***Official Political Discussion Thread***

well, come tuesday, let's re-elect president Obama, unless you are super rich with no heart, I think you will share a vision that millionaires should pay slightly more, we should end pointless wars, students need a break, and women are equal contributors who should be rewarded equally

not for nuffin b, but MSNBC = left wing version of fox.
CNN probably got da best coverage of da election...if you're watching MSNBC you gotta balance that ding bat left wit da wingnut right on fox
they are leftwing no doubt about it, but CNN is far from unbias in my view, it only depends on who you're watchin, For example I believe Candy, Anderson, and Wolf are unbias, but Brooke, and the host of Outfront are a bit right wing. and another thing CNN's polls are always heavily republican (about 8 points more reps than dems)

Early voting in Columbus, Ohio.

cbus1.jpg

cbus2.jpg

cbus3.jpg

cbus4.jpg

cbus5.jpg

cbus6.jpg

cbus7.jpg

Hey_

Early voted yesterday.

Left home and got in line at 6:21 p.m. got home at 10:48 p.m.,

and the polling location was a mile away from my spot.

On a side note, I was reading Huey P. Newton's Revolutionary Suicide, I think I scared somebody off.

Julius F. Wrek

Last edited:
that Chris Rock video was pretty funny :lol:

I voted early Friday, had to wait about 2 and a half hours in line. It was my first time ever voting so I didn't know what to expect but it was a cool experience. While I was waiting in line for multiple hours I kept asking my self what exactly was motivating me to actually stand in line, I honestly thought about leaving a couple time but I thought about all the people before me who couldn't vote, and I felt obligated to cast my vote. Another thing, I was pretty surprised by how many young people my age were there and waiting in the line for hours (I'm 20 btw).

Last edited:
I'm voting as soon as the polls open on Tuesday. I live about a block away from the nearest polling place.

I drove past a big sign the other day "Vote for Romney. At least he's not a commie!"

I don't think people know what communism really is.

The ******** Rule ended in 2004 when they lost and Bush got re-elected.

Tooo many trends!

Alabama won to so it means Obama will
Obama sold more Halloween Masks & 7/11 cups so Obama will win
Summer Olympics hosted by a country that held previously so Obama will win
NL won world series so Obama will win
SF Giants won and Obama will carry California so Obama will win
Apparently Romney is Taller so Romney will win

There are too many of these rules.

Breaking: Romney Paid Zero Taxes From 1996 To 2009
by kavips

Harry Reid was right. Bloomberg finally cracked the story...

Using a tax shelter called a CRUT (charitable remainder unitrust) that was held by the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons), Mitt Romney was able to pay zero taxes (legally) every single year from 1996 to 2009. Why did he stop in 2009? Because he would make public his 2010 tax return, that is why.

This tax loophole was killed by Congress in 1997. However those including Romney that were already using it were allowed to continue it. The way it works, is that Romney makes a "charitable" contribution to the Church of Latter Day Saints and it goes into a trust. Since the trust is held by the church, the money is tax deferred. Any capital gains, are non taxed because of the charities status. Like an annuity, the donor gets a charitable tax deduction and an stream of cash payments. When Romney dies, the church accepts full ownership..

Bloomsberg's attorneys estimate as the Romneys have received these payments, the money that will potentially be left for charity has declined from at least $750,000 in 2001 to $421,203 at the end of 2011.....

Romney has refused to answer any thing on this topic. His campaign puts out that it was all legal....

Legal perhaps. Ethical for the president of the United States? Well, only if you want a crook running the country.... Imagine! Legally stealing from your church!.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/04/1155381/-Breaking-Romney-Paid-Zero-Taxes-From-1996-To-2009

:lol: @ the fact this won't matter

updated my voter registration over the week end; all set for tuesday.

thank god wisconsin knocked down that ridiculous voter ID law. i'm still running around up here with my maryland ID.

not sure if this was posted, as i only read through the last few pages, but i thought it was interesting and addresses the notion that some black people are only voting for Pres Obama because he's black. there are many many hilarious opinions in this thread. it never ceases to amaze me when i hear people say race is not an issue.

Here is the piece from Randy Fox:

A white man asked his black friend ' Are you going to vote for Barack Obama just because he's black?' The black man responded by saying, ' Why not? In this country men are pulled over everyday just because they are black; passed over for promotions just because they are black; considered to be criminals just because they are black. Thousands of white voters won't be voting for him just because he is black! However you don't seem to to have a problem with that! This country was built with the sweat and whip off the black slaves' black; and now a black man has a chance to lead the same country, where we weren't even considered people, where we weren't allowed to be educated, drink from the same fountains, eat in the same Restaurants, or even vote. So yes I am going to vote for him! But it's not just because he's black, but because through his leadership several of Americas elusive enemies were brought to justice; several of our citizens rescued from peril; our economy, health and environment improved; and our good reputation around the world has been restored. He is hope. He is change. He is wise. He is a man of integrity and intelligence. He is a man of of faith and perseverance. A man of maturity and good judgement. He is a faithful husband and father. And he now allows me to understand when my grandchildren say they want to be President when they grow up, it is not a fairy tale but a short term goal. They now see, understand, and know that they can achieve, withstand, and do ANYTHING just because they are black!

Last full day of campaigning, and Obama holds a 86.3% of winning the electoral college with an average simulation of 307 electoral votes (technically 303 is what he's listed at)...

Slimmest leads: Obama in Colorado 69.7%

Romney in Florida 55.5%

Back
Top Bottom