***Official Political Discussion Thread***

you know.

between those 2 candidates.....you know.

Health care costs through the roof. Layoffs in my family. 20% pay cut in my family. None of this is our fault, it's your fault for voting for the scum in the White House.

be a man and take responsibility.

i came from the gutter. i GOT mines. literal blood sweat and tears

you're just lazy.

when you put the blame on yourself maybe you'll come up outta that funk,

Last edited:
no one wants to answer a simple question

it seems like its almost taboo on here to admit you support donald trump.

a lot of lurkers are scared to come up and say who they support until their jimmies get rustled.

like i said before, both candidates definitely have their faults

but i dont understand why anyone would think donald trump is better qualified than hillary clinton.

im a reasonable person.....ill give ol boy all the chances in the world to make me change my mind about his character...but somehow he's made himself look WORSE.

and it boggles my mind how people cannot see that.

but like i said. everybody has different views.

Last edited:
The article is just peek into a section of the Democrat party that would support Trump. Do they have misgivings? Sure, but the interest is there. Trump has until November to state his case.
So, that's the start. Further down, your argument hits a nice, big brick wall:
But in the details, the threads of this argument begin to fray. For one thing, many voters who switched to the GOP in Pennsylvania this spring were Democrats in name only, having long voted Republican in presidential elections. Neither Polacek, Frear, or Joey Del could remember voting for a Democrat for president in any recent election. When they switched parties, the electoral outcome didn’t exactly change.

Trump’s other problem is the math. “There just aren’t enough rural voters to put him over the top,” said Berwood Yost, director for the Center of Opinion Research at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pa. Trump may indeed win Cambria County and others nearby. But Mitt Romney did, too, and he still lost the state to Obama, who won just 12 of the Pennsylvania’s 67 counties four years ago, six fewer than he won in 2008.
So tell me again how Trump's flipping voters, and how the Rust Belt is the great swing states that'll win for Trump.

no one wants to answer a simple question

it seems like its almost taboo on here to admit you support donald trump.

a lot of lurkers are scared to come up and say who they support until their jimmies get rustled.

I noticed this too

They come in with some wild misogyny or some thinly veiled bigotry that aligns with Trump's message, but they'll still claim to be neutral

I respect ninja, blco, and the other ardent Trump supporters more than those coy dudes

Bruh, I am an independent. Candidates have to actually EARN my vote. I don't vote on party or racial lines. And at this point I'm unimpressed with both of them.

its a simple question famb.

WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD BE THE BEST PRESIDENT BETWEEN THE TWO.

aint no bushes to be beating around.

No clue. I'm not a fan of either candidate. Might write in Rubio or Kasich.
giphy.gif

Health care costs through the roof. Layoffs in my family. 20% pay cut in my family. None of this is our fault, it's your fault for voting for the scum in the White House.

First of all, I do feel genuine empathy for you and your family's situation.

I have to ask, why do you place the blame exclusively on Barack Obama though? I read about your family's challenges and think that they could be alleviated through a robust jobs program, Unionization and a single payer healthcare system. Where is the blame for the doctors and drug companies who have cultivated an iron clad, oligopsic privilege for themselves. Where is the ire for the bosses who cut people's pay and laid them off. Where is the outrage that the North Carolina political establishment has always been anti Union, anti worker?

Why not become a social democrat? I say that without an schadenfreude or condescension. I say it sincerely. It's workers in places like North Carolina who make this country function and not the jet setters on Wall Street. Vote for economic liberalism, unionize and throw out the bums who run your State and get the rewards that you and your family's labor warrants.

First of all, I do feel genuine empathy for you and your family's situation.

I have to ask, why do you place the blame exclusively on Barack Obama though? I read about your family's challenges and think that they could be alleviated through a robust jobs program, Unionization and a single payer healthcare system. Where is the blame for the doctors and drug companies who have cultivated an iron clad, oligopsic privilege for themselves. Where is the ire for the bosses who cut people's pay and laid them off. Where is the outrage that the North Carolina political establishment has always been anti Union, anti worker?

Why not become a social democrat? I say that without an schadenfreude or condescension. I say it sincerely. It's workers in places like North Carolina who make this country function and not the jet setters on Wall Street. Vote for economic liberalism, unionize and throw out the bums who run your State and get the rewards that you and your family's labor warrants.

Thanks.

Obamacare is a disaster and has caused costs to skyrocket for businesses and individuals, not decrease by $2500 like he claimed. We need a free market system and the ability to buy across state lines, not a top down system that limits choices.

The bosses that cut pay and lay people off have been affected by increased health care costs, increased materials costs from a weak dollar and Fed money printing, increased regulation and taxes, etc. We need less of that, not more. Unleash business, don't overburden them.

I don't believe unions are the answer. By threatening to stop work if companies don’t pay employees more, unions force companies to layoff some workers. That hurts some union workers. Unions also protect seniority, not the most productive workers. When layoffs occur, it is the most recently hired workers who are laid off first.

Recently, there have been cases of teachers’ unions holding lotteries to see who gets laid off. When was the last time you saw a private company make hiring/firing decisions that way?

Last edited:
u didnt address what i said about you.

i understand if you dont want to tho

pride is a helluva thing

Last edited:
u didnt address what i said about you.

i understand if you dont want to tho

pride is a helluva thing

I'm not addressing someone who made a rude, 100% false statement about me and who obviously has no clue what the **** they're talking about. Got that?

Blaming the system for your problems, and demanding someone be polite as possible to you before you engage with them.

Famb, You don't see the irony of you now becoming the straw man liberal you accused everyone else of being for years.

How many times have you said insensitive things and told people to deal with it? How many times have you shamed liberals for complaining about the system?

I'm not even trying to gloat or shade you, because I take no pleasure in watching the next man or his family struggle, but I hope you show others the same empathy you respect you are now demanding from others. Because what you're feeling now is exactly what so many on the left feel, especially minorities.

So hope today was a learning experience for you.

Last edited:
I'm not addressing someone who made a rude, 100% false statement about me and who obviously has no clue what the **** they're talking about. Got that?

i hope you and your family will prosper,

whomever is the president of the united states of america.

Back
Top Bottom