***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Trump can barely string together the words for a coherent sentence right now; is he really a threat to run in 4 years?

Is not the threat of Trump, is the threat of Trumpism and having a leader willing to damage at all costs ... He need to be extinguished, its followers need to realice that their voice is not worthy and that the USA reject it.

Otherwise, they'll be empowered for the next round

Censorship is certainly a slippery slope. I think that these arrests and eventual proportional sentences are the appropriate method to prevent others from acting on their beliefs.

In America, you’re free to believe absurd alternate realities, but when you act on them I think that’s where the deterrent impact of criminal proceedings comes into play.

Also, the best way to deal with dangerous ideologies (in my opinion) is to confront them directly. To challenge them. Sweeping them under the rug, with censorship, doesn’t change the underlying ideology.

Your post history is Exhibit #1 that proves that confronting wrong opinions with facts doesn't work because those who steadfastly believe lies don't arrive to those beliefs through logic.

In fact, you only decided to stop supporting Trump because he lost, not because his policies would bring about the decline of this country.

Agreed with all that. I don't see him being able to win in 4 years. But I'm all for him being tried for treason and sedition.....Round up elected officials who supported him too.

He won’t run. He hates being president and he’s gonna face a lot of charges. He also lost a lot of support these last few months. There’s also a good chance he will be dead. He’s old and his health is dog ****.

Y'all have too much faith in Americans that voted for him this past election. Dude gave them more than enough reasons to not vote for him a second time and MORE people voted for him. Unless the democratic candidate in 2024 is some Bill Clinton middle aged white man type, Trump would get similar support if he ran again even after the riot

He won’t run. He hates being president and he’s gonna face a lot of charges. He also lost a lot of support these last few months. There’s also a good chance he will be dead. He’s old and his health is dog ****.

This is a real possibility. And I maintain that he should be in prison in 4 years if he's still among the living. Laws in the states are trash, so he might be able to run from prison. I can see the GOP supporting him running **** while locked up like he's a cartel boss.

qk6l0z10zya61.jpg

Your post history is Exhibit #1 that proves that confronting wrong opinions with facts doesn't work because those who steadfastly believe lies don't arrive to those beliefs through logic.

In fact, you only decided to stop supporting Trump because he lost, not because his policies would bring about the decline of this country.

The problem is acting on the beliefs.

Tons of people, for instance, believe the earth is flat. But if armed flat-earther terrorists storm NASA “because NASA is doing a cover-up” it goes beyond personal beliefs. You can challenge beliefs directly, but also confront criminal behavior.

Censoring flat-earthers isn’t the solution, imo. Directly confronting the ideologies publicly might not create a rapid shift in beliefs, but I think it is more effective (over time) compared to blanket censorship.

Dude used to sell hairpieces in the 90's :lol:
"Georgia apparently began working in finance after selling hairpieces in the 1990s." - The Sun

Finally, an article that mentions the type of punishment these people could be facing...$1,000 fine and 180 days in jail. Feels like storming the U.S. Capitol should carry more severe consequences.

well she’s not “wrong” per se. And I’m not even a Republican. Mitch needs to go. Well he should’ve been gone 2-3 terms ago but hey...the state of KY will always vote red as a whole. Dunno about all that other jabber she was hootin about

Back
Top Bottom