration sought to keep secret that they were duped to such an extent.

As a NYer, I gotta tell you I don't see that going well for AOC. There's a reason the progressive policies you see in other blue states have struggled to take hold here. I'd love to get rid of Schumer but outside 4 of the boroughs, NY isn't THAT blue. And queens and brooklyn get iffy the closer you get to long island. Centrists have a solid base in the state. Need time to chip away at it.

Primaries never go well. But if Schumer retired and she ran for the seat, she’d win it.

-Upstate NYer

so covid was a gift and a curse?! after three years of foolishness, it took a pandemic for people to say maybe we need someone else. and he still got 70 mill votes. absolutely crazy

with over a million dead on my home planet and about 1/4 of that in the US alone, it does sound kinda wild to refer to COVID as any kind of blessing...but I guess I did just that earlier this year and with this I´ll stand by it.

with respect to the affected--the human cost of progress is never to be minimized--I feel you.

this is like a referendum on the structure of society, an opportunity to re-examine every facet of how this whole operation works and your individual level of satisfaction about your role and future within it.

example: I just read a piece talking about shortening the work week to 4 or less days to fight IT.

how does that not make sense?

now that it doesn´t matter what day it is for a lot of people, the rat race routine is fully wrecked.

would be really easy to get the office world on a Mon-Tues-Thurs-Sat schedule.

nothing really has to be done any particular way, just done.

would we be having conversations about UBI and class warfare and broken federal systems last April?

lately I lay awake at night and while the actual fn plague no doubt weighs heavy on my mind, I can´t help but to appreciate an unscheduled physical examination of global society (from my seat of relative privilege).

1.7 million people didn't pass 4th grade social studies

3DC6F4A2-C123-4AA8-B9C8-1511B46EBBC0.jpeg

...yeah tho, look at this. millions of Americans with nothing but anger and confusion in their heads.

how do you vote against that?

you know I respect your analysis cousin, but you might be letting your countrymen off a little easy.

some of what his supporters say is right...that short-sighted econ strategy with rock-bottom taxation and regulation DID pump up some pockets, and for a shocking number of folks that´s the only thing that matters.

if memory serves (hell, it might not) ole Robinette didn´t even enter the race until after the first lockdown.

without guy going full cluster**** and getting the worst of both worlds with economic impact and human cost, I think more people either stay with him or abstain entirely...Joe Biden´s best trait was not being Trump.

guy outperformed all his polling EVEN WITH the fact that 2020 pretty much got canceled on his watch.

that´s hard for me to ignore.
Dude, I don't know how I am giving my countrymen too much credit

I am basically calling them hopeless and marks.

The handling of Covid was an absolute disaster but people didn't care. They still fell for the scam.

So I am saying that I think on the margin Covid might not have moved the needle that much. Folk that hated Trump, Covid just reinforced their previous views. People that supported Trump, Covid didn't shake their previously held views.

At the end of the day, it was about Trump and Trumpism. And I am saying the reason that might be the case is that the results of the election look more like what people would have expected before Covid happened.

As much I am taken aback and disappointed at Trump numbers, but I don't think we can look at turnout from one side. Like Trump was always on course to get these record-high numbers, and only Covid delivered high numbers for the Dems.

Nah, I think these coalitions were mostly there. I don't think Trump Covid or no Covid was in line for a popular vote victory, because the anti-Trump sentiment was high before Covid. Maybe Covid buried him on the margin, but it didn't cost him a sweeping victory.

Maybe in the following months, it will show I am wrong. But all I am really saying is that you can't talk about the turnout picture from one angle.

Back
Top Bottom